Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpinestars Supermoto Boot

Default Alpinestars Supermoto Boot

Motostrano is now taking pre-orders for the long anticipated Alpinestars Supermoto Boot. Based on the Tech 7 MX boot. This boot is retailing for $379.95 and due to ship this Spring. I don't yet have an exact date on it, nor do I have pricing for the replacement soles just yet, but I will shortly.

This boot has been long in the making, with Alpinestars testing various replaceable sole ideas for the past four years. So, I would expect this boot to be a very good Supermoto boot. Comes in White or Black.

WEB: www.motostrano.com Motostrano ships world wide. Supermoto Conversion kits, supermoto parts,Call or send me a TEXT at 650-918-6259. Happy to help and support the supermoto community.

sweet boots. now lets see more pics
    R.I.P. Jeremy Lusk
    '07 Honda TRX420FE (Rancher 420 4x4 electronic shift)
    Lets Nuke China

I held one in my hand the other day and it seemed ultra cool. The replaceable sole sections were ultra sticky.

i want!

but i need money first

yes, and in fact, these are now off 'pre-order' and on regular status having just been released.

Joe
    WEB: www.motostrano.com Motostrano ships world wide. Supermoto Conversion kits, supermoto parts,Call or send me a TEXT at 650-918-6259. Happy to help and support the supermoto community.

and, I recommend calling in your order for some special SMJ only pricing on these.

JW

what is the sole like??

I don't have a photo of the bottom, but here's a close-up of the side and they retail for $34.95.

http://www.motostrano.com/alsubote7sm.html

as soon as our first order comes in i'll have more close-ups.

Got a pic of the black boot? Also as soon as someone wears these I'd like to hear how they feel compared the the sidi's.

Not yet but I will on Monday when our first delivery arrives on Monday.
    They will be a lot like this though: http://www.motostrano.com/tech7boots.html

I've posted up photos of the Black version of this boot, as well as close-ups of the sole.

http://www.motostrano.com/alsubote7sm.html

Nice boot.

Is the black boot the vented version??
    Factory Connection, Underground Mini's, Tipton Construction, Old School Racing, Team H8R Racing, Bridgestone, South Central Race Center,SMS Racing,AXO,Bill Eddy's Motorsports,NWA Motorsports
    AKA: BOBO
    CMRA# 233

Items for Sale

Damn, looks like the Sidis are going up for sale.
    www.FastBikeIndustries.com
    "Just stay in the fast lane, and keep moving, you cannot predict your final day, so go hard for the good times while you can." Kenny Stabler
    '08 DRZ 400sm - FCR, E cams, SSW / MRD, Tuned by Wheeler
    '02 XR 50 - 1/4 scale stunt bike

I ordered mine from Joe...woo hoo...can't wait...I'll post closeups when I get the boots next week.....Thanks Joe.....
    Brian # 30

KTM 450 SMR

"Everyday is a good day" Just some days are better than others

Brian aren't you supposed to be doing something with the Wifey???

Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Tfunk View Post
    Brian aren't you supposed to be doing something with the Wifey???
    busted.
    www.FastBikeIndustries.com
    "Just stay in the fast lane, and keep moving, you cannot predict your final day, so go hard for the good times while you can." Kenny Stabler
    '08 DRZ 400sm - FCR, E cams, SSW / MRD, Tuned by Wheeler
    '02 XR 50 - 1/4 scale stunt bike

How much is shipping to Canada?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    NEVER STOP PLAYING!!! ;-)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by ELRWFO View Post
    Got a pic of the black boot? Also as soon as someone wears these I'd like to hear how they feel compared the the sidi's.

I am replacing my Sidi's...so I'll let you know....

To my knowledge both the black and white are both vented or have perforated uppers...as do the MX boot which is truly the same other than the sole...? judging by pictures and a pair of 7's I picked up at the local dealrship
    Brian # 30

KTM 450 SMR

The white version is the vented version. Very small vents on them.

Is the black boot the vented version??

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    I am replacing my Sidi's...so I'll let you know....

To my knowledge both the black and white are both vented or have perforated uppers...as do the MX boot which is truly the same other than the sole...? judging by pictures and a pair of 7's I picked up at the local dealrship
    actually now that i'm comparing them with my spectacles on they are both vented, but the white one seems to have one extra notch of a vent on the inner shin. the box, though, says vented only on the white version, which is odd. other than that they each seem identical.

well, thats good to know...you know its funny, I have bought all my clothing with the exception of my helmet from you......
    I have decided to stop looking in your deals section....good thing you don't sell KTM parts or I'd just sign over my paycheque....
    Brian # 30

KTM 450 SMR

just FYI. the 7's fit a little big. at least for me.

i fit snugly into a 10.
    my supertechs are 11's (they run big too)
    and i wear a 12 shoe

Thumbs up for another supermoto specific product.

(I still like my Gaernes better, and yes I bought 'em from the OP.)

oooooh c'mon...how the F doya know till you put on a pair...
    Brian # 30

KTM 450 SMR

oooooh c'mon...how the F doya know till you put on a pair...
    if thats aimed at me.

i was talking about regular tech 7's..

it looks like the exact same boot.

although I could be wrong. but I dont see them fitting any differently..

Wouldn't the Tech 10's be a better boot? Just saying.. They got replaceable soles too. Gotta be a reason they are close to $200 more than the new A star Boot (09' Retail) I'm not too keen on the inner bootie, but I want the lightest/ yet protective boot they make. I p/u some used Tech 6s on CL but they weigh a Ton!
    2010 Ducati F1098 -RED

2008 Hyper S -BLACK -

Quote Originally Posted by motostrano View Post
    Motostrano is now taking pre-orders for the long anticipated Alpinestars Supermoto Boot. Based on the Tech 7 MX boot. This boot is retailing for $379.95 and due to ship this Spring. I don't yet have an exact date on it, nor do I have pricing for the replacement soles just yet, but I will shortly.

This boot has been long in the making, with Alpinestars testing various replaceable sole ideas for the past four years. So, I would expect this boot to be a very good Supermoto boot. Comes in White or Black.

About time A-Star makes one
    2006 KTM560SMR #67
    2009 KTM250SX
    2002 Montesa 315r COTA
    LRRS #167
    http://www.decalmx.com/

Quote Originally Posted by heybuddy1901 View Post
    if thats aimed at me.

i was talking about regular tech 7's..

it looks like the exact same boot.

although I could be wrong. but I dont see them fitting any differently..
    It was But I do think you are right the boot is the same other than venting and the sole....sidi's do it as well Gaerne's I will be the test pig I guess...
    Brian # 30

KTM 450 SMR

well, thats good to know...you know its funny, I have bought all my clothing with the exception of my helmet from you......
    I have decided to stop looking in your deals section....good thing you don't sell KTM parts or I'd just sign over my paycheque....
    always appreciated Brian and a pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Wouldn't the Tech 10's be a better boot? Just saying.. They got replaceable soles too. Gotta be a reason they are close to $200 more than the new A star Boot (09' Retail) I'm not too keen on the inner bootie, but I want the lightest/ yet protective boot they make. I p/u some used Tech 6s on CL but they weigh a Ton!
    i'd love to see a Tech 10 SM. unfortunately you'd have to be a high paid bank exec on the bail out list to afford one these days! and that's a small little market. but, if this tech 7 does well and it might, though i wouldn't bet on it, you could see astars raising their eyebrows at doing other versions of an sm boot. personally, i'd like to see a tech 8 sm version too.

i'd love to see a Tech 10 SM. unfortunately you'd have to be a high paid bank exec on the bail out list to afford one these days! and that's a small little market. but, if this tech 7 does well and it might, though i wouldn't bet on it, you could see astars raising their eyebrows at doing other versions of an sm boot. personally, i'd like to see a tech 8 sm version too.
    well since the majority of people ive seen use the 8's I wouldnt be suprised to see one if the 7's sell decently.

and the 10's... at the rate they keep going up in price, they will be $900 soon LOL they just went up quite a bit in Jan.

It was But I do think you are right the boot is the same other than venting and the sole....sidi's do it as well Gaerne's I will be the test pig I guess...
    im ordering a pair tomorrow.
    white
    =]

sorry I was harrassing sumosix...my mistake... the site has had alot going on so I have been racing around too fast and not paying proper attention...bad bad brian...
    I think we will love the boots...
    Brian # 30

KTM 450 SMR

When you have a pair in hand( New A stars Sumo Boot) can you post weight vs Tech 10's and any other differences. Thanks
    2010 Ducati F1098 -RED

2008 Hyper S -BLACK -

Damn, I just bought a new pair of Sidi Crossfire SRS's. Guess I will wait 'till Motostrano has them on clearance to get mine.
    Team Subway Supermoto, Subway, Hebeler Suzuki, VOZ Cycle City, Wheeling Cycle Supply
    ESMRA #269

So in tennis shoes you wear a 12 and the new boot you wear a 10?
    Quote Originally Posted by heybuddy1901 View Post
    just FYI. the 7's fit a little big. at least for me.

i fit snugly into a 10.
    my supertechs are 11's (they run big too)
    and i wear a 12 shoe
    Factory Connection, Underground Mini's, Tipton Construction, Old School Racing, Team H8R Racing, Bridgestone, South Central Race Center,SMS Racing,AXO,Bill Eddy's Motorsports,NWA Motorsports
    CMRA# 233

So in tennis shoes you wear a 12 and the new boot you wear a 10?
    well in normal tech 7's. I don't have the new boot YET

The 11's are too big. I can still move my heel up and down. And I like my boots on the tight side.

I'd go to your local shop and try on the regular 7's and go from there

and, I recommend calling in your order for some special SMJ only pricing on these.

JW
    I'll be in touch tomorrow

Tried on some regular tech 7's in a 12, no go, had to order Sidi's. Why the hell wouldn't they make them in a 13. Now if only my dong was as long as my flipping foot, I'd be in another business
    CMRA# 233

well, I think it comes down to smaller market size, more narrow size range on the boots. what tends to happen if they don't get sizeing and quantities just right on a new product is the mid range sizes sell out and then there's nothing but size 7 and 14 boots on a shelf, which does fewer feet good.

although, that theory doesn't hold water when they make this boot in GOLD in a 13: http://www.motostrano.com/durbanboots.html

always appreciated Brian and a pleasure.
    got your e-mail, boots will here on Wednesday.......

Thanks Joe...
    Brian # 30

KTM 450 SMR

here are some shots...first couple shots are the venting last shot is the side view..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by brian; 02-26-2009 at 10:42 PM.
    Brian # 30

KTM 450 SMR

next shots are the sliders and how they are attached....
    Brian # 30

KTM 450 SMR

soo next two are side shots and last is the heal, is this heal part of the sole goona last...?

Quality..top notch
    fit and finish..top notch

Everthing is good...BUT I felt the boot was very stiff..like a flat track boot made outa rubber...

So tonight I put the boots on..kicked the bike, and did some testing...
    new boots ! , had to lift the heel to brake..shifting was fine...
    I felt the boots were very very good for support...very stiff sole...If you like the feel of "Sidi slippers" you WILL NOT like these boots....
    after riding up and down the street I decided these boots aren't as stiff as they seem, great great support...when I put them on I felt I could put my foot down at 100 mph's and be fine...I keep saying stiff but when they are on, that feeling goes away....not sure ...4 outa 5 till the track test...as a last comment being used to slippers these boots felt very very good...i'll comment next week... so far intial feeling on the product... 4 outa 5...I guess I know stiff boots get better with wear...duh?? but I am concerned about the wear spots...soles...replacements are cheap..but ??
    in the end I think Alpinestars kicked ass...wait till this week...my story "may" change...
    Brian # 30

KTM 450 SMR

sooo a recap....

"Fit and finish" 5
    "Comfort and support" 4 (broken in ?? maybe a 5)
    "Design and replacement"...4 hopefully a 5. but don't know till I wear them down and see "where" the heel wears...

well thats it...Thanks Joe.. don't sell all the Gaerne quite just yet
    Brian # 30

KTM 450 SMR

thanks for going to the manicure before doing this product expose' brian. bad nails are always a distraction in that kind of thing, I find... :-)

My pair should arrive March 2nd. I am a little concerned after seeing Brian's photos of the heel slider. I'm going to take a good look at my Tech 8's and see if they are worn down as badly as I think they are in the inside of the heel. Seems like a fully replaceable heel would have been a much better design. I'm not about to jump ship and go with different boots, because I've ALWAYS worn Alpinestars and I really like their products, but I am now curious as to whether or not the entire sole can be replaced. I remember hearing something about the new molded soles not being replaceable, but I find that kind of hard to believe.

just about everything is replaceable on these boots, though they don't always make all parts available out of the standard distributor catalogs. i was at the Alpinestars location in Torrence recently and saw a Tech 3 on the work bench and that is a boot that's priced at a level that it should just be re-purchased new instead of resoled. the non SM tech 7 is also replaceable.

Glad to hear that. Thanks for the fast response.