SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI im new and was wondering whats the cheepest way i can put 17" on my bike? Do i have to buy the hub and rim or can i buy just a rim and spokes? Thanks.

·
Registered
406 Posts
i would look for a used set of KTM supermoto wheels. Buy those and the right axle spacers (if you need them) and your all set

·
Registered
113 Posts
good luck

i just went thru this problem i also have a 02' 400exc the problem i found with used sets is everyone has them for axel size 26mm (2003 and above)

we have a 20mm axel in the front

i was ready to just lace up my stock hubs to a set of 17's when i finally came across a used set on ebay

if you cant wait for a set to show up in the for sale section just order from hardparts but you gonna spend 1500.00 to 1800.00 bucks

i also searched google everyday with this line
"ktm supermoto craigslist" and i did find quite a few sets on craigslist but no one ever wanted to shipped

keep looking you will find them

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have bought 2 sets of wheels off this site, both for ~$650/set (one was new in boxes still) and both cush drive, aaand both shipped to me in Canada no problem. The 26-20mm problem is easily solved with spacers for the front wheel (hardparts I think?), and other than that I believe ANY KTM sx/exc/mxc/sumo wheels fit with no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts