Thread: My DR650 Ecotrons Fuel Injection Project

Default My DR650 Ecotrons Fuel Injection Project

"Salute" everyone
    As SMJ just notified me of my birthday, I thought I'd post about my DR650 project I've been working on since the beginning of the year. After turning my DR into a SoMo, I volunteered to be a guinea pig for a company trying to create a electronic fuel injection kit for the big thumper. Not being very savvy with FI systems I was apprehensive about being able to do the job, but with a lot of help from Matt at Ecotrons, I feel the project is just about finished.
    Anyway, with the knowledge that I was treading new territory, I documented pretty much everything in pictures and HD video's, so I'll let them do the talking.

here are two videos I made while I was installing the hardware.

This is the first time I got her started.

A couple of months ago Ecotrons came out with an Android app which made viewing and logging data much easier. I purchased a Sena Parini BlueTooth Serial adaptor and connected it to the Ecotrons ECU. Now I'm no longer tethered by cable. Here is a video on it's operation.

Here is one of my latest rides showing the current state and performance of the EFI kit. It still needs a little tuning but I like what I have so far. Hope you enjoy !
    1990 Honda RC30 #134
    2009 Suzuki DR-650 SM

Cool, this will be one of the next mods to mine, I'm just holding out for you guys to be the guinea pigs and work out the bugs so i can buy a kit. I'm happy with my FCR-MX but I'm always wondering about the next mod cause I love tinkering. Although I've also been thinking of upgrading my 725 to the 790 kit and bigger valves before EFI. Thanks very much for uploading. Great watch
    2004 'Berg FS650E : Rebuilt with 05 crank for 628cc, genuine Berg slipper, Taffy's DVSK & decomp, Taffy's jet kit, SSB Lithium battery, Starlane quickshifter, 16mm Brembo radial master & 6 pot Beringer

The is pure awesomeness.
    I've contemplated many times how nice it would be if someone came up with a drop-in EFI solution for carbed bikes.
    Hoping to see more...
    Edit: just watched your 4th video and even with the funky screen effect, I was like "That looks like the inside of Triangle Cycles". Then when you got outside I saw the layout before you pulled out onto the service road towards Garrett, I was sure. I worked there for several years as a technician.
    Howdy local!
    Last edited by miketegra; 11-28-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    I'm a former tech....
    current ride: 2008 DRZ400SM
    previous supermoto rides: 2000 YZ426F 2008 KTM 690SMC 2008 Yamaha WR250X

Quote Originally Posted by miketegra View Post
    The is pure awesomeness.
    I've contemplated many times how nice it would be if someone came up with a drop-in EFI solution for carbed bikes.
    Hoping to see more...
    Edit: just watched your 4th video and even with the funky screen effect, I was like "That looks like the inside of Triangle Cycles". Then when you got outside I saw the layout before you pulled out onto the service road towards Garrett, I was sure. I worked there for several years as a technician.
    Howdy local!
    Hehe.. Yup that's where I was I didn't want to included the parts guys in the video so I did the funky effect. I hope to see you around !
    1990 Honda RC30 #134
    2009 Suzuki DR-650 SM

What kind of winshield is that? It's really cool

Quote Originally Posted by iceyrider View Post
    What kind of winshield is that? It's really cool
    Its off a Yamaha 2005 FZ1 1000 Fazer.
    1990 Honda RC30 #134
    2009 Suzuki DR-650 SM

Default Killa's thread

Awsome thread! When I get a minute I post some of my project.
    Javalina