Thread: Husaberg are they any good?

Default Husaberg are they any good?

Is a 2001 Husaberg FS650 a good bike to buy and what is a good price?
    Does any one know of any bad problems these bikes have? I am a newbie and am thinking of buying one tell me your thoughts.

If you are looking to buy a berg I would suggest looking at 06 or newer. Most of the problems seem to have been worked out by then. The earlier models are good bikes too but you need to know about what you're buying and potential issues. Check husaberg.org for more info. But My 08 has been great so far.
    08 FE650
    08 250XC

My 05 has had the wire pull away from the terminal at the starter, I guess a bad crimp. Other than that

Lou.

I love Bergs, "if you take care of her" "she'll take care of you". The newer the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Murakami View Post
    If you are looking to buy a berg I would suggest looking at 06 or newer. Most of the problems seem to have been worked out by then. The earlier models are good bikes too but you need to know about what you're buying and potential issues. Check husaberg.org for more info. But My 08 has been great so far.
    I'd say go for a 2004 and newer. In 2004 they got the Keihin FCR and the new ignition which makes a big difference. The 2005 got the new exhaust which has a much better fit and looks better, also new swing arm and kick start lever. Smaller, better looking speedo as well.
    What I'm trying to say is the 2004s are great bikes but the 05 and onwards are a little bit better.
    Current bike(s): FE570 (enduro and sumo) -09, KTM 690SM Prestige-07, Kwack ZZR600-93, KTM 250EXC-R -05
    Previous: GSX750ES-83, TL1000S-97, FE650e-01, FS650e-03, FS650e-04, R6-99, FS650e-05, XT660R-04, FE450s-04, FS650e-06

I'm going to buy a 04 berg tomorrow with 9000km, just had a valve check and an akrapovic exhaust mounted. Anything I should pay extra attention to?

how many hours does 9000km equate to?
    Husaberg FS650

yeah my dirt bike has slicks!

This is her Picked her up yesterday and it's a blast to ride
    Never had such a big smile on my face while riding a bike

Wow a great looking bike you got.

If it will power wheelie in third gear out of a corner its running good!
    Enjoy the ride.
    TW
    1990 NT650 Hawk for sale.

I joined the club as well, I got an 2005 fs650e / 24.3 Hours / 783 miles.

Only problems are running light on rear doesnt work, but brake light does, and right rear blinker is busted off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjorrit View Post

i hope you know that this is not an akrapa full system ...

Quote Originally Posted by hey Johnny Park View Post
    I joined the club as well, I got an 2005 fs650e / 24.3 Hours / 783 miles.

Only problems are running light on rear doesnt work, but brake light does, and right rear blinker is busted off.
    The running light goes out on mine too every 4 or 5 months, think it's because of the vibrations. I just have to take out the bulb and re-seat it.
    Damn Husaberg reliability problems.

Lou.

Quote Originally Posted by upstateSC-rider View Post
    The running light goes out on mine too every 4 or 5 months, think it's because of the vibrations. I just have to take out the bulb and re-seat it.
    Damn Husaberg reliability problems.

Lou.
    Hey have you replaced the battery before or taken it out? What do you have to do remove? Top rear shock bolt?

Quote Originally Posted by nikolakiss View Post
    i hope you know that this is not an akrapa full system ...
    I know, bought the bike with the slip-on. But it makes enough noise to wake the whole street. I asked a local dealer for akrapovic headers but they cost 600 euro's

Quote Originally Posted by hey Johnny Park View Post
    Hey have you replaced the battery before or taken it out? What do you have to do remove? Top rear shock bolt?
    Just installed a new one tonight. Yep, the top bolt on the rear shock. Also, save yourself a lot of trouble and leave the battery in the battery tray and remove as a unit. Such a pain to remove them seperately, ask me how I know.

Lou.

I know, bought the bike with the slip-on. But it makes enough noise to wake the whole street. I asked a local dealer for akrapovic headers but they cost 600 euro's
    and they don't fit on the slip on ...

Default headers

You mean i can't just upgrade the headers on my 08 FE550 with Akra slip-on? That's what i was just about to look into.

What would you suggest to upgrade then? Bang for buck. Air filter?
    www.supermoto-canada.com
    '08 Husaberg FE550 #73

Wow nice ride!!! I wish I had've held out for a 650, but I got a sweet deal on a demo 550, not that it's not fast enough but...you know.
    www.supermoto-canada.com
    '08 Husaberg FE550 #73

I love mine and it is a blast on a kart track! Vibrations are there but when you consider you are riding a beast of a single........who cares? Bikes are supposed to vibrate. Not like riding a Japanese sewing machine. The 'Berg always puts a smile on my face and it is fun/easy to work on. I just do 500 mile valve check and oil changes and all is well. Wife lost her job so I have been working a lot to pick up the slack and haven't been able to ride much this year. It is IMPOSSIBLE to ride like an adult on the 'Berg!

Quote Originally Posted by 50then627 View Post
    I love mine and it is a blast on a kart track! Vibrations are there but when you consider you are riding a beast of a single........who cares? Bikes are supposed to vibrate. Not like riding a Japanese sewing machine. The 'Berg always puts a smile on my face and it is fun/easy to work on. I just do 500 mile valve check and oil changes and all is well. Wife lost her job so I have been working a lot to pick up the slack and haven't been able to ride much this year. It is IMPOSSIBLE to ride like an adult on the 'Berg!

how many miles for oil change for the fs650?

You need to be changing the oil every 5 hours on a Berg to keep it safe, filter every 10hrs. Valve clearance is very important and must be checked every 20hrs, if it gets hard to start you've left it too long. If the valves get tight or loose it puts stress on the rocker arm bearings which are fragile, it's common for needle rollers to break up. If your lucky (like I was) they just fall into the bottom of the cases and just requires a full clean (engine out and flushed with petrol to remove broken bits) or if your unlucky it can do serious damage to cam chain etc. Lots of info on this on Husaberg.org.

Keep the maintainence up to it (above post is spot on) and you will have a relaible bike.
    I love mine, the maintainence is worth it for the power/weight ratio

2 days ago shoulda went for a ride. Beautiful in Oakville. Then yesterday BAM! S^it load of snow!
    Working hard on the forum, website, blog. With all of that I have no time to ride/race!!!!!
    www.supermoto-canada.com
    '08 Husaberg FE550 #73

Hi there, im thinkin of buyin this 550 to learn/begin racing. Its nothiin special as i no ill spent some time hittin the tar on. Let me know if yous think its worth it. He is lookin £1500 and its an 06 model.

I dont no much about bergs so any help appreciated.

550 husaberg supermoto
    talon hubs
    excel rims
    5" rear rim
    flowed head
    6 pot front brake
    full doma pipe
    fat bars
    titunium foot pegs
    full white power suspension set up
    just service and ready to race
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sounds like a great deal
    http://www.myspace.com/aurorasnowband

05 Husaberg FS650E
    02 YZ250
    Trackday Counter: 8 / Crash Counter: 2

Nothing special you say ? It's a Berg which makes it special straight up, wait till you get stuck in !

LOl i just bough her today ther. Cheers.

I didn't read every post but still; I heard that these things will call for new oil and oil-filter after 15 operating hours. And after 200h you should revise the engine, so take it apart completely and check every bearing it has etc.. However, there's nothing more fun and powerful to ride...so I've heard.

Dusty
    No signature here, go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustwave View Post
    I didn't read every post but still; I heard that these things will call for new oil and oil-filter after 15 operating hours. And after 200h you should revise the engine, so take it apart completely and check every bearing it has etc.. However, there's nothing more fun and powerful to ride...so I've heard.

Dusty

Wrong, or not always. Ive read of people with 500 hours or more and only replacing the valve springs, and cam chain.

05 Husaberg FS650E
    02 YZ250

So which one could I expect to spend 3000€ in and have something halfway solid? 'Cuz I can learn the two things you mentioned. I go like 26km 5 times a week. Makes 130km a week and 520 a month. I only ride from March to October (Insurance is the reason) makes a yearly total of 4160km. Minus the summer vacation where I might not be in Germany or other occasions; being sick or whatever. so about 3500km tops. Now I've looked into a FS650E from 2002. People say that 2004 and newer should easily get over this 3500km. I'm seriously looking into Supermoto and don't to give away power when I buy something new. The next bike is supposed to stay for a longer time. But only if it doesn't take up more time in maintenance than I can actually ride it.

Dusty
    No signature here, go away.

They say (manual) change oil after 10 hours or 60 litres of fuel, which is roughly 7 tanks of fuel. I dont think Ive been following this very closly, I pretty much change the oil when I feel like. But Ive Changed the Oil 5 times so far since Ive had the bike. The bike now has 4060 km/s 80+ hours, and when I got it, it had 1228.8 Km/s and 21 hours. It is due for another change and a valve adjustment, which Ive never done

That is an Oil Change average of every 812 KM's and every 16.2 Hours.

I dont sit in traffic at all with the bike hardly, I always let it warm up before I ride it, and usually ride it was easy in town. I dont thrash it hardly ever. I had at the track and I pin it on the straights usually get it up to 160 - 175 km/s on the straights.

I also have been trying to catalog the fuel milage and I get an average of 160km/s a tank I can go a bit further, sometimes Ive seen 179 km/s on a tank and then it ran dry. Which at 160 is and on average ive filled the gas tank a total of 17.5 times which on average is 8 litres a fill so that is a total of 140 Litres burnt fuel since Ive owned it.. So really Ive done it pretty good.
    Last edited by hey Johnny Park; 06-16-2010 at 05:45 AM.

05 Husaberg FS650E
    02 YZ250

Looking to buy a new model 650 if anyone is interested selling one long as its solid etc..

Quote Originally Posted by tazzy562 View Post
    Looking to buy a new model 650 if anyone is interested selling one long as its solid etc..
    new model 650 ?

Yes husaberg makes a 650 and by newer model I mean 05+ after they worked out most problems.

Pm sent.

Quote Originally Posted by tazzy562 View Post
    Yes husaberg makes a 650 and by newer model I mean 05+ after they worked out most problems.
    made. thats why you had me confused (since they havent made it in 5 years). sick bikes though.