Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: US Model 2013 KTM SMC 690 R

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    238

    Default US Model 2013 KTM SMC 690 R

    Does anybody know if KTM is going to bring the SMC 690 back into the US? I talked to the local dealership and the endura models are sold out. Just kind of curious if anybody has heard anything.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    352

    Default

    We get a 450 smc .... Seems a lot of the enduros are being sucked up and supermotoed

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Bump!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    203

    Default

    I looked through the new models on their site listed under the Intermot 2012 Newsroom link. Even on the USA website, it shows the 2013 690 SMC-R...

    http://www.ktm.com/us/news-events/ne...supermoto.html

    But who knows...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Interesting! I'm definately interested!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Posts
    362

    Default

    I would be extremely tempted to pick one up if they do.
    2008 Husky SM 610 - 2008 Triumph Thruxton
    Riding Game Challenges completed: 15
    Are you playing the riding game? http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...=1#post1663421

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    659

    Default

    it looks like it uses saxess tubeless rims
    KTM 450 SMR '08, KTM 690 SM Prestige '07

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14

    Default

    KTM brings the 690 SMC-R here and I'm buying it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Anybody have new information regards the smc r over the us? 2013 models should be here soon. This smc in black is sex on wheels!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Diego (North County), CA
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Momo1970 View Post
    Anybody have new information regards the smc r over the us? 2013 models should be here soon. This smc in black is sex on wheels!
    Ya any new news? Im debating wether or not to take plunge and buy a 2012 ktm 690 enduro r and super moto it. Id rather not have to go that route for itll cost alot more that route if all mimicks past smc model msrps.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default

    You better off finding 2010 model for less than msrp and load it with extra engine modes such as the akra evo kit.
    Few more months to go to see if it will be part of the 2013 line up.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Any updates from anybody?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    447

    Default

    EICMA starts next week in Milan. If there will be any news, it will come from EICMA!! There is where the 690 SMC R was revealed!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THOR450 View Post
    EICMA starts next week in Milan. If there will be any news, it will come from EICMA!! There is where the 690 SMC R was revealed!!!
    Do you think they will be bring it to the US?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    447

    Default

    I don't believe there are any "new" 2010 or earlier smc's on any dealer floors, anywhere. Anybody know otherwise??? I don't think they sat very long with the number of units they did import at the dealers, so, I think they would sell them if they did bring them here. Nobody really knows except KTM but I hope they do make them available here!!! Historically KTM will announce their street line at EICMA and then announce where they will sell what, in the coming months, keep your fingers crossed!!!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default

    My fingers are crossed, I love my Duke, but if the smc r is coming I will switch right a way.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    9,663

    Default

    If only the 990 looked like the 690 and the same weight.... I know I'm dreaming now
    Brian # 30


    KTM 450 SMR

    "Everyday is a good day" Just some days are better than others

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    bucks county, PA
    Posts
    920

    Default

    here's your wake up call.

    http://blog.ktm.com/

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gardena, CA
    Posts
    265

    Default

    not saying a 1290 ktm wont be cool, but what demand will there be for that bike? why not just develop the SD? Seems like ktm is going down the "bigger is better" route. the 1190 adventure is bad ass, but how usable is that kind of power in the dirt? stop adding cc's and start adding the components like slippers and quickshifters, and start making geometry changes better suit applications of each bike.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    9,663

    Default

    nice find thanks
    Brian # 30


    KTM 450 SMR

    "Everyday is a good day" Just some days are better than others

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    887

    Default

    I only know that the start delivering on the new model in scandinavia will be in Feb.
    And im deff saving myself for the smcr

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
    not saying a 1290 ktm wont be cool, but what demand will there be for that bike? why not just develop the SD? Seems like ktm is going down the "bigger is better" route. the 1190 adventure is bad ass, but how usable is that kind of power in the dirt? stop adding cc's and start adding the components like slippers and quickshifters, and start making geometry changes better suit applications of each bike.
    Evolution and competition, why develop a 9 year old engine when things have moved on and the market is shifting in that direction. Most SD owners seem happy with the handling but want an extra 40hp to keep on a par with the power of a new Tuono or Speed Triple. The 1190 motor has been out for 4 years now so it seems like a logical platform to go from.

    The big adventure bike market is leaning towards big CCs - BMW 1200 GS, Super Tenere and Ducati Multi; the new Adv comes with a slipper too.

    Makes perfect sense to me

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    887

    Default

    kinda agreed and disagreed
    But one thing is for sure is that they have really messed up the new front on the adventure
    Would look sooo much better with the old head

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gardena, CA
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hugoagogo View Post
    Evolution and competition, why develop a 9 year old engine when things have moved on and the market is shifting in that direction. Most SD owners seem happy with the handling but want an extra 40hp to keep on a par with the power of a new Tuono or Speed Triple. The 1190 motor has been out for 4 years now so it seems like a logical platform to go from.

    The big adventure bike market is leaning towards big CCs - BMW 1200 GS, Super Tenere and Ducati Multi; the new Adv comes with a slipper too.

    Makes perfect sense to me
    i can understand your point and it is no doubt valid.

    i have a '12 RC8r. i think the 1195 totax in it is great. it definitely holds its own with the beemers and pani's and would smoke any nekkid/adv bikes like 1200gs or multistrada as it is. i think the biggest thing with ktm is the lack of components theyre putting into their top tier bikes, and not the power output. the 990 can already burn the competition, the 1195 motor would make other bikes not even close to it. its not many components theyd need to add, but just adding somethings stock would make the bikes more marketable(imo). i love that my rc doesnt have the rider aids, but thats what everybody is dishing out dough on within the first couple thousand miles. slippers, tc's, qs's, and im sure when it becomes available, ABS. KTM still charges a premium price, but the bikes come with less then the less pricey jap bikes. it makes it hard for consumers to justify spending ktm money on a bike that ultimately comes with less.

    more cc's is cool and all, but id rather see ktm up the bar with their rider aids.

    for the record i dont like rider aids, but i know what my rc bros are doing to theyre bikes, thus i know its what the consumer wants.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    charlotte NC
    Posts
    21

    Default

    any word on 2013 690 SMC.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    352

    Default

    I don't believe we are getting any ... Mexico is getting the 990 SMR ... It would be nice if KTM would send some street legal supermoto our way ... LOL

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    charlotte NC
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Anybody else have info. Reason being I would wait until summer if they brought them over. A 2006 625smc is available in my area Iam on the fench with this.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WR400 View Post
    Anybody else have info. Reason being I would wait until summer if they brought them over. A 2006 625smc is available in my area Iam on the fench with this.
    don't think they ever did bring the 690 smc to the US in 2013

    soon time to wonder about 2014? When it comes to factory sumo's in the us the pickings are slim

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    122

    Default

    I'm way past due for replacing my DRZ SM and I'd really like to move up a notch or three. I wish KTM would bring this bike to the US, I'd pay up front as a special order. I was looking at the Duke 690 and the new Ducati Hypermotard, but the suspension travel and ground clearance is too limited and the bike's are just too heavy. I could convert the Enduro (not that any dealers seem to have them in stock), but I'd rather just order the black SMC and call it a day.

    I don't know if I should blame the dealers or the manufacturers, they piss and whine about poor sales, yet they don't bring anything decent to our market.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Laguna Niguel, Ca
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n1tr0 View Post
    I'm way past due for replacing my DRZ SM and I'd really like to move up a notch or three. I wish KTM would bring this bike to the US, I'd pay up front as a special order. I was looking at the Duke 690 and the new Ducati Hypermotard, but the suspension travel and ground clearance is too limited and the bike's are just too heavy. I could convert the Enduro (not that any dealers seem to have them in stock), but I'd rather just order the black SMC and call it a day.

    I don't know if I should blame the dealers or the manufacturers, they piss and whine about poor sales, yet they don't bring anything decent to our market.
    Enduro R's are out there. I picked up a 2010 with 1700 miles on it and they had a new 2013 on the floor (So Cal). I'm converting mine right now. I also come from a DRZ. As far as supermotos, they really don't sell well around here. If they did, the manufactures would bring them. I remember watching a 2009 DRZ SM sit on a local showroom floor for over a year. Out here, it's either Harleys or sportbikes. Even more of a standard bike like a FZ1 or a Ninja 1000 are a tough sell.
    2010 KTM 690 Enduro R
    2012 Triumph 800

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •