SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i just sold my 600rr, because i upgraded to the 1000rr. I love this bike, ive only put 1000 miles on it, it currently has 7200ish miles. Im having problems shifting, especially 5th gear, when in gear it will sometimes slip like its on the edge of being in gear and goes back into neutral. And when upshifting hard and accelerating, i will put in into 5th and it will rev up like its in neutral:headshake

any help is appreciated, ive checked the shifter assembly everything is working fine, it goes in and out of gear fine when its shut off just clicking it through the gears. Oh and the bike is also making a knocking noice from the engine, idk if its a cam chain slapping, valves, or something in the gearbox.

I Just switched the bike over from the dirty oil it had in it, it know has amsoil 20-50 synthetic with only 750 miles on the oil change. My father recommended i change my oil again, and the clutch fluid.

·
Registered
243 Posts
From the way it is sounding there is something a little more serious happening that a simple oil change is not going to fix. Either the clutch needs to be replaced or the more serious which is needing to repair the transmission.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Fifth & sixth are the heaviest load on the clutch. Sounds to me like your clutch is slipping. Watch the tach when it happens. If the rpm increase, but the bike seems to be staying at the same speed, your clutch is slipping. I'd get rid of the oil that you're using. I find Motul 5100 to be the best for my four-stroke wet clutches.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it doesnt seam to be slipping, the clutch engages just fine, it seams more like its getting stuck inbetween gears, because sometimes when i shift say from 4th to 5th it will go into 5th, but then when i get on the gas it slams back to 4th...

I quess my plan is to drain the oil and look for any metal, and pull the sidecase and check out the clutch:headscrat, im praying its an easy fix, only so much time to ride in the northeast!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and to replace a shift fork you must pull the motor from the frame and split the cases? This will be a pricey job to have someone else do:hmmm:
im thinking if the whole motors gotta come apart maby i should do new everything, and build it with nice parts, only 7200 miles tho:damn:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts