SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new bike for the boy over the weekend. Doing maintainence on it and I don't have a manual yet. I ordered a service manual last night but that doesn't help me now.
Drained it all down, and time to refill. Heres the question.
There are 2 8mm bolts with phillips heads. one about half way up the case and one just above the water pump.
stamped on the side of the case is 600 so with both those bolts out I measeured out 600ml of honda gear oil and with the bike standing level after about 475ml oil was coming from lower hole. i put the bolt in place. and continued my pour finishing the 600ml no oil ever came from top hole by the pump.
So am I over full or under full. whats this dummy missing?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ummmm... the 85 oil change is pretty straight forward. You empty the oil from the big 17mm bolt on the bottom of the engine. You fill it up in the hole right behind the kick starter where there's a hand turn-able rubber stopper.

I hope to God you're not talking about the water pump holes...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You fill it up in the hole right behind the kick starter where there's a hand turn-able rubber stopper.

I hope to God you're not talking about the water pump holes...
allright I prolly deserve that, I did call my self a dummy and I did type fast and maybe I wasn't clear.
I know where the oil goes! :thumbup: I'm not a mechanical boob, just new to this bike.
I was hoping to find some one that has this bike and could give me exact info on to if I should worry about that top inspection bolt by the pump. No not the water pump impeller cover But just above it. and is a hole into an oil galley of some sort (bolt was a lil oily) The question is do I care?
And By filling with the full 600ml and oil was coming from bottom inspection bolt (the one about halfway up the case 4"to the right of the filler hole) did I over fill the crank case? I should have measured what came out when I drained it... fairly certain it was low however when drained because when removing the inspection no oil came from the hole even when turned a lil sideways :hmmm:
Soooo any takers?
Ps rode the dogsnot out of it last night and she rips.
Pulled the carb apart and cleaned her all out cleaned the gas tank fresh plug a lil blue gas and whamo started first kick.
He ran a half tank thru and plug looks great.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and Neighbor kid is so jealous with his CRF80
he olny weighs about 75# and his direct quoute was "Dang Mr. Green this thing is Beast"

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ok then, LOL...had me worried. Don't worry about that bolt at all. Yes, just filler her up with 600ml/cc. If there's too much it will be spit out the vent tube.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no worries.... curiosity is killing me though can't wait for my service manual to get here to find out what that oil inspection bolt up by the pump is for? Has me really scratching my head

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Service manual came and says nothing of the other bolt. Wonder why if its just another case bolt why would it have the phillips head on it. Weird. oh well, all seems good and she rips!

·
Registered
2 Posts
What the hell is it for .The rearward lower plug is your check point i know this ,I freaked when iul came outta that just bought the bike but the coolant drain us at bottom if pump.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts