Thread: xr650r header/pipe

Question xr650r header/pipe

Hi all you Motards, Anyways I have a question what is a good hi-flowing header/pipe for the xr650r, Mine is uncorked,airbox vented etc, Hotcam stage 1 but will be installing a stage 2.I am converting my beast into a motard winter project.How is the XR`s Only full race team edition model/ I wanted the Moriwaki exhaust but service Honda say theres no more available..Did you xr650r guys get a complete motard kit from Mototrane or how did you go about your building project?? Thanks in advance

Xr's Only Has A Nice Pipe I Dont Have One But Know Some1 Who Does And It Would Be A Good Choice

1. Sell me your old Stage1 cam!

2. I have the XRs Only exhaust setup and it seems pretty good (was on the bike when I bought it). The header is a beaut- smooth bends, big tubes. The can itself is only OK IMO; but mine is the non-stainless version and is getting some surface rust on it. I do have the 12 plate power tip, and that's kind of a cool feature.

3. I got an Excel rim/Rad hub wheelset with cush drive through the store at ThumperTalk; good price, but the front offset was a little off. Mounted my own tires (Avon Distanzias from SWMototires) and am using the EBC big brake rotor/caliper relocator.

4. Oh yeah- sell me your old cam

FMF TI worked well for mine....loud pipes save lives..I'm going out to save some lives...

Fmf +1

Two Brothers makes a wicked setup, i got one on my piggy,
    Real Men Ride 4 Strokes, and Always Have.

2001 Just Barely Streetlegal XR650
    1994 Kinda Legal XR600
    1983 XR500R
    1982 XR500R

i put the fmf ti-4 muffler and mid pipe on my 650r and noticed better mid to top with better throttle response. its not at all raspy, its kinda load but barks hard i love it. its actuallu not too much louder than when i had the hrc tip in my stock muffler.

wanna hear an xr's only pipe?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ACRPs_D-k68
    i like it because there isnt any popping like ive herd on some other's

its the whole system, header to can.

and its quieter in the video. now its ALOT louder and i dont mind *lost some packing*
    very authoritative sound.

I have a FMF on my supermoto race bike as well but its not the best for peak horsepower

for that look at the Big Gun system-probably one of the best out for that