Thread: Cleveland cyclewerks 450R

Default Cleveland cyclewerks 450R

Ill just leave this here

http://www.clevelandcyclewerks.com/b...-and-450x.html

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...QRbo2hb8zTGTDw

Hell For Leather will be doing a write up soon.. Supposed to be cheap

I can't load the google doc, but does it say who the partners are? CCW doesn't in their release. I can't help but wonder if maybe it's Hyosung or somebody like that. Either that or it's a Chinese firm. Looking forward to the HFL writeup and seeing (and maybe riding) one of these in person.

That front brake rotor sucks for the supermoto version.
    07 DR-Z400SM
    06 CRF 450R Supermoto
    04 CRF 450R

They use Lifan engines if I recall correctly. Not too bad if it is really cheap.

Well I guess the MSRP is 6k
    http://www.pitmotorsltd.com/pitl1_030.htm
    Not as cheap as I hoped

At that price I don't see who would buy it.

Items for Sale

Those look an awful lot like the faux Honda 450's that Christini uses/brands as their own.

I just pulled up a picture of a Honda 450x and the plastics and the frame are spot on Honda with the exception of the headlight and the engine side cover. I wonder how much of the motor is Honda aswell?

Wonder if it's one of these. http://www.asiawing.com/english/lx450x.html
    05 XR650R plated
    05WR450F plated
    06 TW200
    06 Buell Ulysses
    03 Aprilia Caponord

Ya, sure looks like

Quote Originally Posted by Baconpocket View Post
    Different headlight plastic and Cleveland left the mirrors off for the photoshoot.

So they are re-branding them and marking them up 100%..

WOW/

Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by PackFM View Post
    So they are re-branding them and marking them up 100%..

WOW/
    Dude, are you implying that the Cleveland Cycle Works decals are not worth a couple grand?

Quote Originally Posted by strafer View Post
    Minimum order is 5 'tho ... I'm guessing the full DOT legal SM is probably on their upper end of the spectrum @$3k.
    Asiawing says they will be selling them in the US, and it sounds like not just under the Cleveland brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokoneer View Post
    Dude, are you implying that the Cleveland Cycle Works decals are not worth a couple grand?
    No no, not at all! Worth their weight in gold

I mentioned to the Asiawing rep that the front brake on the motard was pretty wimpy looking and he responded that in the future they'll be shipping with 320mm discs.
    I'm on the fence with the whole concept, riding a motorcycle is already a fairly dangerous activity, would you trust a cheap Chinese bike with your life ? On the flip side, there are probably more bicycles, mopeds, and motorcycles in China than in the rest of the world combined and many "quality" products are manufactured in China. You have BMW's bulletproof 650 thumper that was supposedly more reliable when it was coming out of China.

It's the same bike that my Christini 450 is based on and I've been very happy with it. With a pipe and a CRF carb it is a lot more snappy, and most Honda parts fit, even the engine if needed!

I hope you have a lot of JB weld handy!

junk....absolute junk.
    2003 Wr450f Sumo
    2004 Buell Xb12s
    2001 Cr500AF Dirt

I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death-DeltaOne

There has been several threads on here about this company I remember, not about this specific bike but the hipster 250cc chopper bobber bikes they have been marketing. My biggest problem is stated pretty plainly on their website:

Now when were are talking about $2,500 cheapo bobbers I still had a problem with the fact you could build your own bad ass UJM bobber for less and have more bike than they will ever have. But now the price is going up and yet it's still the same china bull shit. I like the fact that they are an American company but the name insinuates that these bikes are an American product and we all know it's bull.

I say let pep boys sell the fucking china garbage to the masses and if you want to build custom bikes, cool do so. But don't just rebrand this shit. I don't want to see them fail, I said it before about them. I do wish them luck... But...

Quote Originally Posted by crash279 View Post
    When you try to get clearance for the sprocket on the front forks and the axle won't fit is when you know that you've had a few too many lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WRSumo450 View Post
    junk....absolute junk.
    Really, how many have you ridden or even seen? I've owned my Christini for a couple years now and had no problems with it.

I got to ride one of their misfits. It was similar to a scooter from pepboys. Terrible components. Lots of cast parts and nothing seemed quality enough to do maintenance on. I couldnt imagine the quality being much different. Lets just remember now there is a reason they are cheap. At least the Misfit is priced for the quality. This new bike has a ridiculous msrp
    2003 Wr450f Sumo
    2004 Buell Xb12s
    2001 Cr500AF Dirt

I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death-DeltaOne

Items for Sale

$6k for a Chonda If we get a group buy going, we can get them as cheap as $2500 - $2800

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/63...otorcycle.html

Minimum order of 5
    www.FastBikeIndustries.com
    "Just stay in the fast lane, and keep moving, you cannot predict your final day, so go hard for the good times while you can." Kenny Stabler
    '08 DRZ 400sm - FCR, E cams, SSW / MRD, Tuned by Wheeler
    '02 XR 50 - 1/4 scale stunt bike

I watched a video review a while back about one of their bikes (the misfit IIRC) and one of the bolts holding the front brake caliper on just fell off, letting the caliper flop all over the place, and whoever was doing the review just played it off like it wasn't a big deal.

Now for all I know this 450R might be quality, safe, and reliable (I hope it is for that MSRP) but I am not going to be a test dummy. There are enough cars and trucks trying to kill me on the road, I don't need my bike trying to do so as well.
    2007 DR-Z400S | 3k miles | 3x3 Mod w/ JD Jet Kit | Trailtech Vapor | MCCT | Raptor Petcock | SM Wheels | MRD/Z-Pro | E cams |

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/63...otorcycle.html

The best thing it say's it runs on Gas/Diesel

Last edited by alarka; 01-31-2014 at 11:01 PM.
    2011 KatoomaBerg FS 570/2011 FS 570 (SOLD) 2010 FE 570 SUMO'ed/2004 KTM 625 SMC(SOLD)
    Suspension by: FastBikeIndustries.com
    HARLEY-DAVIDSON = "The most effective way to convert gasoline into noise without the pesky effects of horsepower"