SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have one and need some info and thought it might be nice to make a list that other people can use as a reference.

Oil : 10w60
Type of Oil : Synthetic A.P.I SJ
Oil Capacity : 1.23 imp. qts. = 1.48 US qts. ( thanks oldskool63 )
Spark Plug type : NGK CR8EB
Plug Gap : 0.7mm
Valve clearance : .006"-.008" exhaust, .004"-.006" intake ( thanks Ash )
Valve shim O.D : 7.48 ( thanks NateZ and oldskool63 )
Stock jetting : Manual calls for 175 main 30 pilot 3rd clip

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have one and need some info and thought it might be nice to make a list that other people can use as a reference. I have some questions below, so if you have the answers please share. ( I have some info already )

Oil : 10w60
Type of Oil : Synthetic A.P.I SJ
Spark Plug type : NGK CR8EB
Plug Gap : 0.7mm

What is the valve clearance on these ? I need to check my valves but im not sure of the specs.

What are the intervals that husky recommends the oil be changed at?

How many links come in the stock chain?

What type of oil do you use in your clutch master cylinder?

What type of oil do you use to oil your filter?
- Valves are .006"-.008" exhaust, .004"-.006" intake.

- Most of us are changing oil every 500 miles on the street, or every track day.

- Any type of mineral oil works. I run 10wt fork oil in mine with no issues.

- Any standard filter oil works. I think I use K&N, but its just what I happen to have on my shelf.

As far as chain links, I'm unsure.

·
Registered
514 Posts
There's good info at GearingCommander.com

Load your bike and you can toy around with different sprocket sizes to see what changes they'll make. There's also ratios listed for each gear.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Sounds like you have the TC case then. That site has the TC450 listed as well, so just load that bike instead of the SM when you're looking. Keep in mind the TC has a 19" rear wheel and a larger tire, so make sure to change the top columns to a 17" with whatever size tire you have or your numbers will be way off.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes I verify that. 7.48mm shims. How do you like the 15/39 setup? I took the 16 tooth off the front and put my 15 on but havent ridden it yet, hopefully today. The 16 was too harsh in first, second and third gear at low revs, lots of chain slap ect. Too bad cause it was real good throughout the rest of the range.

Nate

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
ive read that the 04 husky takes 7.48mm shims...can anyone verify this?
?:headscratMy 2008 and all the jap 450's use the 9.48 size shims. Please double check.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
The '04's were bastards, 7.48 is correct. Really no need to buy the whole kit. Get the refill kit with the sizes you need.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
The '04's were bastards, 7.48 is correct. Really no need to buy the whole kit. Get the refill kit with the sizes you need.
Good to know.....just seemed odd......:headscrat

1 - 20 of 36 Posts