Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 610 mod database (relevant posts only)

just for looks then eigh? hahah they aresick!!!
    -Jon
    Dirtyhucker Photography Website CLICKY HERE!!
    Facebook/dirtyhuckerphoto

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyhucker View Post
    just for looks then eigh? hahah they aresick!!!
    Mainly for looks, but the rear is a 5" rim, so I get more rubber on the road with a 160 tire. Also, having a spare set of wheels gives me a little more flexibility on choice of tires I choose to run depending on conditions.

hey guys, while waiting for paint to dry i got a little antsy and trimmed some more plastic goodies on my bike...

go look at yours and youll see the diffrence.

i also got a new chainguide setup for a little experimentation...

just a little paint and imagination, see how different it looks now? I would like to powdercoat the swingarm and frame soon as well, grey looks cheap after 5k miles. and being bashed on the bike stand.
    -Jon

Default consider it done!

-Jon

does anyone have pics about the smog removal?
    Nuno Alexandre
    2009 husky 530RR (the best bike ever made)
    2008 ktm duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by alexnunm View Post
    does anyone have pics about the smog removal?
    I've posted Speedzilla's SM610 mega thread for you a couple of times....I see you have not read it yet since you keep posting the same emission removal questions. So, since you don't want to read the most comprehensive guide to everything that is the SM 610, I have your answer......

"Originally Posted by Dave
    Dukepilot, have you removed the emisssions junk yet?

Yup, it's history. Pretty easy to do.

Disconnect the carb vent lines/fuel lines and remove the tank and the headlight unit.
    Take a look at what goes where... where the hoses go.
    Remove the manifold that is zip tied by the ignition switch
    Remove the small cannister attached to the lower triple
    Disconnect the hoses that connect to the pink carb vent lines and reroute the vent hoses
    Disconnect the hose from the nipple on the intake side of the head, near the carb boot and plug it up with an automotive vacuum plug
    Remove the large cannister and attached hoses.
    Install one of those little aluminum no spill fuel vent fittings to the top fuel vent nipple on the tank.
    Reinstall the tank and headlight and you're good to go. Don't forget to plug the nipple on the side of the head. It is a vacuum line and will suck air otherwise.
    I routed the top carb vent lines to a location under the seat and used one of the left over T fittings to connect the lower carb vent hoses (not the carb bowl drain line) and installed a filter and one way valve to keep shit out of the carb. Also rerouted the crankcase vent from the airbox, plugged the hole left in the airbox and capped of the vent hose with a K and N vent filter. Took about 30 minutes to do in total"

Your's may not have all the smog/emission equipment on it since it is not a North American model & since we in the States have not received any EFI models as of today, I'm not sure if it does either. GL
    2006 Husqvarna SM610
    2007 KTM XC-W 400
    2001 Honda GL1800
    1980 Yamaha SR500
    1972 Kawasaki G4TR "Trail Boss"

thanks a lot man i will see how it works on the FI.
    Nuno Alexandre
    2009 husky 530RR (the best bike ever made)
    2008 ktm duke 690

hehe , if I have not mistaken EFI 610 has no such smog stuff =))

Quote Originally Posted by Roma View Post
    hehe , if I have not mistaken EFI 610 has no such smog stuff =))

Hee-Hee....Neither does mine. Jetted right & runnin' great!!!
    2006 Husqvarna SM610
    2007 KTM XC-W 400
    2001 Honda GL1800
    1980 Yamaha SR500
    1972 Kawasaki G4TR "Trail Boss"

I finally able to get a CRG lever mounted onto my SM610.
    '07 Husky SM 610

pardon me but wholly shit! thats nice, what dimensions (borexstroke) did you go with? better yet, whats the PN and price???
    -Jon

sweet, but it looks like you replaced more then just a lever, what master is that?

Looks great, but my stock front brake set up is more than enuf to flip me over "stoppie style."
    '96 Yamaha WR250
    '04 KTM 525 SMR
    '04 Yamaha YZ125
    '09 Honda XR650L

It took me 7 months to locate an 04-07 R1 front brake M/C. Same as 05-07 R6 Its factory brembo unit. Same one use on some Ducs. I found someone local who was parting out his track bike. Got it for $30. The brake reservoir is from the same bike. I used the rear brake reservoir. I just zip tied the reservoir to the throttle cable. Original was plenty stopping power. but i always wanted an aftermarket lever.
    '07 Husky SM 610

dude get your self a piece of flat 1/2' steel stock and drill two holes, one on either end, mount one end on your lever clamp and the other to your reservoir... zip ties... pfft what do you think youre riding, a 610??

my rear fender is held on by ziptes now... hahahaa
    -Jon

bah, steel=weight, lol I'm going to home depot to get some aluminum bar stock. It was late and i wanted to mount the M/C. With how it sits now. If the bike goes down. I don't have to worry about the reservoir breaking off.
    '07 Husky SM 610

Items for Sale

That is some good zip tie thinking. I would just leave it. It works, right?

Quote Originally Posted by modifiedmcs View Post
    It took me 7 months to locate an 04-07 R1 front brake M/C. Same as 05-07 R6 Its factory brembo unit. Same one use on some Ducs. I found someone local who was parting out his track bike. Got it for $30. The brake reservoir is from the same bike. I used the rear brake reservoir. I just zip tied the reservoir to the throttle cable. Original was plenty stopping power. but i always wanted an aftermarket lever.
    so the radial master is off a yami? R1 R6? I have been wanting to replace the levers/perches on my sm for some time so I can install some cool shorty levers. What did you do with your clutch if any?

Thanks in advance for your reply if you will.

hapamoto
    2006 HUSKY SM610

Default anyone try one yet

hey wondering if anyone as tried this on their x3 full system? I will let you know in a few if not!!

http://www.leovinceusa.com/fastbox/fastbox.php
    2006 HUSKY SM610

Quote Originally Posted by hapamoto View Post
    hey wondering if anyone as tried this on their x3 full system? I will let you know in a few if not!!

http://www.leovinceusa.com/fastbox/fastbox.php
    Not available yet per LV even though its listed on the LV website. No release date announced.
    Ducati HM-S, HVA SM610, HVA SM450R, HVA TE250, HVA CR125, CRF170, Buell XB9SX

Quote Originally Posted by dukepilot View Post
    Not available yet per LV even though its listed on the LV website. No release date announced.
    yea I just called LV and the darn epa and changes from the UK bikes changed the mapping of the ECU and now they are having to do some remapping of the unit. Well I guess I will have to wait.

Thanks for the head up!
    2006 HUSKY SM610

2004 and up R1 and R 6 uses the same brembo radial style M/C. I 'm using an '04 R1 M/C.

Quote Originally Posted by hapamoto View Post
    so the radial master is off a yami? R1 R6? I have been wanting to replace the levers/perches on my sm for some time so I can install some cool shorty levers. What did you do with your clutch if any?

Thanks in advance for your reply if you will.

hapamoto
    '07 Husky SM 610

Does anyone know what is necessary to change the tank to a tank of a 570?

easy roma--- here ya go..
    heres alot of reading but all are EXCELLENT threads to get tons of idas.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=36731 <---Jetting
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=40632 <--- service indicator lights
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=36135 <--- swingarm chain slider
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=35232 <--- more jetting
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=39473 <--- anyone care to challenge the topic? please do!
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=37118 <--- mods of all sorts
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=42241 <--- torque settings
    im just going to bump this post for the new 610 guys...
    -Jon

Good idea DH.

Here's how to liberate your stock can of its stooopid sound baffles and cats

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=52974
    -Derek
    Plated Scoots: '01 FS650 // ''97 CR500SM // '06 YZ250 // '98 RM250 // '86 XR250
    Boring Street Bikes: '98 Ducati M900 // '07 XB12SCG

Nice job Snarf. You made the job sound pretty simple. What did you use to secure the end caps back on? What's your jetting like now with the exhaust opened up? Thanks for the info.

I just used another set of blind rivets, and a rivet gun to pop them in place. As for jetting, i haven't touched it yet, but am planning on ordering a JD kit on Monday, as well as doing the AP mod this afternoon. I'll report back afterwards with how things went.
    -Derek

Thought it worth adding to this thread.

4300-4800rpm stutter completely cured and decel pop almost comletely cured by the iridium plug.

Not sure if that's simply because it's a nice new, clean plug, or the fact that it's a different spec. Will see further down the track, I guess.

I bought this bike with 2000km on it. I put 1000km on it before changing the muffler, and another 2000km since. At 5000 km the original plug showed the bike to be running slightly rich.

The iridium plug and Barrett end can are the only engine mods I've made. Jetting and air filter are stock, and fuel screw is in stock position.

Power wheelies in second will flip the bike if I really try. Powers up with a little bump or throttle chop in third, or clutches up fairly easily.
    Edit/Delete Message

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf View Post
    I just used another set of blind rivets, and a rivet gun to pop them in place. As for jetting, i haven't touched it yet, but am planning on ordering a JD kit on Monday, as well as doing the AP mod this afternoon. I'll report back afterwards with how things went.
    Well, after messing around with a few different settings, here is the best setup I have found for my mods, temp [50F or below] and alt [central KY]

Stock needle in the 5th slot [4th is stock]
    178 main
    stock pilot [50]
    AP mod, using an oring froman oring chain masterlink

The bike runs pretty darn good now.. although i wonder if I need to go richer with the main, the bike seems to just wind off a bit int he higher revs.. granted thats in 5th and 6th gear, nothign gonna pull ral hard there, but, i digress.

The bike is still doing the ever so slight pop around 4500 so many of us talk about. Next up on the mods list is an iridium plug, and messing with disconnecting the TPS

After that, im gonna convert the stock can to a true straight through setup with a perforated core. A it stands right now, its just a big open chamer, and its prolly got tons of turbulence.. theres prolly a lil more power up top in there if I let the exhaust escape smoothly..
    -Derek

Just a little update- I disconnected the TPS, and switched to the iridium NGK plug [CR8EIX], and the 4500=ish hiccup/stutter is completely gone.
    -Derek

Mounted a 7S battery this weekend. Quite a bit smaller than the stocker or standard replacement.

Glued rubber to the floor of the tray and made two aluminum brackets, one for each side. Bend the top over to accomodate the rubber retention strap. Riveted the brackets onto the tray.

Glued two 1" rubber stoppers together then cut to fit the distance between the fender and the battery. Drilled a small hole through the fender and the stoppers. Rubber cemented the base of the stopper to the fender and scewed the stopper in place using a sheet metal screw (use a fender washer under the screw head to prevent fatique).

Use the stock retention strap side to side.

Use the tool retention band for where the old strap went.

Battery won't go anywhere, terminals are nowhere near the subframe. Ground strap and power take off won't chafe. Don't need any foam.

NoPoz

Wow, i just read though all these mods and i don't know which one i wanna do first. Thanks everyone for all the great ideas!!!!
    -Sm610
    -Yz450
    -Bobcat753
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anyone have any more info/pics on the airbox mod. I already gutted it out, I am ordering the 3190 tonight but was wondering how people were mounting the side panels back on.

Thanks

Looks like a tight fit, i hope it works.
    -Sm610
    -Yz450
    -Bobcat753
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Jon

Sweet thanks hucker, so you are just running with outer cover only and remounted the brake reservoir. I cannot wait.
    -Sm610
    -Yz450
    -Bobcat753
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

All you have to do is cut the box off just inside the cover bolts that way you can still bolt the left over part of the box onto the mounting bolts and then bolt the cover back on to the left over box. Hope that makes sense?

Or you could just do this mod!
    2006 HUSKY SM610

Hell yea that is a sweet mod!!!!

Yea i was trying to figure a way to do it without destroying the stock airbox, with the gains everyone reports from the mod i guess i will just have to commit, Thanks for you help.
    -Sm610
    -Yz450
    -Bobcat753
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK Hapamoto, give it up!

Show some more pics and give details, that looks pretty cool and I guess you
    avoided the mangling of the 3190 model against the frame, huh?

its a joke...
    -Jon

its a joke...
    I knew that.

Not sure how much if any performance I gained from doing this since I did the air box, filter, plug and rejet all at the same time, but it seems like it should help something????? this is the intake side of the carb. If you look at your is will have casting marks and square edges!
    2006 HUSKY SM610

My latest projects....

That exhaust is gorgeous, more pics please.

Nice!
    -Sm610
    -Yz450
    -Bobcat753
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gotta like the sound of that air box mod!! sounds like a bird chriping almost
    2006 HUSKY SM610

This is stock version GPR HU.15 GPE

I didn`t like these big carbon plates and increased angle of the exhaust a little bit to fit under the left cover.

Not good for big plates...

Input and output dB eater. The input eater (left one) should be removed for optimum performance.

Ne, schau mal einer an. Der Eberhard !

Jepp , die Jungs hier sind recht experimentierfreudig - hab schon manch gute Anregung bekommen.

Gruß,
    Eberhard sorry for this german crap

awwwwww man!!! yeah i agree with what he said... definatly a nice pipe ya got there...
    -Jon