SuperMoto Junkie banner

new sumo xf-200

301K views 747 replies 94 participants last post by  facus 
#1 ·
I dont ususally like these things but I'm seriously giving some thought to buying one for my girl. I think this is one of the better looking bikes (chinese or otherwise) i've seen in quite a while and with a $2100 msrp, mikuni carb, and a 2 year warranty included it's pretty damn tempting. I'm pretty sure this is a drz [200?] clone of some sort.

here's the link to the specs.

http://www.qlinkmotor.com/product2.php?id=46

See less See more
#515 ·
derbis engine puts out about 4-5BHP stock here in scandinavia and is restricted to about 30mph = 45 km/h. but trow on an effect exhaust and a bigger carburator and it does about 75-80~. But there are pepole that have goten almost 30bhp out of the engine. But then they can´t really be driven on the streets anymore. or the police isent gona like you :)

#8 ·
A used DR350SE (electric start) with 50/50 or sportsman tires is a far better choice for about the same money. Then when she outgrows it, it's still worth similar money.. Just my .02 worth, but don't buy the chinese gabage. They are called qlink for a reason.. that's the sound of your money hitting the bottom of the shipping container from and going back to china..

#9 ·
They are called qlink for a reason.. that's the sound of your money hitting the bottom of the shipping container from and going back to china..
:Funny::Funny::Funny::Funny: HAHAHA!! nicely put. I was just throwing that out there, the two year guaranteed was what stood out to me and I found a used one less than a year old for $800. I was a little "if"y on buying new, 2k is (as many of you have put it) within a few bones of a used DRZ. I still say it's a good lookin bike though, the chinese may yet make something worth having.... :infrandom

#13 ·
not so much....

I agree with all the other statements...get a 2nd hand drz, I'm really not a fan of Chinese knock offs, if they can do what the japanese did 30 yrs ago then great, but at the moment the majority of their products ( bikes and cars ) are utter shite.

Personally I don't want to see a dime go to the CHinese until they actually make a quality product..

just my 2 cents

#24 ·
Damn Straight!

I agree with all the other statements...get a 2nd hand drz, I'm really not a fan of Chinese knock offs, if they can do what the japanese did 30 yrs ago then great, but at the moment the majority of their products ( bikes and cars ) are utter shite.

Personally I don't want to see a dime go to the CHinese until they actually make a quality product..

just my 2 cents

The Japanese were and are Craftsmen compared to todays Chinese.
My company has a bunch of shit made in China. And most of it get's retailed through fuckin Walmart or the like. It's like pulling teeth. Trying to get them to produce something that's worth the fuckin cost of shipping it across the ocean. They just do not care. Fuck Them. :rant:

mini-rant over :D

#16 ·
IDK guys I saw and rode one today at a local shop in Raleigh NC. Overall the bike seemed decent for the price $1995 otd with a 2 year warranty. Plus the guys at the shop all said that they don't get many back with problems and if they do it will be replaced. And I trust these guys. Oh yeah the shop is Iron Thunder in Raleigh NC.

#19 ·
Supermoto my ass heavier than a haybusa and slower than a harley and what's up with the drum brake?????

You can get a DRZ400 for $2000 and lace up rims from Wheel Wright for $500 in your stock rims...

For a little more than $2500 you get a bike that will run for ever and a Shitload of accessories to make it nicer and faster....

#20 ·
I do not understand why people think a dealer will go under in a few months just for selling a Chinese or Korean motorcycle brand.

True 10-12 years ago when these types of brands started showing (I was a tech working on them) up there were issues but the current bikes are very well made. How else could they offer a 2 year warranty?

#21 ·
I think it's not so much dealer's that will go down but rather the manufacturer that will probably fail to live up to the terms of this so called warranty and the delivery of parts and the such.

my friends learned their lesson when they went after some cheap chinese knockoff pitbikes. most of those bikes broke down after a couple of runs and eventhough they came with a 3 month warranty (funny enough) we weren't able to get the bikes fixed at the place they bought it from and when we tried to get a hold of parts to fix em ourselves nothing was available.

I'd really like to see chinese manufacturers uphold their statements about warranty but my personal experience tells me not to believe everything they throw at you. besides there's allready a couple catches that can easily be exploited when you read the warranty claims on the site.

it's not just the warranty, it just makes more sense to spend money on let's say a used drz. it'll be better built and quality will be higher no matter how you look at it, better dealer and aftermarket support and finding a decent used unit shouldn't pose a problem.

#25 ·
I know a guy who has one.

I have a co-worker who has one and loves it. Seriously. He has had eight motorcycles and still loves it. He has already modified it by changing out the rear sprocket for better top end on the highway. It only has 250 miles on it so there is a lot of time for issues. I am considering getting one to ride to work once in a while and put in the back of the truck to go trail riding too. Nothing serious. It will be my first bike. I also like the 2 year warranty. But after reading these post will be sure to get more info on the availability of dealer support as I am not a mechanic. Awesome thread for me. I am taking it all in. Will be a couple months before I buy. Either way will continue to update on my or my buddies bike. The one thing that makes me even consider this vehicle is the Suzuki engine.

#26 ·
let us know how it works out... i ended up chickening out on the xf and just bought a good ole fashioned drz for her instead. i figured a little cash on this end should pay off in a few years... The drz is still a little tall for her though so a used xf could be in the works in a few months if she still can't get the hang of it; I figure we could probably pick one up for less than a grand used :D.

Welcome to the forum volksjagger :clap::clap:

#27 ·
I will be sure to do that. I noticed that the price was just raised $500 for the bike. Must be due to beginning of the year or the demand for the vehicle. Something like that. I sure wish I could get those flat black plastics like skully25 in Belgium. Those are sweet!

#29 ·
I own one and love it.

volksjagger
Here is a pic of my XF-200. You can't beat the price! All I did was change the sprocket to a 40 and open up the exhaust and go riding. This bike is a blast for the price. It could use a little more power but that won't be a problem. Oh I did the graphics myself too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.