Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: honda xr400

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    106

    Default honda xr400

    what was the last year the xr 400 was made? thinking bout getting one for next year. put lota stuff in my little kx250f for a street tarder and just not happy with it for diff. reasons and would rather have a diff. ride for next year, and use my bike strictly for mx and supermoto racing. afraid i'm gonna blow through motors with mine now and always wanted an xr400 neways. been riding for 15 years and always rode kows and wanna c what the xr is all about, thanx

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    South East Aussie Coast
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Don't know about the US, but here in Oz Honda is still making the XR400 in motard form from the factory.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    87

    Default

    2004 is the last year the XR400 was available in the US. I'd recommend against it if you plan on racing it aggressively in either MX or supermoto. It just isn't designed to be a contender in either of those disciplines. Get a 450, they aren't much more expensive.

    The XR400 does however make an excellent trail bike and a pretty decent supermoto for a daily commuter/weekend ride. Reliability and the fun factor is still there, which is most important.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by net450r350x View Post
    2004 is the last year the XR400 was available in the US. I'd recommend against it if you plan on racing it aggressively in either MX or supermoto. It just isn't designed to be a contender in either of those disciplines. Get a 450, they aren't much more expensive.

    The XR400 does however make an excellent trail bike and a pretty decent supermoto for a daily commuter/weekend ride. Reliability and the fun factor is still there, which is most important.
    sorry didnt make it really clear, but am keeping my kaw250f cuzz its a new 08 strictly for mx and supermoto racing. i wanted the xr for a street,trail bike and just have 2 sets of rims for dirt and street.def. not be racing the xr by any means just for a hooligan street tarder

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Lindon, Utah
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishpost19 View Post
    Don't know about the US, but here in Oz Honda is still making the XR400 in motard form from the factory.

    Now if they would just make that in a XR650R engine format

    I might have to have my friend bring over for a tour of the states & leave it when he goes back
    Sponsers:Wasatch Tires/DUNLOP, OBSESSION-Moto Worx, Corporate Suspension, R2SL-It's for the Kids, Miller Motor Sports Park
    If you're not riding in the rain, then you're not riding
    http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/9449/911alb6.jpg

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Honda Italy sells a factory Xr650r motard.

    http://dallarahonda.com/xr650sm_new.htm


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Lindon, Utah
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gnomes321 View Post
    Honda Italy sells a factory Xr650r motard.

    http://dallarahonda.com/xr650sm_new.htm

    & a electric starter

    Not that a kick start XRR is hard to start

    Now, I'll have to talk to my Italian buddies that are coming out for WSB in May/June
    Sponsers:Wasatch Tires/DUNLOP, OBSESSION-Moto Worx, Corporate Suspension, R2SL-It's for the Kids, Miller Motor Sports Park
    If you're not riding in the rain, then you're not riding
    http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/9449/911alb6.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •