Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 610 mod database (relevant posts only)

hey - can anybody answer me? In Russia there are few husky's and I have no hope to find anything about it's modding there.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma View Post
    please tell me in details about 610sm'07 modding(especially about the engine tuning) or give references . There may be similar topics but I don't know english well - and it's difficult for me to find the right information. I mean I ask u to bring together this information.
    The great question os to explain the jetting process of the IE engine of 07' husky's
    Thanks.
    easy roma--- here ya go..
    heres alot of reading but all are EXCELLENT threads to get tons of idas.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=36731 <---Jetting
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=40632 <--- service indicator lights
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=36135 <--- swingarm chain slider
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=35232 <--- more jetting
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=39473 <--- anyone care to challenge the topic? please do!
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=37118 <--- mods of all sorts
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=42241 <--- torque settings
    -Jon
    Dirtyhucker Photography Website CLICKY HERE!!
    Facebook/dirtyhuckerphoto

mmmmmmm no carb no tuning? =)) i have Fu*****Injection

Thats what i thought you had but i gave you the benefit of the doubt ....

ANYWAY....... for those who want to know everything possible about the 06/07 CARB'd 610 te or sm here is the shop manual... want to rebuild your entire bike from the ground up? well you can if you know how to follow directions....

http://www.savefile.com/files/332161 <--- its compressed to .zip so you will have to unzip the file to .PDF
    -Jon

EFI tuning is prolly a way out for you guys, i cant think of anyone who makes the software or the box to re-program the FI bikes.
    -Jon

and of course i have no chance to re-program it there,in russia....
    ...but I am going to install the radial lever-it will be my super upgrade =)) i've asked about it in the other topic - but there's no answer...

Is your bike a mikuni fuel injection? You might be able to adapt a power commander type thing off a Honda/suzuki if its a mikuni fuel injection??

Quote Originally Posted by Roma View Post
    mmmmmmm no carb no tuning? =)) i have Fu*****Injection
    '07 Husky SM 610

1)if I'm not mistaken- it's mikuni....but I think that this mod will cost too much and don't make my husky run much greater....

2) I've read some topics and saw that the stock carb husky can be easily bounched up on the 4th gear(topic about wheelies) I can do it only on the 2nd and then shift to 3,4 on my IE 610, it may be bounched on the 3rd- but it's rather hard. So I think that the stock carb husky runs better...=( wtf.

the fuel injection was made for emissions standards not performance... now look at the mx 450's coming out with FI and they are rip snortin fire breathing machines that put shame to their previous carb'd models...so as the engine stands for the 610 it will not benefit anymore than what we have done currently with the carb'd models we have here in the states.

I really want to burn mine up so i can have an excuse to unlock the full potential of the engine and throw reliability out the window... I am talking full machine work of the head, up compression, grind the crank to exacting specs (through trial and error of course) and see what it is capable of... i would lke to research the NOx engine a bit more first but i think it can be done...

all motor, no turbos, no nitrous.

ill probably do it when i have another bike to ride that i find as enjoyable as my 610 is now...
    -Jon

I wonder if anyone had tried using extrude honing process for the intake and exhaust runners on the head. My friend sweared by it when he had his single cam SI motor.
    '07 Husky SM 610

Quote Originally Posted by modifiedmcs View Post
    I wonder if anyone had tried using extrude honing process for the intake and exhaust runners on the head. My friend sweared by it when he had his single cam SI motor.

please do explain? whats the process? Is it an easier way than porting and smoothing?
    -Jon

most recent mod... pro tapers new front indicators, and check out the clock....better yet where the ignition is! I dont know about you all but It was a bitch to turn the key due to the position of the inginition. next tear down is the K&N, and rejetting.

Attachment 32612

Attachment 32613

Attachment 32614

Attachment 32615
    2006 HUSKY SM610

dude, the ignition move.... ingenious! i hate where the stock location is... especially when youre runnin handguards and diffrent mirrors... wow, good work!

and just when you think you have seen it all...POW hapa makes it happen!
    -Jon

very nice hapamoto,
    very nice....

Nice job on the new ignition location, what bar clamps are those for your fattys.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosedog View Post
    Nice job on the new ignition location, what bar clamps are those for your fattys.

Thanks all for the compliments! They are some off brand I got a cycle gear. I will check the brand and get back to you. BTW I had to drill out the speedo bracket and the unders side washers a bit to accept the new mounting bolts but it seems to work. We will see if the bars fall off today?
    2006 HUSKY SM610

The bar clamps were by TAG metals brand.
    2006 HUSKY SM610

Default In case this happens to you.

My recent little get-off not only bent my bars and foot-peg hanger, it also broke off the toe piece on the rear brake lever but left the lever in good shape.

Since you can't get just the toe piece and have to buy the whole lever I tried a Mcguyver fix and I think it's gonna work.

This little gem is all of $2 at Lowes and is meant for inserting a machine bolt into something wooden. I put a 3/8 bolt in with some red loctite and she's fixed. Kinda looks cool too I think.

WOW SLICK!

man youve kept lowes hardware section in business by the things you have come up with!
    -Jon

looks like some knurly grip on that shifter. Let me know if you find some good aftermarket parts to replace you hooligan damaged ones.
    2006 HUSKY SM610

They force some abrasive media thru the ports to increase the opening and smooth out the intake and exhaust track. My friend swear by it. I never tried it.

http://www.extrudehone.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyhucker View Post
    please do explain? whats the process? Is it an easier way than porting and smoothing?
    '07 Husky SM 610

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156431
    Husqvarna TE/SM-610 Index Thread

Here is the Index thread I created on Advrider.

Dan

ladies and gentleman...legendary buffalodan... thanks bud i forgot about that one!
    -Jon

They force some abrasive media thru the ports to increase the opening and smooth out the intake and exhaust track. My friend swear by it. I never tried it.

http://www.extrudehone.com/
    Its an interesting concept and been around for a long time for 2 strokes.......but does it damage the 4 strokes valve seats?
    www.MotoHose.com
    Don't bring a gun to a snowball fight!

Default finally did the rejet and K&N then some

Saturday afternoon I decided to to my rejet and filter. I also smoothed out the intake side of the carb. I you have not looked at yours it is rough and has square edges.(mine no more) What a difference though third gear wheelies with no clutch! Smoother take offs and more top end.[ATTACH]Attachment 33285[/ATTACH]

I also ground of one of the stops on the air box side of the carb so I could angle the filter more and also ground the intake side of the carb with a slight angle to give it a better chance of fitting the K&N 1770 on with out crunching it all up.
    2006 HUSKY SM610

Did you notice the benefits from the intake filing before and after the K&N-gutted airbox mod or did you do both at the same time? I'm asking cause i did the K&N but not the filing, I will now though.

Thanks Hapa and great addition to the database.

Did you notice the benefits from the intake filing before and after the K&N-gutted airbox mod or did you do both at the same time? I'm asking cause i did the K&N but not the filing, I will now though.

Thanks Hapa and great addition to the database.
    No I did them at the same time so I could not tell what difference it made.

I used a bench belt sander (small one and a dremel tool).

let me know if you notice a difference when you do it???

Late
    2006 HUSKY SM610

yes goose, i am not a fan of dremeling out the inside of my carb but if it works out for you ill be down... my only specualtion is that you will only see better gas mileage and that will be minimal...

but thats just speculation... keep us posted!
    -Jon

I believe you have to get a the seat lapped in.

Quote Originally Posted by apa View Post
    Its an interesting concept and been around for a long time for 2 strokes.......but does it damage the 4 strokes valve seats?
    '07 Husky SM 610

Great job on the small battery conversion Goosedog! I wonder how the YTZ7S cranking power with a 30 degree cold motor and 20W50 oil will work out?

I went with the Yuasa YTZ14S since the stock Varta is known to short out on rough riding. It is lighter and smaller than stock but has a lot more cranking power than the little brother YTZ7S which would be marginal for the 610 motor on a cold day. I used 1" extra foam to pad out the mount since the battery is quite a bit shorter in height.

After all there is no kick starter and it has CCA 230 rating and 11.2 amp hrs
    size is 6" x 3.5" x 4.4" and weighs 8.6 lbs. Works great on my bike.
    2007 TE610 with mods:
    Carrozzeria 17" forged cush hub tubeless wheels & quick swap to stock wheels, IMS 5 Gallon with foam, Leo Vince X3 muffler, Yuasa YTZ-14S, Utah skid plate, Scotts oil filter, Fastway pegs, Unabiker rad guards, 4.5" longer Barnett Clutch cable, Baja Tecate 75W HID and Halogen, Pro Taper bars, Cycra Pro Bend, Scotts sub mount Damper and bolt on post. JD jetting, adjustable fuel screw, Flexible DOT turn signals.

huh....injection husky sucks...=)) mine wheelie on the 3rd gear veeery hard with the clutch...
    stupid constructors=)))))

yes goose, i am not a fan of dremeling out the inside of my carb but if it works out for you ill be down... my only specualtion is that you will only see better gas mileage and that will be minimal...

but thats just speculation... keep us posted!
    Just make sure that you take the intake side of the carb off before you grind on it. If you have a good filter a good exhaust but a bad intake that disturbs the air and fuel mixture as it enters the combustion chamber then you have ruined the whole flow thing.
    2006 HUSKY SM610

Quote Originally Posted by hapamoto View Post
    Just make sure that you take the intake side of the carb off before you grind on it. If you have a good filter a good exhaust but a bad intake that disturbs the air and fuel mixture as it enters the combustion chamber then you have ruined the whole flow thing.
    well you are explaining the exact opposite of what i have... i have good flow going in but bad flow going out...k&n with stock exhaust...eh its ok though. Wish i had ...scratch that.... wish i could ride someones bike with all the mods done to actually see if there is a large diffrence from what i have to what i could have... and if its worth it. I find the first ride after a valve adjustment satisfying...couldnt imagine a whole new exhaust and re-jet and a smoothed out carb....whoooooo hahaha sounds good in theory!!

If you could measure the amount of material taken out... would the overall ID of the intake section be larger? or did you just smooth the rough edges? ill have to take mine apart to see how bad it is... i just never noticed.
    -Jon

Well I would gladly let you ride mine if you were around here. anyway this is why port and polishing is so big in engine building to stop the air and fuel from getting disrupted during the intake system...as well as porting and polishing the exaust. the faster in and out you can get the better performance.

each mod I do I notice a difference in performance.

well we better stick to the thread or goosedog will chew our asses out
    2006 HUSKY SM610

You could test ride my 610, if ya like. i have a LV slip on, stock air filter, rejetted. Just don't run into any chain.

well you are explaining the exact opposite of what i have... i have good flow going in but bad flow going out...k&n with stock exhaust...eh its ok though. Wish i had ...scratch that.... wish i could ride someones bike with all the mods done to actually see if there is a large diffrence from what i have to what i could have... and if its worth it. I find the first ride after a valve adjustment satisfying...couldnt imagine a whole new exhaust and re-jet and a smoothed out carb....whoooooo hahaha sounds good in theory!!

If you could measure the amount of material taken out... would the overall ID of the intake section be larger? or did you just smooth the rough edges? ill have to take mine apart to see how bad it is... i just never noticed.
    '07 Husky SM 610

hahaha chain... thanks guys for the offer and if i ever take a rip with ya i will def. take your offer...

i think the porting may only come in handy if its the head thats ported... i had my VW heads done and wow the flow alone kept the intake mans. cooler from the dual webbers than anything i have ever imagined...

ok enough from me... sorry goose..
    -Jon

You are both forgiven, now go forth and be a prosperous hooligan.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Unlimited View Post
    Great job on the small battery conversion Goosedog! I wonder how the YTZ7S cranking power with a 30 degree cold motor and 20W50 oil will work out?
    Well 2+ weeks idle at 30 F and it still cranked over better than the Varta and caught on the 2nd roll.

hahaha chain... thanks guys for the offer and if i ever take a rip with ya i will def. take your offer...

i think the porting may only come in handy if its the head thats ported... i had my VW heads done and wow the flow alone kept the intake mans. cooler from the dual webbers than anything i have ever imagined...

ok enough from me... sorry goose..
    ok enough from me... sorry goose ..again

that is i true if you port the head and intake exaust etc... but the quicker the air and fuel can get to the cylinder the better you are that is why they make the K&N and all the other intakes prior to the intake manifold.

any way I would like to know how the smoothing of the intake manifold to the carb goes and if it make a difference.

KT
    2006 HUSKY SM610

Here's a pretty cool idea. Rear end mod.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QsF3WLHV2uY&feature=related
    '07 Husky SM 610

i don't know, it reminds
    me of a women can't
    drive gag.

Yeah that's cool.
    2006 Suzuki DR-Z 400 S
    2007 Husqvarna SM610
    2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Default Latest Mods

Installed some new wheels on my trusty 610... Black Behr, 5" rear with Factory Pro Billet Hubs and Moto Master racing brake rotors. Also Flo Commander heat coated velocity stack with remote adjustable main air circuit for on the fly jetting adjustments. Works great!

Attachment 33971

Attachment 33972

Attachment 33973

Attachment 33974

Attachment 33975

that 610 is the shit!!!!!
    nice job duke!!!!

sweet bike man.
    06 husqvarna 610sm

what have you done to
    black out the lower part
    of your forks?

Quote Originally Posted by el tardo View Post
    what have you done to
    black out the lower part
    of your forks?
    Popped some carbon fiber sleeves over the forks to keep them from getting pitted. http://www.elineaccessories.com/shop...295&category=9

is there any weight difference in the wheels? Nice bike DOOOD!!
    -Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Well 2+ weeks idle at 30 F and it still cranked over better than the Varta and caught on the 2nd roll.
    I have the same battery on my tl1000, cranks fine...though I keep it on the battery tender.
    1997 TL1000s
    2010 690 Enduro R
    2013 500 Exc
    2008 530 Xcw (garage art)
    Various Ktm's/Honda's previously.

is there any weight difference in the wheels? Nice bike DOOOD!!
    Didn't bother to weigh them and compare to the stockers. Probably not much difference.