Here's what it looks like now, with 2085 miles on the odometer:
Here is the history of mods, with links to more details wherever possible:
6/12/08- WR250X purchased from Motor City Power Sports6/18/08
- removed all stickers and reflectors
- cut front fender ~4.5 inches shorter, Mil style.6/25/08
- stiffened up suspension settings a bit
- removed airbox flapper, hoses, etc; "flapper mod"7/4/08
- removed, then modified and replaced the spark arrestor
- "Plan B" axle sliders
- painted white side panels matte black; Krylon spray can, "formulated for plastics". Liked the look but not very durable.7/8/08
- DR "Edge" tail light, Flasher Type 602, and IC relay, all from http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/. Here's the installation thread. Note: torque the fork pinch bolts to 16 ft-lbs (192 in-lbs)7/9/08- Added fuel by biasing temp sensor input; added 5k resistor pot inline with sensor, like MPFab did.7/10/08- further cut and flanged the spark arrestor7/17/08
- removed the airbox door- removed radiator front deflector plastics7/20/08
- Chopped / removed airbox ! Gettin' more serious, now.- EXUP servo removed, 10k resistor installed between black/red and the white/red wires. (prevents fault code). This resistor physicaly broke in half later, and I replaced with 10K + 22k in parallel = ~7.5k7/26/08
- removed the Air Induction System.
- removed the kickstand switch. spliced the two wires together (= stand is up)- installed dynojet powercommander PCIII USB PN 432-4117/30/08
- Bobbed the tank shroud plastics !!! (TT version.) Now we're gettin' somewhere!- Mirrors: cheapo crg knock-offs. $49/pair, and they feel like it.8/2/08- fmf powercore # 044270 (100dB, stock=88dB @ 5k). Drilled out the spot weld to reuse the stock clamp, high temp rtv silicone to seal at the header8/5/08
- fmf powerbomb header # 044269, direct from fmf
- wrapped exhaust with DEI 010121 2" black short roll from Amazon, like wkboardr.
- K&N air filter: # YA-3586
- uploaded wkboardr's PC3 map for Yosh pipe, airbox door removed, KN filter.
- fabbed a support bracket for the radiator.- remounted the horn down front above the regulator.8/22/08
- loaded "smoothed" version of wkboarder's map (TT version)- Installed Pro grip rally 737 grips, SKU#411508/31/08
- Moose Racing handguard protectors SKU# 68558
- SME bar end sliders $10 + 10 shipping. I mounted using the aluminum bar-end hardware that came with the mirrors, instead of the rubber hose.- removed front fender and mocked up front R6 hugger fender9/8/08
- Put in a little bracket to hold the headlight and left the stock fender off.- R6 front hugger fender installed ! Startin' to come together now...
- rear hugger
- headlight replacement
- 46T rear sprocket + new chain + speedhealer
- relocate the battery; lay it flat up higher under the seat
- maybe clean up / reduce the wiring this winter.
- modify the seat
- clean up some rough edges