SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Selling my street legal 2003 Yamaha WR450. First off i must say that the bike does not run and has about half the compression it should. I am selling the bike as is because I would just like to get a bike thats a little better suited for the street. the bike has been redone from the frame up, the frame, swing arm, subframe and all the skid plates have been powder coated,
-applied tripple clamp
-pro taper contour bars
-trail tech vapor
-all new plastic
- clarke tank
-gripper seat
-guts tall seat foam
-cycra handguards
-full FMF exhaust system
-excell rims and hubs
-Dunlop D208 tires 75% life left
-baja designs taillight
-15/44 gearing
-sidewinder timoly rear sprocket
-D.I.D X ring chain
-Ceramic coated power bomb header
-gray wire mod
-accelerator pump mod
-3x3 mod
-street titled
-all new steering stem bearings
-new swing arm bearings
-new lower link bearings
-new fork seals and bushings.
I have all the reciepts for parts, and work done to the bike. This thing is a blast to ride, i have owned the bike for 2 years now. it started life as a dirtbike,i am the third owner, as i understand it the bike has had some suspension work done but im not sure exactly what though. I rode the bike in the dirt alittle when i first got it but the through some wheels and tires on it and titled it right after that. when winter came i took the bike all apart and started the rebuild on it, i rode it almost all of last summer before the engine quit. i rode it from Chicago to Kalamazoo, MI once which is about 360 miles round trip. these bikes definetly arent made to be ridden that far:headshake. i would like to see it go to a new home very soon so someone can get it goin before the nice weather hits. I am lookin to get $3,200 for it and i could possibly help with delivery for gas money. you can pm me here or call me at 847-845-5085 with any questions u may have. NO TRADES PLEASE! thanks for looking. heres a video with the bike in it, look at about the 4:20min mark... http://youtube.com/watch?v=B7iyOa8-QCE

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
almost forgot, bike is located in chicagoland area not michigan like my profile says. i will get some more pics up soon, they wouldnt upload for some reason.

·
Registered
557 Posts
ridin with those guys its no wonder you have half compression. lol i live in phoenix and theres some BIG groups and its no fun ridint in a pack like that to me. to many dumbf&**(ers doing stupid s#%t around me, to much of a chance of them taking me out.
if it was a better price i would be all about your bike (YES I KNOW I COULDNT BUILD IT FOR THAT MONEY) that would be perfect here in phoenix as a stable mate to my zrx1100.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i also have the dirt wheels all the old plastic,exhaust,seat, tripples, tank, and some other misc. things. all of it goes with the bike when it sells.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Wow. Cannot tell you how bored I was with that video........ Until I seen the SM.....LOL Nice skills man good luck with the sale. Free bump.:thumbup:

Late

·
Registered
220 Posts
yes no kidding, complete idiots who post negative remarks like that. sweet deal on that bike. ive got two wr 450 and love them and would buy yours but shipping would kill me, if you part it id be interested in the motor, good luck

·
Registered
295 Posts
do you know what is needed to be done to the motor? i am heading back home (close to the boarder) in a bit over a month and will be coming back with a bike, just not sure which one. that thing is sweet, just would like to know what needs to be done to the motor to get it tip top

·
Registered
120 Posts
Complete jackasses in that video. Only idiots ride like that on the street. When these idiots show up at the track I laugh at them. Say what you will but riding like that on the street is stupid. Period.

·
Registered
120 Posts
yes no kidding, complete idiots who post negative remarks like that. sweet deal on that bike. ive got two wr 450 and love them and would buy yours but shipping would kill me, if you part it id be interested in the motor, good luck
You say idiots post like that but see nothing wrong with that type of riding on the street? Boy you ARE an idiot. Stupid hurts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You say idiots post like that but see nothing wrong with that type of riding on the street? Boy you ARE an idiot. Stupid hurts
i will give you this bike if you just come over here and let me punch you in the face one good time. leave my thread alone.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts