SuperMoto Junkie banner

Suzuki DRZ400s to Supermoto project!

23K views 44 replies 18 participants last post by  TripleEight 
#1 ·
After I sold my CRF, i bought myself a DRZ. But as the DRZ was finished and not so much left to do, and wintertimes. I decided to buy a cheap ass DRZ and tune it up to what it looks like now:

When i bought it, it was old plastics. Everything dusty and scratched.

Anodised blue standard, what a match! Grey gastank, Ductape tuned speedometer, best headlight ever etc etc

At first i ripped a part the whole bike, and sent the gastank to a friend of mine:

Than receiver whole lot of parts:
headlight:

front fender:

muffler/silincer from crf450:

hand guards:

And some other small stuff:
-Sealsavers
-RMZ start button
-Renthal Handlebars

And of course supermoto wheels!!
Still got some stuff to do, but this is how it looks atm.

And the following graphics will be printed asap:

See less See more
#3 ·
Wow! Way to freshen the old girl up.

Next step might be to replace the weathered, stock header pipe with a nice fat aftermarket one or even a proper full system.

It would help both cosmetically and performance. Even though I still run the stock pipe myself.

That bike is now worthy of a nice blingy pipe set up. :thumbup:

#5 ·
First i'm gonna paint the stock header. Later on will probally buy a MRD exhaust.

Also ripped the bike apart again, gonna powdercoat the frame and all black.

I like the headlight. By the looks of it the blinkers are integrated into it?
You can use them as blinkers if you want, but i just use them as headlight. It gives lot of light, and it looks badass with the LEDs

#6 ·
Nice, I converted an S model, all except the suspension. I am making that my winter project for 2012-13, I am going from end to end, every suspension bit I can upgrade, brakes 320mm, forks/risers/triples, rear shock, forks, brakes, sprockets/chain, sliders, the full bit to make it a proper SM cosmetically and functionally.

I like what you have done, she looked a little tired in the before photo but now refreshed and vibrant... good job

#8 ·
I would like to get the forks as well, but paying 300+ for forks & tripples is too much for me. Maybe later but rather spent that money on a big bore kit :clap:

I've got sliders laying around, will fit them anytime soon. Project is not done yet :)

Did the honda muffler bolt right up and does it sound any better then tghe stock can? It looks great.
Sounds really great! But it isn;t a bolt on. I've welded it to fit.

#22 ·
Thanks! Rim = 4,25. Tire 150.
Just don't go bigger than 150 rear tire.
Michelin pilot sport kan je goedkoop krijgen. kost maar 110 euro.

That big round headlight prolly threw more light. I remember the scortching light my gs 500 had. And sv's. Hmm....
Yeah but it looked like shit so i got rid of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.