Thread: 625 smc fork lock

Default 625 smc fork lock

Anyone know how to remove the fork lock without the key? My key vanished and I need to move my bike.

Lock smith will be best bet. - $
    Replacement key from dealer - $$
    Really good drill bit - wont do that myself but cheapest fastest way. No more lock!
    Before drilling could try tapping a small flat head screw driver in the lock to release it. But that's only if you have a drill handy to get you out of that mess if it doesn't work. I'd leave it to a lock smith. They can sometimes make a key onsite. Worth a try.

ive heard of guys kicking one side of the bars while pulling on the other to break the lock. hope your stealing your own bike.

Remove your numberplate or light and unbolt the ignition assembly from the steering stem and un-plug the electrical connection, please do not kick or force anything to move or break you'll only regret it later $$$$
    Last edited by trevort; 04-14-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trevort View Post
    Remove your numberplate or light and unbolt the ignition assembly from the steering stem and un-plug the electrical connection, please do not kick or force anything to move or break you'll only regret it later $$$$
    how the fuck will that help?

dude, get your large buddies with the white van to just help lift it. SMCs aren't that heavy
    I have a 2 wheel addiction
    05 KTM 625 SMC <street/dirt fun>
    09 KTM 200 XCW <woods fun>
    12 Trek Fuel EX8 <MTB fun>
    ?? Czar Mod (20") <Bike Trials fun>

hell id just like to know where my lock is??? not in the actual ignition so where is it

Quote Originally Posted by Antikid View Post
    how the fuck will that help?

dude, get your large buddies with the white van to just help lift it. SMCs aren't that heavy
    I have done that on one of my buells bcs the key broke off inside the ignition. The for lock is built inside the ignition assemble. Once you take it off the fork lock will come off and you can then move the bike around freely. But its a bitch to take them out and mine took a special bit. Thank god its was hard otherwise people would do it all them time
    "Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live."

On the KTM/berg the lock is on the left hand side of the frame stem. It's small and hard to see but it's there. Lol. So doing anything with the ignition key won't help him. Unless the 625 smc is different. I still think he should call the dealer or get a smith to check it.
    Has he even replied back to any of these?? I wanna know what happened.

the SMC fork lock is right where you describe, left side, sort of hard to get to.

he is obviously in jail for stealing
    I have a 2 wheel addiction
    05 KTM 625 SMC <street/dirt fun>
    09 KTM 200 XCW <woods fun>
    12 Trek Fuel EX8 <MTB fun>
    ?? Czar Mod (20") <Bike Trials fun>

Ha, no not in jail LOL I have been mia due to school and what not. I got it off and went riding all day, felt really nice! getting large buddies to help move wouldn't have helped since bike was inside my house and needed to go through the door...

You could take the ignition to a locksmith and he could make you a new key.