Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MIMRA Michigan

Default MIMRA Michigan

Ron Lutz is getting together dates for Jackson Speedway & East Lansing Kartway.

Lower pricing for 2012 so I have been informed!

I'm still way too busy with Sportbiketracktime, Apexmfg, & the STT/Apexmfg/Triumph AMA race team to organize any of the local minigp events. You can always step up & help Ron, Nic, Frank, & Dave T.!
    Last edited by e h donahey; 03-23-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    E H Donahey

Minister of MIMRA

thank god i found this!! i was hoping that someone was gonna make some news if we had/have a season this year.

I talked with Ron yesterday.

Still waiting for ELKT to confirm dates & pricing.

Jackson dates will co-inside with kart practice or racing, this lowers YOUR cost since we don't cover insurance!

Palmyra can be rented, it is for sale 80,000$ OBO!

Fremont should still be open for practice, short, sketchy, lots of fun 1-2 times a summer if you don't want to drive very far. They even have a mini dirt section for the supermoto minitards!
    E H Donahey

Minister of MIMRA

i saw a schedule posted on FB....

can anyone please check in....how many MIMRA guys are planning on participating this year at all?????

I'm in for some but I do have a child graduating this year so I will have a open house and graduation to plan around.

I know Frank wants to ride, he has a baby girl coming soon.

Sean wants to ride and said he would have a extra bike at most events.

Yea, I'm down for some mini ripping this year, I think my dad is gonna make it out for a lot of the dates too.

anyone planning on going to ELKT on the 15th?? its in 9 days.....i am!! and i hope to ring some people along too!

Default News from Ron L.

Hi everyone!
    This will be the schedule for MIMRA track days.
    I have provided for a variety of days of the week, and a couple evenings, as we always have folk with work, family, and distance issues.
    The prohibitive cost of track rental without a firm committment by everyone to show up means that
    all dates are shared practices with Karts.
    Cost at ELKT will be $10 admission $20 per rider.
    Cost at JS (Jackson Speedway) will be $12 admission and $10 to practice.
    We can schedule racing on Kart race days at both tracks but I have NOT done so.
    Racing at JS would cost the $12 +$20 and would include: two practices, two heat races, one final race, and trophies.

4/15 Sun EL 10-5pm
    4/28 Sat JS 9-5
    5/12 Sat EL 10-5
    5/25 Fri EL 10-5
    6/9 Sat EL 10-5
    6/21 Thu JS 6-10:30pm
    7/8 Sun EL 10-5
    7/29 EL Sun 10-5
    8/11 EL Sat 10-5
    8/23 JS Thu 6-10:30pm
    9/15 EL Sat 10-5

If you see a way to improve on this schedule I would welcome the input.
    Please forward this to anyone with an interest in MIMRA. I do not have email addresses for John Brier, or "fast Frank".

Thanks,
    Ron
    E H Donahey

Minister of MIMRA

FML.....went to bolt on the racing slicks and found the hub to be cracked completely through were a rotor bolt mounts too.

Radiator ship should be able to weld that up for you. Get to work.

sorry i will not be attending ELKT. due to broken bike and weather forecast.

ok is MIMRA going downhill or what?? i seem to NEVER get any response from our riders if anyone is participating in the scheduled events??????

Who in MIMRA do you think comes to this board? Besides you Teddy and I, There are very few that come here. Frank, Sean and John, now and then but not often enough you should worry when they don't. With Teddy doing STT no one is really pimping it Ron was nice enough to talk with the track owners and get us some dates but if people don't show up(and the weather has not helped that) the future could be iffy at best.

Feel free to talk any and all of your friends into coming out.

Come out and play and bring friends! Did Dave ever fix his bike?

Actually, I'm on here quite a bit, just didn't want to comment on mimra going downhill since that kinda happened last year when everybody decided to stop showing up to events. unfortunately it was a bad year financially for a lot of us. I'm so happy Ron stepped up this year and is keeping it going, hopefully most of the events will be attended by more than nick, John, frank and myself. It should be a pretty awesome season!

The first one at EL(Rained a bit) was just me, Ron and the new young man Jalil. You have to see this little guy in his Gear. Looks like a champ already and has a very nice young man. All be it a bit shy.

Seriously guys the more people that show up the bigger chance this will keep on happening. If its not worth the track owners time then they will not open the gates for us.

Count me in and a couple of other Chicago guys for some of those dates.

e h donahey don't know if you remember me but I am the one guy who knows Eddie and JB and raced with you guys during the winter a couple of years ago at kart 2 kart on the crf 50's. I am also on the WERA board.
    2010 KTM RC8R street bike
    2007 Aprilia SXV 550 street bike
    2003 Harley Road King
    2008 SXV 550 race bike
    2007 RXV 450 dirtbike

The more the merrier! What will you be ridding G2G?

I will be riding this. I raced it last year with the NWGP series and also Suberbikers2.

2003 Harley Road King
    2008 SXV 550 race bike
    2007 RXV 450 dirtbike

Heads up East Lansing does not allow full sized bikes! Its welcome at Jackson as far as I know. MISUPERMOTO does full sized bikes with dirt sections in Michigan if your looking for dirt sections. MIMRA does not run dirt sections.

We had a guy run a mint RD350 at Jackson I was so afraid he was going to scratch that bike.

Gotcha. I did one MIsupermoto race last year. It was the street race that they had. Thanks for the heads up.
    2003 Harley Road King
    2008 SXV 550 race bike
    2007 RXV 450 dirtbike

Just spoke with Eric S. (yellow helmet) and he wants to come out with a XR100 to play! Yeah more people!.

Super cool! I'm having a little bike trouble at the moment but by the end of the month I should be up and running. I want to make as many of the dates that I can, but we'll see. G2G if you bring your 450 to Jackson with us, let me know and I'll bring mine too!

yeah weather has been terrible!! dave has NOT fixed his bike yet and i yell at him daily. also i rode the RZ350 WAY cooler than those old rd's. and my bike has been race prepped since day 1. i put huge effort into getting it ready for racing this year, but weather has just been SHIT. i have a hard time committing a 4 hour round trip drive, in 30 degree weather (40's at best) with over a 60% chance of rain. lets pray to the weather gods to help us out for the 12 at ELKT....i love that track and i have the whole weekend off!!

i have been on alf, david, jeff (nsr50), and a few others BEGGING them to come, and everyone gives me a SUPER lame excuse, like oh i gotta put water in my dogs dish, sorry i can't make it. even when i say i'll drive, people can ride my shit, and all they have to do is pay the WHOPPING $20 to get in.....i must just be a better friend than i thought....

welp, http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/mcy/2991608343.html

lets hope the CL killer doesn't show up one day.....

Nice job hope the add helps.

I know how you feel I tell people all the time come out and ride my bike. All the guys I ride street bikes with and only one or two have shown up.

i have actually gotten 2 responses so far to the add. and 1 guy says he rides MIsupermoto, he says he and 4-5 guys are going to come to east lansing!!!!

Hey thats Me!!!^^^^ lol, just found this section of the forum.

Yep were in in for May 12 in Lansing. Will have 2-3 Sumo pit bikes. Would have more if 450's were allowed at that track. We hit all the Misupermoto events with the big and little bikes.. Fun Fun! Cya there!
    now CRF450R 2007 #34 MiSupermoto
    CRF450R 2004 Sold....
    XR600 Pig with CRF forks SOLD
    XR400 Sumo.....Sold
    TTR250 Sumo sold yzf426 Sumo sold

glad you found us.

Sweet tell your friends! My TTR just got some parts!

That's awesome! I'm excited to hear some new people are coming out! I just last night ordered a new top end for the rm and I've got a new set of tires for it waiting to be mounted up. I'm still trying to figure out a fix for my 60, seems to be sucking air through the intake boot that's dry rotted and cracked. Can't seem to find a replacement...

Talk to Teddy on that 60 might be able to make aluminum adapter and use new rubber on each side. Take a photo of what you need I might be able to help.

Also I have Timmy and Tarolee coming with me and 2 neighbor kids want to come try. So I'm looking at having 5 riders(2 adults and 3 kids) and 2 adult spectators.

We were told by the track that the kids must run in their own group now due to insurance change, I do not know the kid age cut off(Timmy my step son is 16 now).

They also said new insurance rules need fire bottles in pits and snell helmets but also did not check. I will bring my garage fire bottle and and set it on my trailer. They also now want us to walk our bikes in the pits, I just left mine up by the fence and walked myself back the pit area. Just wanted everyone to know look for a closer parking spot.

No boy say the "R" word we need some freaking good weather darn it!

Also East Lansing is $10 for everyone that comes through the gate plus $20 for each rider. Last year some people thought it was just $20 for each rider and were a little grumpy at the track just don't want anyone surprised.

All right boys! You got me excited! I was going to do a track day at Grattan on the beast but I will put that off and come this saturday and I will bring a friend with me.

Frank

Man, I hope my top end gets here soon, I want to race!!! If not, I
    Might borrow my dads bike, I don't think he's gonna go. I work till noon but I'm sure there'll be plenty of ride time left when I get there.

just read a cl add for this. i need to find a bike and make it out to a race. been looking for a pitbike, then I'll probably need help getting approved to use on the track.

i'll try and make it to the june 9th race (going to be out of state for work then next two weeks or i'd say this weekend), if anything just to say hi.

didn't realize how close the el kart track is. I work at state rd and us 27.
    Last edited by eatabullet; 05-10-2012 at 05:15 AM.

If i dont have sliders on the pit bike can i still run?
    CRF450R 2004 Sold....
    XR400 Sumo.....Sold

Quote Originally Posted by bkingz View Post
    If i dont have sliders on the pit bike can i still run?
    Sliders are a must have, I think that's a track rule everywhere we go. The op of this thread used to make them but I don't know if he still does as he's pretty busy these days. Maybe try to pm him about them though, if he isn't making them maybe he knows someone who will.

Ok, ill try to get some on.. I see people at jackson all the time with no sliders so was just wondering...
    CRF450R 2004 Sold....
    XR400 Sumo.....Sold

Jackson Speedway does not require footpeg, frame, axle, bar end sliders.

ELKT, Palmyra, G&J, Michiana Raceway, Rolling Green Raceway ALL required them.

Biggest bonus for sliders is they tend to save your BIKE = invested $$$$... Also saves the non-concrete track surfaces

I might be able to make some quick sliders but don't hold your breath..... Maybe some racer/machinist would hook you up????

E H Donahey

Minister of MIMRA

I have a lathe and a stick of delrin.. Gonna whip some up
    CRF450R 2004 Sold....
    XR400 Sumo.....Sold

Quote Originally Posted by bkingz View Post
    I have a lathe and a stick of delrin.. Gonna whip some up
    E H Donahey

Minister of MIMRA

so i am all packed up and gear is waiting in a pile to be placed into the truck. PRAY for good weather seeing as how we have a TON of new people coming! i am super excited for tomorrow!

Weather gods be good to us! I'll be there either way but the family are fare weather riders.

I shall also be there no matter what. With my gf.

Where is everyone? Its only sprinkling.. were the on
    ly ones here
    CRF450R 2004 Sold....
    XR400 Sumo.....Sold

i got there at 9:50 and it poured till i left at 12:45.....i could only sit around and be pissed for so long.....

Yeah I got there 10:50 and left about 12:40, just hung out and talked with Joel cause I was not going to ride alone. Frank was there with a friend and left about 12:15 or so. I had a trailer with 3 bikes.