Thread: jetting info needed

Default jetting info needed

hi peeps i have a stock 2006 drz400sm which i'm planning on doing the 3x3 mod,full big gun or fmf exhaust system but i'm a little curious as to what are the correct number jets to use?

It depends on so many things. Altitude, temperature...

Just order the jd jet kit. It will have all the parts you'll need for a range of criteria and simple to follow instructions telling you what to use and how to install it.

Unless you're just dead set on those pipes, I would look at the yosh rs2 and MRD pipes. I think those are the best 2 pipes for that bike
    09 WR250X
    08 SM450R

i had a friend that was telling me about using the yoshi also

There are two Yosh pipes that have been made for the DRZ. The RS2, which is okay, and the Ti pipe, which was great ( it is what I have ) but I have heard it is not available anymore. If that is true then I would get the MRD/SSW pipe. It sounds like there are two versions of MRD, their standard Pro Comp pipe and the SSW version. I would get the SSW version. That seems to be the pipe for a DRZ SuperMoto assuming the Yosh Ti is no longer available.

Yosh also made the low mount duals, jusayin.
    09 WR250X
    08 SM450R

thx for the info

Quote Originally Posted by babyzboy2012 View Post
    hi peeps i have a stock 2006 drz400sm which i'm planning on doing the 3x3 mod,full big gun or fmf exhaust system but i'm a little curious as to what are the correct number jets to use?
    You can start off by installin a #25 pilot jet and purchasing a extended
    fuel screw and leaving the stock 142.5 main jet in. Do get a stage 2 dynojet kit to play with the main jets in that kit. The needle and its main jets are the goodies. The cv carb is super easy to remove and reinstall. Also put a
    K+n filter in and remove the wire mesh screen attached to the air box. It pulls right out. Shell breathe a lot better. Try that for now