Thread: Bad Clutch basket?

Default Bad Clutch basket?

I've never seen a bad clutch basket. My clutch started Engaging really rough in first gear a few weeks ago. I took it apart today and found groves in the basket. Would like to see more pics of good and bad clutches.

Here's the bad groves.
    07 610 SM (gone)
    08 530 SMR

Items for Sale

Yeah it's worn good. Is the clutch kinda sticky? You can take a file and smooth them out, but that's a bandaid fix. The problem will come back.
    2006 husqvarna 530rr. AKA "dirtyfivethirty" or "freight train " Formerly known as Alohar1

www.FastBikeIndustries.com www.ksrwheels.comwww.balidogrefuge.com

Quote Originally Posted by 06-530rr View Post
    Yeah it's worn good. Is the clutch kinda sticky? You can take a file and smooth them out, but that's a bandaid fix. The problem will come back.
    Yes the clutch is sticky. It would grab really rough hard when cold then it would get better after it warmed up. I Already took a file to it last night. It was pretty late to get a test run in but it did feel a lot better.
    07 610 SM (gone)
    08 530 SMR

After the filling
    07 610 SM (gone)
    08 530 SMR

Items for Sale

there's a tolerance in that gap that needs to be maintained. do you know if all the springs were tightened correctly, where you able to feel the same pressure when you removed them? I swear I even seen shops do worse than just get the torque wrong on those springs
    NORTHEAST BRIDGESTONE SUPERMOTO TIRE DEALER
    WWW.HAMMARACING.COM
    CRF450R SUMO, '82V45 Sabre '00 Aprilia SR50, 82 Yamaha XJ650RJ Seca, '72 RD350 R5
    SMEC, NJMINIGP, NEMM, OVRP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=xdj67XknFrM#t=5

Its def worn pretty good. Filing and deburing the edges will help smoothen the engagement and get you back on the road. At some point its gonna need to be replaced.