Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Riders

If anyone here is interested, Warp9Racing will soon be producing sumo wheel/brake kits for the DR650. Their R&D department borrowed my enduro 2005 DR and have been engineering/reverse engineering for almost a week now. It'll be the complete deal with rear sprocket and oversized front brake rotor. They are close to having a production version prototyped. Keep your eyes out!

Wondering if any of you guys were out going over Big Mountain pass on Monday. I was coming down on the Parley's side on a WRX and I saw two guys on what looked like two DRZ's.
    "Losing a race is no reason to cry, son. The fact that Daddy doesn't like you anymore is a pretty good reason though." (Quote from Avatar)

Anybody zoomin' this weekend?

Default Lets Ride

Yeah, maybe we should ride the supermotos down to the Dew Tour on Saturday and raise hell....

Should be some good events going Saturday, pretty sure a FMX competition.

Rode my sxv last night up and over Suncrest into Lehi and back through frontage roads. Anyone hear anything more on the deserted Go-Kart Track in Utah county? It would be great to get our hands on it and get it ready for some local supermoto riding.

I forgot the dew tour was this Saturday, but that's a possibility. Haven't heard of the kart track tho. wheres it at?

There is piece of land on the west side of I-15 in Utah county,( American fork/Pleaseant Grove area) and part of the parcel is fenced off with a run-down go kart track on it. You can see where the scoring tower is, the pits, the parking, it was a legit track at one time. Now it has weeds taking over , cracking cement and no upkeep at all. I am going to find out who owns it and see what can be done to get it ridable.

If you see a Black and Red Aprilia SXV 450 Downtown at Dew Tour, its mine. Hope to see you around.

Planning a ride this sunday the 20th, im thinking bear lake, or a ride that'll end at the dew tour to watch the freestyle motocross, but open to other ideas. PM me your number if your interested

I'm brand new to the site and saw this thread. I'm down in provo and would be interested if there is anything going on. Let me know.

there hasnt been much activity on the utah thread lately.. what are ya ridin retrik? i live in Roy and work in north salt lake. im always down for a ride

I just bought an '03 Crf450r. Its the first tard for me and I'm lovin it!

Anyone riding this weekend? I live in SLC, bike is in Draper though. Let me know

no its not. Any place sounds good I would suggest the Apline Loop, but may be a bit crowded or out by the Great Salt Lake is good too.

Its getting to be that time of year again... Thought I'd resurrect this thread to see who's still around. We'll have to get our collective s#!7 together and actually get some rides this year.
    "Losing a race is no reason to cry, son. The fact that Daddy doesn't like you anymore is a pretty good reason though." (Quote from Avatar)

Sub-mothaf*#&in-scribed. So long as there's no snow on the ground and it's at least in the high 40s I'm down to ride around the Ogden area.
    2009 KTM 690 SMC//2010 YZ450F MX/SM//2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200S

Well it just so happens that me, J.R and possibly a couple others may be interested in a GTG soon .

Im thinking week and a half til my bike is going again. Just waiting for parts!

I want to go check out kelly's new shop soon if anyone wants to meet there and bullshit?? hit me up! if I cant ride there Ill drive...

I think I know where that is... Where was the shop before, unfortunately I really don't have many (really any) bike shop connections.

Im not sure where it was... I'd sure like to check this out tho. Kelly is a great guy and Im sure He will only help the motorcycle community grow around here

I'm around for some riding. Just not so easy to sneak off anymore but I'd like to get in on a ride!
    Its all about the Kustom!
    www.magiksc.com
    10 YZ 450F
    08 SM 450R- Building it my way
    Like our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magik...s/132906563520

What's up Utah riders. I just moved here from Oregon. Well, I'm in the process of moving. My bike should be down here within the next 2 weeks. How's the supermoto community around Utah? I haven't seen any bikes yet. Any tracks to ride? I've seen some of the passes and they seem like they would be awesome once the gravel clears from the roads. Anyways, I'm subscribed to the thread now and look forward to meeting up for some rides or some hooliganism. I'm going to be living in Salt Lake, so if your anywhere nearby, let me know.

I love Monte Cristo and East Canyon myself. Monte is up North near Huntsville around the Pineview Reservoir and East Canyon is a much nicer way to get from the Ogden area to SLC/Park City than I15 if you have the time.

I am still very new to the SuMo scene and have yet to take my WR up Trapper's Loop so I'm not sure how well that's going to go since it's a pretty decent incline the majority of the way up.

Theres a decent group around here.

Track riding can be had at Miller Motorsports park. This year is a down year, We only have a 4 race schedule planned, But hey were racing! Theres also a Utah racing section in the racing forums section on here. So keep an eye on that.

Straydog,
    Your WR should be fine for trappers

Straydog,
    Your WR should be fine for Trapper's (mine's been over it more times that I can count and hasn't died yet). I just wish there were a different way to get over it to get to Old Smowbasin Rd, that is pretty much the local sumo Shangra-La...

In Layton, you're in Roy as I recall...

Hell, with the weather I would say today but with it being St. Patty's day I really don't have any intention of being in any shape to drive for very long after work...

Quote Originally Posted by phonebem2 View Post
    Straydog,
    Your WR should be fine for Trapper's (mine's been over it more times that I can count and hasn't died yet). I just wish there were a different way to get over it to get to Old Smowbasin Rd, that is pretty much the local sumo Shangra-La...
    I've put many a mile down on Old Snow Basin and Monte Cristo on a variety of sport bikes and I am drooling in anticipation for hitting it up with my WR. How about coming up 12th St Canyon? That any better than Trapper's? There's such a serious grade on Trapper's I think I'd rather suck up the crappy traffic on 12th and get to OSB that way.

Unfortunately Old Basin Road is closed above Wheeler Canyon till 1 May. While I wouldn't mind riding a closed road, they do groom it for XC skiing and that takes forever to melt. I'm betting most of it is still snowed-in.

As far as 12th St. goes, I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a screwdriver. My WRX can keep around 75 the whole way up Trapper's but I usually don't even go that "fast" because I see at least one cop every trip over...

Yea, the traffic on 12th is absolutely retarded pretty much every time. What I don't understand is how people can go 15-20 under the speed limit and still cross the double yellow lines

SUPPOSED to be almost 60 this Sunday, anyone down for some South Weber drive to Trapper's Loop action? Nothing too crazy but it's still out and about on two wheels which I am dying for and have been doing every day it's been above 50...

Default looking forward to spring riding

I will getting my sxv 450 ready for some pre-season rides in the next couple weeks, good to see there is already some chatter on here for getting together to ride.

I will keep an eye on this thread and hope to meet up soon.

In in Draper so my usual quick-fix ride is up and over Suncrest in to alpine . But I would like to learn some better rides. I also ride up to snowbird quite often but the traffic sucks going up little cottonwood canyon. I need to find a similar canyon ride with less cars.

I run the alpine loop but turn off and head to Midway towards Cascade then loop back around through Soldier Hollow. If you aren't afraid of some fun dirt its way fun.
    Its all about the Kustom!
    www.magiksc.com
    10 YZ 450F
    08 SM 450R- Building it my way
    Like our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magik...s/132906563520

Got a google map of it Ty? Not sure I know where your talkin about..

OH And Ill be givin you a call tomorrow. The bike isnt quite done but I think we can still do a phone conference to figure things out

So if anyone wants to do a nice easy ride tomorrow (21 March) up North, I will be at the Starbucks in Riverdale at 3 pm leaving by 330 at the latest to cruise So Weber and up Trapper's if it's not too cold. If that's not a good time for people, let me know, I'm down to leave a little earlier or later. I only say 3 because it is supposed to be in the mid to high 50s by then.

I might get to go, it depends on whether or not I get a call to go BC skiing. If I don't go I'll be there.

Ok, well I'm not going to wait past 330 at the latest so if anyone's coming and shows past then, see you on South Weber or Trappers.

If I can make it I'll be there around 3.

Fun stuff, we need to get an all SuMo ride together one of these days. Powder Mtn is perfect for a supermoto

It is a good one, even better in the summer when we won't get caught behind the Buick (or whatever the grandma-mobile was)...