Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: 610 mod database (relevant posts only)

Quote Originally Posted by Grif6000 View Post
    There are no threads on the 08' husky except the very front. The Honda shield uses narrow hose clamps from the factory which makes it work on anything.

The exhaust shields are off a Honda 08' crf250. I had a spare laying around and
    purchased the second on eBay by searching for crf250 header pipe, bought the used
    assembly, kept the shield, and resold just the header pipe to get my money back. I suppose you could order the shields through a honda dealer also. The only modification is you will need to buy a larger diameter and narrower hose clamp to fit the bigger 610 exhaust, but I bought that on eBay also for $10. Other than that, it's a perfect setup you can locate anywhere on the pipe to suit your riding position.

Hope this helps.
    Indeed it does, thanks man.

I'm firing up eBay as I type

I'm firing up eBay as I type [/QUOTE]

Be sure to get the two mount brackets that come with each heat shield. That allows you to hose clamp the bracket to the pipe, then screw the shield to the bracket.
    Pat

Husqvarna TE/SM 610 08'
    CRf 250R 08'
    Harley Deuce 03'

Quote Originally Posted by Grif6000 View Post
    I'm firing up eBay as I type

Be sure to get the two mount brackets that come with each heat shield. That allows you to hose clamp the bracket to the pipe, then screw the shield to the bracket.[/QUOTE]

Cool, but all the examples I can find are from the USA with really high postage costs.
    Can't seem to find any in the UK.

I'll have to practice my Spanish and go shopping! (in Barcelona)

Default 610 flywheel puller

Found this laying around, thought one of you guys could use it. $25 plus shipping.

Hi all,

Does any1 here know if i could break down my 98' husky sm610 to a rolling chassis and chuck a different engine in it??? and if so what engine/engines will fit without too many adjustments??

thanks

So I bought the Driven shifter, since it said it fits all 4 stroke huskies and it did not fit my 2006 610sm...it was way to short.

I decided I'll mount the Driven tip to the original lever. I did need to drill out the lever a little, and used the original Husky spring.

I picked up some aluminum posts from a local hardware store (the kid of place that has all the stuff Home Depot doesn't) and the guy behind the counter knows everything about anything. The lever was a little loose on the Driven tip, so I made 3 spacers from a Teflon sheet I have laying around. I was afraid that the screw may come loose at some point so I put plenty of RED Loctite.

In order to remove the Driven tip from the driven shaft I filed away the bottom of the rivet. I wrapped the tip bottom face with electrical tape to protect it from scratches (it is the bottom face so you wont be able to see the scratches anyway, but I hate doing half ass stuff).

Last edited by xlink; 02-23-2012 at 10:08 PM.
    06 Husky 610 SM

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I need some help.

I've had my 06 610sm for about two years and other than changing the oil, I have not done much to it...for two years I put maybe 1000 miles (a shame really, bought it with 1,200 miles on the clock). This winter I decided I'd pretty it up a little, check valves, new tires, etc.

I pulled the tank, the airbox and this is what I see...I need feedback as I'm thinking this can't be right.

06 Husky 610 SM

Items for Sale

Yip, vent tubes routing is little bit wrong. Lower vent tubes must see downward in case for overflow. Upper tubes can left as it is.

Well, the worst part is that they were all badly pinched with a zip tie (see the lower zip tie on the first picture).

What is the definition of lower vs. upper vents? I'm buying one of those vent filters from Uptite.

Thanks, D.
    06 Husky 610 SM

Hey guys, do any of u guys noe whr can i get a coolent hose with decent pricing, i check out with samco its kinda pricey for a coolent hose.... Thankssss....

Anyone????

You could try Mishimoto and see if they make any, shy of that I think APA had talked about making them years ago but I don't think there was enough interest to make a run of them.
    British Columbia Canada , pillaging a village near you!

Wow, a flash from the past. Lurkerlou is back. Welcome back Lou. Good to hear from you!
    2008 Husqvarna SM610

I'm always lurking the Husky section even though I don't have my Husky anymore.

Don't hate me fellas I went Orange .......I drank the cool aid and it tasted great! Been sinking everything into my 450 race bike. Great to see this thread still alive and I always enjoy the updates and the amazing ingenuity 610 owners have .....and are forced to have with a total lack of aftermarket parts love.

Keep up the good work......and I try and help here if I can.

Ps sorry for the sidetrack back to the ingenuity.
    British Columbia Canada , pillaging a village near you!

I still cant find e aftermarket coolent hoses, any idea fellas???

This is what i´ve made out of my airbox...few more details and we are done!

Husqvarna SM 610 ´08

Parts for my husky finally came from Germany (cam chain, gaskets, hoses, spockets...) Those coves are painted in red colour with gold pearls. Under flash, they look like they are orange

Husqvarna SM 610 ´08

Hey i jux installed a full ti leo vince exhaust.... From what i know is that i need to put in a power up kit but there's another way of it by putting a 2.2kohm resistor in some place.... Those who have done this place help me in a step by step with pics about putting the 2.2k ohm resistor.... I have browse all pages but the pics are all not in...thanksss....

Check out this link, but the pics are gone.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...Injected-610SM

Here are some other pics to help

2008 Husqvarna SM610

Thanks circus, is there any other mods in e sm610 that i should know about????? Thankssss....

Quote Originally Posted by acak View Post
    Thanks circus, is there any other mods in e sm610 that i should know about????? Thankssss....
    What you really need is this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oxygen-o2-...item3a72268431

That other thing above is just a bodge job!

So twin fields have u tried this plug n wats e outcome???

Quote Originally Posted by acak View Post
    So twin fields have u tried this plug n wats e outcome???
    YES. I have had one fitted for all the time I've had my SM610. (All but a couple of weeks that is). The improvement is brilliant and a lot better than the standard fuel sapping, environmentalist's arse licking set up.

Throttle response is much, much better. it ticks over much smoother and more consistent. Until I fitted one of these oxygen sensor eliminators, I didn't realise how crap the standard factory fuel injected SM610 set up was.

Buy one. You will not regret it, believe me, I know!

I don't know what else you've done to yours, but I would also recommend getting rid of the catalytic converter equipped silencer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just got over e phone by my mech and he say he has e plug in store but then i have to get the screw cap on e mid pipe also which he say will cost me a big price just for the cap.... I just installed e full ti leo vince wit carbon endcap.... Im just left with e 02 sensor and pc5 and autotune for power, slipper clutch and coolant hoses.... So far all are easy to get except for e coolant hoses which i think is quite x for just e coolant hoses.... I jux wanna do the bike for track and commuting and also some fun rides....

And yah jux to check my neatural light is sometimes flickering.... Y????

My neutral light has been flickering most of the time for the last several thousand miles. The dealer could not find any issue and did not fix it.
    2008 Husqvarna SM610

From wat i read e flickering is due to e fuel pump but my fuel pump is kinda ok cos everytime i turn e key e fuel pump is making e normal noise but some of them say must check the fuse whether it is broken or not well mayb i jux bring e bike to e shop for a check up....

Default 610 Suspension settings

I'm looking for some advise on setting up the suspension on my 07 sm610. I feel like it's set up very soft right now. I'd like to stiffen it up some for the track. Any advise would be appreciated.

Markmc90, what is your weight with full gear? I'm ~220lbs with full gear and notice the same thing, but there's little you can do when the bike is not sprung for your weight...

Have you tried to set the sag? Search this forum and do it - if you can't set the sag right then you need new springs in the front and rear.
    06 Husky 610 SM

I'm only 155 lbs. without gear, so I do think it's sprung correctly for my weight.

So. this is what I did to mine this winter (it was bone stock):

Probend handguards - great fit without having to cut the lever balls, but you do have to drill the bars. I did have to flip and remount the turn signals.

BRP chain guide - it is built much better than the stock one.

BMP case saver - maybe an overkill but I like it.

SME sliders - front, back and bar ends.

41T rear sprocket - had to cut the chain by one link but now I can cruise at 80 mph in mid 6th.

Uptite skid plate - it is pricey but worth the money...it is a freaking piece of art and it fits like a glove.

Uptite carb vent filter.

Two universal DRC heat shields from Magic Racing - the upper tab on my stock heat shield broke and I had to do something. The two DRCs are nice but the bottom of the pipe was still exposed and the heal of my boot could have touched it, so I added the black exhaust wrap to that section only and solved the problem.

06 Husky 610 SM

marcmc90 - you should not be far off with the springs then. Set your sag and go from there. Obviously, a street bike is a compromise between track and trail, so if you want it really firm you'll have to change the springs.
    06 Husky 610 SM

Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by xlink View Post
    Two universal DRC heat shields from Magic Racing - the upper tab on my stock heat shield broke and I had to do something. The two DRCs are nice but the bottom of the pipe was still exposed and the heal of my boot could have touched it, so I added the black exhaust wrap to that section only and solved the problem.
    I'm really liking those two heat shields!
    06 husqvarna SMR510-Trashy Whore
    Honda 2005 CRF450 sumo track
    09 Husqvarna SM610-Classy Lady (sold)

Items for Sale

Default finally did my airbox

06 husqvarna SMR510-Trashy Whore
    Honda 2005 CRF450 sumo track
    09 Husqvarna SM610-Classy Lady (sold)

Since my exhaust melted my stock blinker, I decided to get better ones.

I got LP Racing stick-on ones (SKU 122-4540) for $10.41 per set (it was less than $30 shipped for both sets).
    http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/s...at=1813&page=1

You do have to drill the plastics to route the wires but I think they look pretty good.

06 Husky 610 SM

Default problems problems problems 610 husky sms

Quote Originally Posted by xlink View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I need some help.

I've had my 06 610sm for about two years and other than changing the oil, I have not done much to it...for two years I put maybe 1000 miles (a shame really, bought it with 1,200 miles on the clock). This winter I decided I'd pretty it up a little, check valves, new tires, etc.

I pulled the tank, the airbox and this is what I see...I need feedback as I'm thinking this can't be right.

petrol coming flying out airbox??? seems to be coming from cylinder head vent/breather pipe????? helpppppppppppppppp

Quote Originally Posted by Goosedog View Post
    Haven't posted any changes to my bike here in awhile and you may have seen this in my winter project thread but's worth making part of the database sticky I believe.

If you're going to change out your cam chain, which is inevitable, it's well worth your time to get some head work done since it's off anyway. On advisement I also changed out my exhaust valves because they're constructed of two pieces, SS and carbon steel, and can seperate at the worst possible monent once they have some hours on 'em. Now don't panic about the valves, it's just smart money if you're in there anyway.

Back to the head work. I took my head to a machine shop that specialized in motorcycle racing motors (in-line 4's mostly) to have the ports looked at for possible porting and polishing. His advice was that there's not much room for improvement there (Husky did a great job already) but having the valve seats properly cut would be smart. So for a mere $50 he dismantles the head, puts a 5 bevel multi degree cut on all 4 valves and seats and reassembles with new guide seals.

I wish I had dyno-ed the bike before and after because this simple mod woke up the mid range of this bike like I'd never imagined. 3rd gear power wheelies now are no problem and pulling through a corner while still in a high gear without downshifting is not only do-able but smoother than banging down too many gears and then hitting the rev limiter as you exit the turn.

So if you got the head off, go the extra $100 (valve seat cutting plus exhaust valves) and you won't be sorry.

Done exactly the same...
    my gasket got melted into head because of overheating so machine guy have done skimming and valve seats plus valves. Difference is huge !

A few people had asked me about part numbers.

BRP chain guide (black) from Hall's Cycles - (part #CGD-9220B)
    SM610 Billet Case Saver( 2006 07 08 09) from Bill's Motorcycle Plus)
    the handguards were from cycra.com
    1CYC-1115-12 Low Profile Enduro Handshields, Plastic: Black:
    1CYC-7500-12 Probend Bar Pack w/Black Enduro Handshields, (no clamps):
    1CYC-1151-02 U Clamp Set: Standard
    06 Husky 610 SM

Quote Originally Posted by huskySM610pimp View Post

And there she is again
    What headlight is this?
    2008 610 sm
    2005 cbr 600rr-sold

Anybody?

Im going the pod filter route. Ordered UNI filter #UP-4245AST. It has a 2.5" ID flange with a 15* angle, and is 4" in lenth and diameter. I also ordered a K&N dry charger part# RB-0900DK, should fit over the UNI filter pretty well.

2006 Suzuki Hayabusa Limited
    2008 Husqvarna SM610
    2010 Yamaha YZF-R1

Default stupid-assed gas cap key eliminated

Some have already figured it out, most haven't. So here's how to eliminate that stupid-assed second key for the gas cap, and still have everything factory.

Take the gas cap off. Duh. Press down on the inner hub on the end and pop the stainless pin out.

A small screwdriver or knife point works well to get the pin started loose. Once you have it pushed through, by pressing down on the hub you should be able to shake the pin the rest of the way out.

The spring is fairly stiff, so ease the hub up as easily as you can. Stuff shouldn't go flying across the shop, but in case they do, there are only three parts on this side of the cap: The hub, the spring, and the rotating lugs. Take the hub, spring, and lugs off, flip the key cover open and press the tumbler shaft out toward the top of the cap.

You'll see a row of tabs sticking out of the side of the tumbler shaft. Grind them off.

When you put the tumbler shaft back in the cap body, mind the o-ring that is likely to stay in the cap body, and mind the rubber seal around the key entry point.

Reassemble in the reverse order of disassembly. When lining up the hub to replace the pin, mind the position of the key slot relative to the lugs inside the cap. It can be reassembled 90 degrees off and it won't move, so it'll be pretty easy to tell if you did it wrong. If so, no problem, just pull the pin and reposition the tumbler shaft and hub.

Your gas cap will now open and close with the ignition key, a screwdriver, a knife point, whatever you want to stick in the key slot. BUT it will still look like it requires a key.

Happy frakkin' Christmas.
    08 TC450, 07 SM610
    93 WXC360, 84 CR250
    77 360WR, 76 360CR
    a GSXR, a YZ, a couple CBR's
    and a couple Harleys

Bloody brilliant thanks for that i'm getting on this ASAP

Default 2006-2009 610 front wheel side offset?

Guys I am building a new bike starting from an MY 2000 frame and parts from an MY2007. Please tell me if you have an side offset for the front wheel (it is the same distance both sides between fork legs and tire?). Something is not fitting well on my front end even though all the parts involved came from the same motorcycle. I shorten the spacer to put the tire in the middle of fork legs and I have too much pressure on disk brake so the wheel is turning pretty hard.

Default Husky 610 aluminum fuel cap production

Hello SMJ! im in the process of making a bunch of fuel caps for the 2006-2009 SM/TE610. my goal was to hit a few targets. first there has been more than a few members to complain of the leaky keyed stocker. second was to clean up the front of the fuel tank. get rid of the overflow/vent hoses. my opinion is that it just looks like an after thought. im a machinist and i enjoy making stuff for my bikes! it was a no-brainer for me to make a few for my bikes. im a member of cafehusky and ive generated some interest there. i wanted to pass this on to my fellow motoheads. please look at the thread on the cafe and message me for any info or if you have interest. http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/610...gas-cap.28848/
    thanks for looking!
    brj610@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimona View Post
    Guys I am building a new bike starting from an MY 2000 frame and parts from an MY2007. Please tell me if you have an side offset for the front wheel (it is the same distance both sides between fork legs and tire?). Something is not fitting well on my front end even though all the parts involved came from the same motorcycle. I shorten the spacer to put the tire in the middle of fork legs and I have too much pressure on disk brake so the wheel is turning pretty hard.
    I hope is not too difficult to check the distance between the tire and the fork legs. If the question is about rear tire I understand but is about front wheel and I was hoping help me find an proper setup.
    Thank you.

Default 06 Husky 610sm front pegs

What are some good alternative front footpegs for an ''06 610sm & will any other year or bike size foot pegs will fit it

Quote Originally Posted by DJAltimeter View Post
    What are some good alternative front footpegs for an ''06 610sm & will any other year or bike size foot pegs will fit it
    SM & TE 610 1999-2008 is proven.

Give this guys a call:

Www.raptortitanium.com
    Don't ask what I'm able to do..
    Just give me The Mission

Sorry to jack the thread but Im looking at a 08 te610 with under 6000 miles and was wondering how it does performance wise as far as top speed, wheelies, and maintenance. Also he is asking 5000, is that a good price? No sm wheels yet