Thumb Throttle Conversion

Thread: Thumb Throttle Conversion

Default Thumb Throttle Conversion

I only found one related search result on this topic and it was specific to stunting. So, I present the following question to the group:

Has anyone thought about or actually done a wrist to thumb throttle conversion?

My preliminary thoughts on why this would be beneficial is that it may allow for a more constant hand/wrist position. And for those very experience riders, the set-up would allow for easier simultaneous throttle and heavy front-braking...think backing it in while spinning the rear tire loose with throttle.

Dan

Advertisement

do it and be one of the few
    '06 WR450FSM

Moose actually makes a combination thumb and twist throttle, when you are twisting it locks out the thumb, and when you are thumbing(?lol?) it will lock out the twisting. It is a pretty cool little set up.

http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog.j..._group_id=7399

I used to ride mx with a guy that used a finger throttle from a jetski on his bike. Short throttle lever on top and the brake lever rotated down underneath. I couldn't get used to it but he rode well with that setup.

i like the idea, but i would think your thumb would get very very tired. But for me my wrists are always hurting after riding........i may have to look into this. I wonder if you could just get a set up off a quad and bolt it on???
    '99 KTM 200 EXC tagged
    '06 Kawisaki 636

I always ditched the thumb controls....3 wheelers and the later quads.
    It was too hard to gas w/the thumb and hold on w/the rest. It might be ok on something that is a wimp mobile, my machines always had big power and I needed my thumb and at least 2 more fingers (1 or 2 on the brake) to hold on.
    I even converted my ski to a twist grip.

I laways thought it was a government issue. When some noob squid jumped on a quad and gave it a thumb full of gas, he'd actually let off and thumb-grasp the grip.
    01 CR500af 83 XL600 hooligans 83 CR480
    97 VFR750 CB1100F 93 Honda Sportster
    74 Suzuki Titan
    75 H1-F 75 RD350
    74 MT250 75 XL350 93 Ducati fighter

Quote Originally Posted by PingKing View Post
    I always ditched the thumb controls....3 wheelers and the later quads.
    It was too hard to gas w/the thumb and hold on w/the rest. It might be ok on something that is a wimp mobile, my machines always had big power and I needed my thumb and at least 2 more fingers (1 or 2 on the brake) to hold on.
    I even converted my ski to a twist grip.

I laways thought it was a government issue. When some noob squid jumped on a quad and gave it a thumb full of gas, he'd actually let off and thumb-grasp the grip.
    didnt think of that
    '99 KTM 200 EXC tagged
    '06 Kawisaki 636

Most people are always switching from thumb to twist. Leave it alone. you cant hold on as well with thumb throttle.

Advertisement