Thread: Is there something different about this wr450??

Default Is there something different about this wr450??

So I have been looking around for my first wr450 and I've came across one im sure you all have seen and the plastics around the radiators stick out around the front forks more than the otheres I've seen and I think this looks better but I cant figure out whats different or is it just me? Are they YZ plastics or something, I'm still a noob and trying to learn about these things any help would be appreciated!!!!

Heres the one I'm talking about:
    http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...:10,s:72,i:257

to me, it looks like they had aftermarket triples which have adjustable offset... don't scold me if i am wrong though...
    2006 Husqvarna 610SM
    1996 XR400R - minimally street legal
    2005 CRF450R - Street tard!

if you close the image and go to the webpage behind it in the google frame, down at the bottom it says everything about the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by collector_164 View Post
    if you close the image and go to the webpage behind it in the google frame, down at the bottom it says everything about the bike.
    true, I read that entire page but all the mods listed are engine mods at least to my knowledge theres nothing on there about the bodywork or anything else that could have explained the difference...

Quote Originally Posted by Scalku View Post
    to me, it looks like they had aftermarket triples which have adjustable offset... don't scold me if i am wrong though...
    No scolding from me, that looks like a possibility actually but I have no idea, hopefully someone else will chime in with some info.

I think its mainly just the way the front wheel is turned. Doesnt look different to me

Quote Originally Posted by dsmbuddy View Post
    I think its mainly just the way the front wheel is turned. Doesnt look different to me
    Thats what I was wondering but the forks look so tucked up in there it has me throw off a bit. could something like these triples make that type of difference: http://www.oppracing.com/category/28...clamps/?page=2

Items for Sale

are you talking about the bike on the bottom of the page? to me it looks as though that bike has a 21 inch front wheel on it. the supermoto fender looks really small over the top of the wheel.

looks to me that the bars are at full lock right, thats all

angle picture is on combines with angle of bars.