A previous thread mentioned the following information about our 2012 Supermoto season:
- A $25 standard USBA membership is required for racers 13 and older. New racers get a free pass for 1 race but after that membership is required.
Please get that taken care of now so you won't have to deal with it on race-day morning.
The USBA web address to sign-up is http://www.utahsba.com/membership/
Racers 12 and younger do not need a USBA membership the entire season.
- Race dates are June 10, July 15, Aug 12, Oct 21.
- Mini's can now run knobbies, and have minimal tech requirements.
- A Sportsman class has been added, which means a motorcycle needs to have the stock OEM rim sizes with non-knobby street oriented tires, and the stock front brake caliper. This is a low-cost alternative to the full Supermoto set-up but with all the fun.
Some new announcements for 2012 are . . .
- Wrights Motorcycle Parts & Accessories has gone above and beyond with over $300 in year-end Wrights gift certificates to be split between the Novice class, Advanced class, and Sportsman class. To be eligible, you need to have a Wrights decal visible on each side of your motorcycle the entire season. Visit Wrights now to get your stickers. They will also be available race day at the track.
- In the past, the heat race only determines a racers main event starting grid. It counts for nothing else. In 2012, overall finish position will be determined using a motocross style Moto 1 and Moto 2 format. Combined scores from Moto 1 and Moto 2 will determine your overall finishing position for the day.
- In 2012, we're going to add some variety to the track layouts we race.
- At numerous rounds, the asphalt only class will run the track backwards. This will feel like a brand new track, because it will be a brand new track.