SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old stator was toast, so I am looking for a new replacement. I ordered a unit form Electrosport, and now it won't fit on the bike. I spoke with Trent over at Electrosport, and was told I was the first person to ever have this problem, and that there is no solution. He also stated that I would most likely not receive a refund unless it is measurably different from another unit of the same model number that they measure it against :headscrat

So what stator will fit my bike, and power my lights? Im getting a bit frustrated over here

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any help here? Im thinking about ordering the prosport but I dont want to go through the same process here. Has anyone had success with the electrosport?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Maybe a previous owner has already done the WR stator swap? Just spit balling here...

Maybe you can send them your old stator and they can match it...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe a previous owner has already done the WR stator swap? Just spit balling here...

Maybe you can send them your old stator and they can match it...
The one we pulled out looked to be an older electrosport unit. It looks like it fired itself but I figured with the updates and semi positive reviews that I have been hearing another unit from the same company would fit. I just want to get this damn thing running again

·
Registered
995 Posts
I've gotten to know Trent at Electrosport WAY too well the past couple weeks.

I installed one of their lighting stators on a KTM 2T and the ignition timing was 180 degrees off. Got a hold of Trent and he told me that the stator must have been built wired backwards, "happens occasionally on stuff made in China", I was told. You'd think they would offer to swap my bass ackwards stator, which I bought new, for one that was manufactured correctly. Nope? He wants ME to rewire the stator to correct THEIR mistake.

Trail Tech stators cost more, but they are well worth it, both in quality (which is visible when you put a Electrosprt next to a Trail Tech) and customer service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I've gotten to know Trent at Electrosport WAY too well the past couple weeks.

I installed one of their lighting stators on a KTM 2T and the ignition timing was 180 degrees off. Got a hold of Trent and he told me that the stator must have been built wired backwards, "happens occasionally on stuff made in China", I was told. You'd think they would offer to swap my bass ackwards stator, which I bought new, for one that was manufactured correctly. Nope? He wants ME to rewire the stator to correct THEIR mistake.

Trail Tech stators cost more, but they are well worth it, both in quality (which is visible when you put a Electrosprt next to a Trail Tech) and customer service.
Will the trail tech power my lights on the bike though?
EDIT: looks like they don't make a unit for my bike. Helpful people thought. I think Im gonna put the stocker back in to get it running and order a prosport unless I can find a better solution

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trent is a [email protected] and Electrosport sucks

I don't know what to say about theses guys other than, run away, run away. I wouldn't put their junk in my bike if you gave it to me because I wouldn't want to push it home!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts