Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: New or Prospective Members Please Read This First

Hey spyke, if your looking for affordable and ready to go get yourself a Suzuki dr400sm. Or go my route and build your own BUT ITS NOT THE CHEAP WAY..... I'm damn near 10 grand into it lol
    Using Tapatalk

Default New

Hello, I am Anthony, and I am new to the forum. I used to desert race Dirtbikes in high school and did a lot of Duning in my area. My weapon of choice was a YZ250F and a YFZ450 followed by a Suz LTR450. Unfortunately, due to active duty military service, I've had to get rid of all of my toys and am looking into building a sumo as a daily to from work bike. I am particular to the WR450F as I am very familiar with the layout of the Yamaha. Hopefully, (pending wife approval and funds), I'll be beginning a Sumo build sometime early spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant_USMC View Post
    Hello, I am Anthony, and I am new to the forum. I used to desert race Dirtbikes in high school and did a lot of Duning in my area. My weapon of choice was a YZ250F and a YFZ450 followed by a Suz LTR450. Unfortunately, due to active duty military service, I've had to get rid of all of my toys and am looking into building a sumo as a daily to from work bike. I am particular to the WR450F as I am very familiar with the layout of the Yamaha. Hopefully, (pending wife approval and funds), I'll be beginning a Sumo build sometime early spring.
    Welcome to smj! Sometimes it's easier to beg for forgiveness then to ask for permission...

we have had the conversation many times, the deal was if i sell all my stuff i could get a bike later, well its later and debt free so i think its time. her not so much?.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant_USMC View Post
    we have had the conversation many times, the deal was if i sell all my stuff i could get a bike later, well its later and debt free so i think its time. her not so much?.
    I'd go pick it up and remind her of what the deal was...

Hello everyone. I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself first. You can call me J or one wheel. 1200 is a good one 2. Lol. Anyway does anybody know or have some advice for me. I'm doing a RMZ 450 2007 front forks on a 2014 Dr 650 se thumper. The problem I'm having is that I bought some warp 9 wheels for the DR 650 application. Then some jerk cut me off and slammed the brakes on a tore my front end up. I've been reading your blogs like thumper talk and seeing everyone was going with the RMZ 450 forks. Now I'm having trouble with mounting the rim. Different axel and bearings I know but there isn't any application that I can find for the right Dimension bearings. Help!<br/>

Hello everyone. I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself first. You can call me J or one wheel. 1200 is a good one 2. Lol. Anyway does anybody know or have some advice for me. I'm doing a RMZ 450 2007 front forks on a 2014 Dr 650 se thumper. The problem I'm having is that I bought some warp 9 wheels for the DR 650 application. Then some jerk cut me off and slammed the brakes on a tore my front end up. I've been reading your blogs like thumper talk and seeing everyone was going with the RMZ 450 forks. Now I'm having trouble with mounting the rim. Different axel and bearings I know but there isn't any application that I can find for the right Dimension bearings. Help!

Try contacting warp 9
    Using Tapatalk

Hey guys, my name is Des and I live in Brisbane, Australia. I recently just bought a drz400sm and love it. Before that I had a rmx250 and a rmz450. If I could have got the rmz registered I would have tarted that up but no chance in QLD so I sold it. The rmx needed more work than it was worth.

Anyway I'm digging the forum and the info available so Cheers fellas.

Hey guys I'm Josh. I am currently trying to find a supermoto been doing a lot of research but still can't find the right one I'm not gonna give up haha! Anyway i'm 20 and doing some highway rides if anyone has insight on a bike that would be fantastic!

Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Bullock93 View Post
    Hey guys I'm Josh. I am currently trying to find a supermoto been doing a lot of research but still can't find the right one I'm not gonna give up haha! Anyway i'm 20 and doing some highway rides if anyone has insight on a bike that would be fantastic!
    I currently have an 08 Yamaha wr250r/x (r model with x rims and wheels) That has the best, practical mods that makes the bike the way it should actually ride for sale. Comes with oem parts too. 4900 obo. Let me know if you're interested. I ride it as my commuter almost every day but I'm interested in another bigger bike to haul myself and my gf. It's in the classifieds on this site. Can't miss it. In on my phone but let me know if you need a link

How much highway?

Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by crash279 View Post
    How much highway?
    Because I've switched jobs and I bought this with the intention of doing about 30miles, about 2/3 of that being highway, I commute about 10miles one way on the highway a day. There's about 6200 miles on the bike. I bought it in February and it had about 5400 on it then.

Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Skyland Clyde View Post
    Because I've switched jobs and I bought this with the intention of doing about 30miles, about 2/3 of that being highway, I commute about 10miles one way on the highway a day. There's about 6200 miles on the bike. I bought it in February and it had about 5400 on it then.
    Whoops, wrong reply. Either way, the bike is great for highway. As long as you don't plan on going twenty over the speed limit the entire time. I wouldn't do that anyway.

How much highway?
    About 50kms twice MAYBE three times a week but more like twice

Quote Originally Posted by Skyland Clyde View Post
    I currently have an 08 Yamaha wr250r/x (r model with x rims and wheels) That has the best, practical mods that makes the bike the way it should actually ride for sale. Comes with oem parts too. 4900 obo. Let me know if you're interested. I ride it as my commuter almost every day but I'm interested in another bigger bike to haul myself and my gf. It's in the classifieds on this site. Can't miss it. In on my phone but let me know if you need a link
    That sounds very good but I'm just worried at highway speeds with the 250 and I'm alittle heavy aswell and I wanna be able to get myself out of a sticky situation if need be

About 50kms twice MAYBE three times a week but more like twice
    I'm sure there will be a whole lot of "better ideas" , but a properly geared WR450 would be my pick. It'll handle the miles with no problems.

I'm sure there will be a whole lot of "better ideas" , but a properly geared WR450 would be my pick. It'll handle the miles with no problems.
    And what about the maintenance?

And what about the maintenance?
    I've ridden one daily for years. Basically tires, oil, and chain adjusts. The 5 valve head is very low maintenance. I usually check valves once a year. Only time I've had to do any valve maintenance was with a different cam install.

Change oil around 1k or so. Sometimes more, just depends on what it looks like on the dip stick.

Has anyone had a bearing failure on marchesini forged rims?

Default Noob from Indonesia :)

Hi all, I'm Al from Indonesia.
    I'm new to supermoto (start to love this bike a long time ago, but just afford to "build" one recently)

it's really a pleasure to me that I finally joined in this forum,
    I hope I can befriend with everyone here!

Default New Here

Hello Everyone!

My name is Stan. Im from Uk, London.
    Looking to get knowledge on SM and make a few friends on here.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Hey guys!
    My name is Bryce and I am currently residing in Colorado so I'm blessed with some amazing mountain canyon rides! I've been riding for two years now and currently own a 2007 KTM 450 EXC where I lucked out buying it with only 80 miles on it! Now that I'm a more comfortable riding I wanted a quicker more agile bike and stumbled upon supermotards! At first I was trying to sell my enduro bike to buy a DRZ400sm but after doing some research I found tons of exc's turned supermoto thus starting my bike transformation!