SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I bought a 04 450smr that needed new wheels, I got new hoops laced up but now the spokes are hitting the caliper? It’s a factory smr bike with the radial mount caliper is there supposed to be a spacer between the caliper and the fork mount? Has anyone had this issue?
Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The parts fiche shows 2 spacers (one on each side).... they are the same part number 78009012000.
Keith
Thanks I have the wheel spacers I was curious if I’m missing a spacer that sits between the brake caliper and the fork.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Doesn't look like it.... (2) 35mm mounting bolts to bolt the caliper directly to the fork leg....
Did you re-use the front stock hub??
The caliper looks like it goes inboard of the fork leg bracket..... a spacer would push the caliper further into the spokes..... The stock rim is a 3.5".. is the new rim drilled such that the holes are further out from the center-line of the rim?? That is the only reason I can see would make a difference.
Keith

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
1st off 2004 SMR's had a axial mount 6Piston beringer only. 2005---> are radial.
Yes I have had 8 SMR's. Now riding 06 560SMR. There are 2 spacers that are 2.5mm thick that go between the caliper and radial fork mount for OE 310mm Braking rotor. Thicker spacers to run a 320 if wanted. Not installing spacers causes caliper to interfere with and damage spokes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts