Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Riders

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Supermang View Post
    Hey Im in Roy, and was looking to get some tard riders together at some point, me and a friend are going to do some wheelies and goof around up by GSL (on friday) and there is both jumps, flatland mud/dirt and asphalt for wheelies, no twisties really but its isolated, interested in going? and not just you, but anybody really, i'd love to actually ride with some other sumo riders... let me know, pm or just reply to this and i'll get the notification on my blackberry
    Post here when/where everyone would be meeting. I just might be able to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by starskey View Post
    Post here when/where everyone would be meeting. I just might be able to make it.
    cool, friday 6pm @ the Common Cents gas station, corner of 1900 W & 5600 S ... its not gonna be this big ride, just a goof off session for a couple of hours, but that would rock if you come out!
    "...if you can't wheelie it, then it serves no purpose in life..."

Have: 05 DRZ400SM, Want: WR250X, another fiddy, maybe another R6, Need: more money to buy the wants

cool, friday 6pm @ the Common Cents gas station, corner of 1900 W & 5600 S ... its not gonna be this big ride, just a goof off session for a couple of hours, but that would rock if you come out!

Barring any fiascos, I shall be there. Haven't been able to ride all week, so it'll be nice to just zip around a bit. Look for the Blue helm and jacket on a black DR650.

ok, so it looks like the weather is gonna hold today, we are still meeting at the above location, just show up or if you want my number them pm me and i'll send it... we usually dont wait but if anybody wants to go, show up @ 6 or just go up to 12th street and keep going west until you cross the tracks (about 8 miles from the light at 1900 and 12th) thats where we'll be... or 'round about that area...

Have: 05 DRZ400SM, Want: WR250X, another fiddy, maybe another R6, Need: more money to buy the wants

Default Ever have one of those days?

A few pics from the ride this eve. I'll let the pictures do the talking. I'm the guy NOT in any of these pictures

Enough said?

damn! that didnt take long to put them up! man, what a crazy evening and all this reminds me of the list "reasons to love your motard" --> when we lay 'er down it does tens of dollars of damage, vs's hundreds or thousands....

That looks interesting.
    I wanted to come out today but found out I have strep throat so it didn't work out. I blame it on the weather. Oh well we need to get something together this next week if the weather is good. It looks like i missed out. Any ideas for a good ride this week let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by derekm26 View Post
    That looks interesting.
    I wanted to come out today but found out I have strep throat so it didn't work out. I blame it on the weather. Oh well we need to get something together this next week if the weather is good. It looks like i missed out. Any ideas for a good ride this week let me know.
    yeah man, get better, strep is no joke, we still have lots of riding ahead... but you did miss a pretty spectacular crash... an example of what happens when you dont use the rear brake to catch a wheelie, luckily he walked away, and the bike can be fixed, but damn it was crazy, even more so was that starskey got a pic of it right before it got wadded up (see pic 3) ... it was cool to finally ride with another sumo rider though the SB rider is currently at davis hospital with a poss broken elbow and some road rash on his knee....

Default Miller supermoto

Anybody make it out to Miller this past weekend ? Was it wet out there?

I was going to come out and watch but thought it was probably pretty nasty out there.

We need some good supermoto spots here in SLC.... Anyone have a favorite run close to town? If such a thing exists that is?....

sxv801 -
    SXV 450 2007

Quote Originally Posted by sxv801 View Post
    Anybody make it out to Miller this past weekend ? Was it wet out there?

I was going to come out and watch but thought it was probably pretty nasty out there.

We need some good supermoto spots here in SLC.... Anyone have a favorite run close to town? If such a thing exists that is?....

sxv801 -
    SXV 450 2007
    i dont usually ride down that way but would be willing to travel if ya find something good.... post up if you do

I was supposed to go to Miller on Friday but just couldn't justify spending a bill to ride in the rain...

any body in the roy ogden area wanna ride friday? i dont really care where either... pineview, gsl, etc...

May be doable, depends on the weather between now and then. I've got stuff to get taken care of before Saturday that I need good weather for. BTW, I live in Layton so it wouldn't take a whole lot of planning...

Hello phonebem2!

With Metal Supermang in Roy, me in Clinton, and you in Layton.....we need to get our crap together and go run the canyons more often in the evenings. I'm going to be "out of pocket" for a few days , but will try to set up a ride when I am once again available to go riding.

If anyone else is in the Ogden area Metal Supermang and I are planning a ride sometime. If you want info send me a PM w contact info and I'll let you know when and where.

I up in PC, I would be down to do a ride sometime!
    KTM 625 SM
    Mazdaspeed 3

Quote Originally Posted by PCSpeed3 View Post
    I up in PC, I would be down to do a ride sometime!
    that would be cool if we could all meet up for some quality hooligan time ha ha, if we get out that way we'll hit you up, yesterday me and phonebem2 had a good ride up around snowbasin and the ogden pass, with a minor set back .... hopefully we can meet up with ya soon

Hooliganism? Sh*t downtown is great. South Temple, turn up "A" street and jump over 1st Ave. The avenues have all sorts of fun kickers and tight roads. Up near the Capitol as well. For longer rides, Mirror Lake Highway is open now. Also, if you take Emigration Canyon up and then connect onto East Canyon, that is a really fun run up to the lake (not the East Canyon Reservoir). That one is close to the city and a little longer enjoyment.
    2006 KTM 450 SMR
    Thanks for the help!
    Munn: Munn Racing, Cycra: Cycra Plastics, Reno Motorsports, Motorex: Motorex, Oil of Switzerland, Tekbolt: Tekbolt, Powersport Grafx: Powersport Grafx, Stealth Racing Technologies: Stealth , G2 Ergonomics: G2, Bullet Proof Designs: BPD and Michelin tires: Michelin!

/\ Yeah I recently went to a car meet and we went up east canyon over past Rockport and to Morgan. It was a good drive but would be a hundred times better on a bike. I still have to get my motorcycle license before I can go on any real rides haha. Those natural jumps in downtown sound like a blast. I will have to go check them out sometime.
    KTM 625 SM
    Mazdaspeed 3

I love the ride from East Canyon over to Emmigration. On my ride with Metal Supermang I got to find-out the B-Stone BT016's back-in pretty well on roundabouts...

Quote Originally Posted by phonebem2 View Post
    I love the ride from East Canyon over to Emmigration. On my ride with Metal Supermang I got to find-out the B-Stone BT016's back-in pretty well on roundabouts...
    yeah i'll say, ... gotta love brakin way late.... 'dem bitches were screamin

Would love to go riding some time.. Been lurking on the site for a long time now. I ride an 05 Husky 510 smr, live in Draper.. PM me if you get something going..

Default Saw an Aprilla

I saw an Aprilla out in front of NewGate Honda last weekend? Any one know who it is? Anyways lets get a ride together soon. Maybe Bear Lake? Anyone one interested?

I live right at the base of emigration canyon and I ride up that canyon a few times a week. It is an incredible ride. Anybody ever want to go let me know.
    2008 WR 250X - Blacked out , Pro Taper bars, Custom gel seat
    2006 Hummer H3 - Lifted, Adventure Package, 35" Toyo MT's

Quote Originally Posted by softballer View Post
    Would love to go riding some time.. Been lurking on the site for a long time now. I ride an 05 Husky 510 smr, live in Draper.. PM me if you get something going..
    Do you by chance work on base? I think I may have seen your bike.

For the guys in the Ogden area, (or anyone else who would want to make the trip) I was thinking about making a run over the Divide and up Old 'Basin tomorrow night. If I get the chance to talk to him before then, I have a neighbor with a new WRX who might be along too. PM me with contact info if your interested. Derek, you're already on the list of contacts.

Sounds like a great time. I hope you dont get wet tomorrow. What time are you planning on leaving? I live in SLC but might come up if the weather holds out.

For the guys in the Ogden area, (or anyone else who would want to make the trip) I was thinking about making a run over the Divide and up Old 'Basin tomorrow night. If I get the chance to talk to him before then, I have a neighbor with a new WRX who might be along too. PM me with contact info if your interested. Derek, you're already on the list of contacts.
    yeah thats a good route to hit... i'd love to, but got school.... hopefully i'll make it next time... plus i need new tires

Quote Originally Posted by racer187x View Post
    Hooliganism? Sh*t downtown is great. South Temple, turn up "A" street and jump over 1st Ave. The avenues have all sorts of fun kickers and tight roads...
    That sounds like fun, I might have to go up to SLC!
    Its all about the Kustom!
    www.magiksc.com
    10 YZ 450F
    08 SM 450R- Building it my way
    Like our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magik...s/132906563520

yeah thats a good route to hit... i'd love to, but got school.... hopefully i'll make it next time... plus i need new tires
    I thought you had school, oh well there will be others. By the way, on the tire thing... Yeah yours have definitely seen better days...

Quote Originally Posted by JLUNDY View Post
    Sounds like a great time. I hope you dont get wet tomorrow. What time are you planning on leaving? I live in SLC but might come up if the weather holds out.
    I really haven't decided yet, it kind of depends on if and who responds along with the weather. I'm thinking we probably won't be meeting any earlier than about 5 since I want to do a quick oil change before heading out too.

Well for those of you who haven't looked outside the weather forcast of fair-to-partly-suck with increasing suckyness is coming true. We'll have to try again sometime, maybe next week.

Well for those of you who haven't looked outside the weather forcast of fair-to-partly-suck with increasing suckyness is coming true. We'll have to try again sometime, maybe next week.
    It was an incredible storm today. Glad nobody was out in it. Next week definately looks much better. Keep us all posted

Yeah, I got to ride home in it... At least now I know my rain liner in my jacket works and the Rain-X on my face shield works.

FYI for anyone who usually does the Mt. Green-Trapper's-Pineview Loop, in addition to the construction on 84 they are currently tar and chipping the road from the exit to Trapper's... FUN! I can't tell you how much fun it is getting pelted by tar-covered gravel while trying desperately to keep from losing your front end.
    Last edited by phonebem2; 07-06-2009 at 12:45 PM.

FYI for anyone who usually does the Mt. Green-Trapper's-Pineview Loop, in addition to the construction on 84 they are currently tar and chipping the road from the exit to Trapper's... FUN! I can't tell you how much fun it is getting pelted by tar-covered gravel while trying desperately to keep from losing your front end.
    OUCH that sounds like a terrible ride . Hope your next ride is better. Thanks for the heads up.

Now for an update to my post about UDOT "fixing" roads, I went for a ride Friday with some friends (we had the day off) only to find UDOT has been kind enough to not only tar and chip the road from the Mt Green Exit to Trapper's, but also most of Trapper's Loop as well as a good part of the east side of North Ogden Divide... Thank God they haven't done anything to Monte Cristo Rd and Old Snowbasin... Yet...

Now for an update to my post about UDOT "fixing" roads, I went for a ride Friday with some friends (we had the day off) only to find UDOT has been kind enough to not only tar and chip the road from the Mt Green Exit to Trapper's, but also most of Trapper's Loop as well as a good part of the east side of North Ogden Divide... Thank God they haven't done anything to Monte Cristo Rd and Old Snowbasin... Yet...
    As long as they stay away from Old Basin and Monte. I rode to Bear Lake and stayed this last weekend and all I can say is we need to get everyone that is local together and make a ride of it. It was way fun. Logan canyon had the most fun I have had this summer. If your interested let me know and we will set something up.

We went over Monte Cristo and through Woodruff. The whole ride back from the top of Monte we must have averaged 80-85 and didn't have a single car in our lane until after Causey. I'd agree that ride is a must for the Sumo group. I have to admit though, the WRX was hating life trying to keep-up with a Super Duke and a Tuono coming back, they'd hit 140+ and it was all the WRX could do to hit 103 indicated...
    Last edited by phonebem2; 07-14-2009 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derekm26 View Post
    As long as they stay away from Old Basin and Monte. I rode to Bear Lake and stayed this last weekend and all I can say is we need to get everyone that is local together and make a ride of it. It was way fun. Logan canyon had the most fun I have had this summer. If your interested let me know and we will set something up.
    I am interested. I live in SLC but could get my bike to Logan and start the ride from there. Problem is I am out of town on business for a few weeks. Ride sounds great though.

OK its almost Friday again and that means time to try another ride. Since UDOT has effectively ruined Trappers and N. Ogden, I was thinking about an East Canyon run... Possibly over the mountain to the top of Emmigration. Who's interested?
    "Losing a race is no reason to cry, son. The fact that Daddy doesn't like you anymore is a pretty good reason though." (Quote from Avatar)

Hi. local roy motarder here. lookin for others to ride with and learn a few things. me and my buddy like to get out as much as we can. i ride a Drz and my buddy has a naked sv650... doing some wiring on the bike now but maybe up for a ride tonight

Hey guys im looking for a cdi box for my 04 DRZ 400 locally so i can get my bike goin today. cant really wait for one to ship as i need to take care of a fix-it ticket ASAP lol

P.S. it has a wiring harness from an 05+ SM
    Last edited by J.R.; 07-19-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JLUNDY View Post
    I am interested. I live in SLC but could get my bike to Logan and start the ride from there. Problem is I am out of town on business for a few weeks. Ride sounds great though.
    Just let me know when you are back. We can put something together. PM me your info and anyone else that is interested and we will make it happen.
    Derek

Derek. I found that little parking lot jump. pretty bitchin' little spot. there's some good stairs around there too. just need to run em without getting stopped by the cops.

BTW the skate wheels worked great, Thanks

Anyone ever been to the freeport center in layton? Its a big industrial park.. I went through there today. It looks like a fun place to mess around. wonder if the place empties out at all in the evening

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    Derek. I found that little parking lot jump. pretty bitchin' little spot. there's some good stairs around there too. just need to run em without getting stopped by the cops.

BTW the skate wheels worked great, Thanks
    No problem man. You know where to find them now. We need to go on a ride soon for sure and that little jump is fun to mess around on but you have to bail quick with where its at.

Have the cops given you trouble around there?

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    Have the cops given you trouble around there?
    Not recently. That jump is just right off that road and cops are always on that road. Hey look at it this way if they do come you can always just bail through the parkinglot and down those back roads. Poof you're gone.

Very true. anyone up for a ride later today?