Thread: Spare Helmet?

Default Spare Helmet?

So... does anyone ever want to go pick up their girlfriend on their DRZ to go for a ride but have no idea where to keep the helmet for her on your way to go get her? Let me know if anyone has figured out a place to lock on a spare helmet to their DRZ400sm
    SUPERMOTO SWAG
    2006 DRZ400SM YELLOW

Backpack is the only secure option I can think of. Even if you had a rack to stap it on I can't imagine it would be that secure. Then again, I don't have a rack and have never tried it.
    YOU JUST GOT JAK'D
    06 DRZ400SM
    03 CR250R

if its a short ride i just put my arm through it so i can keep both hands on the bars and its pretty much hanging off my elbow
    2004 WR450 supermoto. SOLD :(

I have a rack on mine and the cheap autozone cargo net works fine for all kinds of stuff including helmets. BTW, if you happen to still have the strap on your seat you could just strap it to that.
    "Everything's easier when your not being punched in the face." Sajo

Passengers?Passengers!?I don't need no stinkin' passengers!
    '05 DR-Z400SM Black

These Seat Hooks and a bungee net. I also have a helmet strap. Hooks under the seat edge or a rack, has a secondary attachement clip to clip to the chin strap D-rings, and an adjustable strap with a couple suction cups which grab the helmet shell.

If I were to replace either of my straps I'd look at this
    Last edited by hardboiled; 04-29-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." Richard Henry Lee

Full Gear, Not Fool's Gear!

Leave it at her house?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

^^ That's what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by SteadyEddie View Post
    Leave it at her house?
    Only if it's a cheapo that you don't care about. If you break up she might not give it back. I actually know two girls that still have their ex's helmets. Though I'm not sure why. Maybe they forgot or just didn't give a hoot.
    YOU JUST GOT JAK'D
    06 DRZ400SM
    03 CR250R

That is why god made "Clearance Items" - If a $80 helmet means I never have to see her again then I am happy it did no cost me $100
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

Alright guys, awesome, thanks for the feedback!!
    SUPERMOTO SWAG
    2006 DRZ400SM YELLOW

Quote Originally Posted by atvguy64 View Post
    So... does anyone ever want to go pick up their girlfriend on their DRZ to go for a ride but have no idea where to keep the helmet for her on your way to go get her? Let me know if anyone has figured out a place to lock on a spare helmet to their DRZ400sm
    Dont you have to have a girlfriend to pick up first?
    -SUPERMOTO SWAG-

I always strap it to my back pack, i can feel the weight of it on there so i know it's still there. or just leave it at her house as stated above. riding with it on your elbow seems sketchy. and strapping it to the back would also have me un settled, i would keep looking to mae sure it's still there every 3 sec haha
    -06' KTM 560 SMR Street Legal and 91' BMW 325I
    -03' KTM 625 SXC SM (sold)
    -01' KTM 520 EXC (stolen)
    -00' Yamaha XT350
    -93' Honda 300EX

i usually strap te helmet around the top handle of my bookbag, but i made her get her own and she keeps it at her house, i tend to come up with thousands of excuses as to why i ant take her for a ride, more fun for me

I understand wanting to ride alone so you can really ride the way you want, but you have to admit there isn't much better than cruising a nice twisty road on a warm summer day with your lady right there with ya.
    -06' KTM 560 SMR Street Legal and 91' BMW 325I
    -03' KTM 625 SXC SM (sold)
    -01' KTM 520 EXC (stolen)
    -00' Yamaha XT350
    -93' Honda 300EX