Thread: Kick stand problems KTM

Default Kick stand problems KTM

I have a KTM 525 MXC with SM 17" wheels. I do not trust the way the bike layed on the stand MX wheels. Now with 17" wheels it stands pretty straight. What is my best option? Do I get a stand and cut it to length needed or is there a specific part # I need to order?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    BW 200, BW 80, Polaris 50, JR 50, Z50R, KTM 525 MXC 04 50sx, Raptor 80

trail tech makes a shorter one for SM setups on KTM's......
    - 02 KTM EXC 250 -tagged
    - 03 R1
    - 05 DRZSM
    - 99 CR250R

Have one of theese on my 525 and love it

http://trailtech.net/supermotard_kickstand_kits.html

I have heard one of the smaller KTM bike's stand will bolt up. I can't remember which one it is.
    I just got another OE kick stand for my bike, cut it 1.75" and welded a round foot on it.
    Works great no problems.

Good Luck !
    2007 KTM 525 EXC - supermoto & dirt duty
    - - - Marchesini wheels, F2racing 'powerback', Scotts, KTM 320 rotor, SicAss rear, sliders, fan, & other KTM bits
    2000 Ducati 996
    - - - Marchesini magnesium wheels, Brembo radial masters, Termi C/F, FBF stage II, Nichols flywheel, Brembo lightweight rotors & R calipers, Alum. clutch, Goodridge, Ohlins, Techtronics elec. shifter... the list goes on...

I heard the KTM's 105 standard fits right on a 08' and then the length is good for SuMo, not sure if that fits on a 525 though

cut it like the rest of us rednecks

I thought about cuting it, but did not know if it would still work when I put my mx setup back on.

But you say there is 1.75" diff in length. I may just cut it and get another stock one. Sounds great thanks for the info.

Buy another OE stock stand to cut for "supermoto trim" and save the stock one for when the bike is in "dirt trim"

here is a "hillbilly" way to measeure how much to cut off the kickstand..... (in supermoto trim and with the stock, too long kickstand still attached) lay a board on the ground (I used a 2x4). Roll the entire bike up onto the board and try the kickstand on the ground (not the board). For me it worked just right. Since the 2x4 is actually 1.75" thick I knew I needed to cut that much off my kickstand to make bike sit right.
    That is how I can up with 1.75" to cut off.

Kinda strange way but it worked for me.

Good Luck !
    2007 KTM 525 EXC - supermoto & dirt duty
    - - - Marchesini wheels, F2racing 'powerback', Scotts, KTM 320 rotor, SicAss rear, sliders, fan, & other KTM bits
    2000 Ducati 996
    - - - Marchesini magnesium wheels, Brembo radial masters, Termi C/F, FBF stage II, Nichols flywheel, Brembo lightweight rotors & R calipers, Alum. clutch, Goodridge, Ohlins, Techtronics elec. shifter... the list goes on...

I used a Ktm 105 stand and it works perfectly, bolted right up with no mods...

Hey that may be a "hillbilly" way to measure but down south it's how most of my engineering gets done and it has not let me down. Strangely enough I did not think of that. Thanks for that info now if I can just get myself to cut the stand I'll be in great shape.

or if your bike is a true dual sport its beat just turn off the gas
    so when it falls over you dont empty your tank
    i woke up 2 times this summer to see my yard brown and an empty tank

There is a kick stand range of motion limiting bolt right under left peg . Take it out. It will lean over a lot more with it gone.

Try that first.
    08 KTM 690 SM-R

"What do you mean by 'They dont import Dunlop Sportmax GPR Alpha 10s to the US!?'"

does the trailtech stand fit the 08 exc 450's? I'm in need of a solution but the website says 07 not 08 :(

Don't waste your money. Just put 17's on a 690E and a welder cut, welded and painted my stock kickstand for $20.

If you can't find a good welder, often a muffler shop will do it since they're often cutting and welding.