SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll. I'm just about to buy this '02 520 exc with the big bore bolt on kit with hotcam and supermoto setup, everything else stock including the exhaust and carb. I plan to only keep it as a track bike and i'm not rich. It has real low hours. does this bike still got what it takes to be competative on the track these days? :hmmm:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Competitive at what level? There are many factors that contribute to being competitive, lower on the list is the bike.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
The rider is more important than the machine at amateur levels of racing, especially if you're just starting racing. I run a 560 and Emmerson Conner smokes me on a 250 @ Etown. I roadrace a 10 year old 600 against new 1000's and manage to finish mid pack.
In all probability (no offense intended) the bike will be more capable than you are. After a couple of years of seat time on the track you will be better able to determine if you need to upgrade.
Of course the main object is to have fun to begin with so as long as you have a couple of people who you can dice with it's all good (although winning occasionally is nice too).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts