Thread: Correct Wheel Spacer Size, for 03 YZ/WR

Default Correct Wheel Spacer Size, for 03 YZ/WR

I am trying to figure out the correct Spacer Size I need to makes for my Excel Pro Series Hubs. The ones that came with them don't seem to fit. I am looking for the distance between the front forks and the rear swingarm. Like what is the normal distance between the front forks, and what is the normal distance between the rear swingarm. EDIT: CALLED EXCEL AND HAVE CORRECT SPACERS.

Only Problem is my front wheel when mounted up fits real good, I just cannot get my caliper to mount or align properly to the rotor. The wheel is sitting dead in the middle with the stock spacers, but the rotor sits fairly close to the left fork, and my caliper doesn't fit with my relocation bracket I got. Can anyone post a pic of the correct bracket for this application so I can compare? I would take a picture of mine but my camera is with my wife. My Bracket had 028 stamped on it and is a gold color. To me it looks like the DRZ bracket on Motostrano. Any Ideas?

Thanks!
    Last edited by RcrMg; 03-19-2012 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Called Excel....

The pro series hub is the one with the knock-off disc mount ? If it is i have one on my 03 with a stock yz brake,fits fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt track 915 View Post
    The pro series hub is the one with the knock-off disc mount ? If it is i have one on my 03 with a stock yz brake,fits fine.
    Do you have a spacer about 5.5mm thick between the hub with the bearing in it, and the brake carrier ring? I have one there, and if I remove it it fits, but if I don't it doesn't.

The hub is doweled, and so is the carrier ring as well, so I am assuming that the hub can mount straight to the carrier ring without needing that spacer.

Quote Originally Posted by RcrMg View Post
    Do you have a spacer about 5.5mm thick between the hub with the bearing in it, and the brake carrier ring? I have one there, and if I remove it it fits, but if I don't it doesn't.

The hub is doweled, and so is the carrier ring as well, so I am assuming that the hub can mount straight to the carrier ring without needing that spacer.
    Anyone have these hubs?

The spacer you speek of looks like its on the other side-outboard or it could just be a sholder on the spacer. Just checked an it is the Excell pro hub. I will knock it off the bike sat am if you dont get an answer by then.I only had the wheel off once this winter to replace it with a stock yam wheel and spacers for ice,never took the spacers off the Excell. The excell spacers did not fit with a stock yam hub.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt track 915 View Post
    The spacer you speek of looks like its on the other side-outboard or it could just be a sholder on the spacer. Just checked an it is the Excell pro hub. I will knock it off the bike sat am if you dont get an answer by then.I only had the wheel off once this winter to replace it with a stock yam wheel and spacers for ice,never took the spacers off the Excell. The excell spacers did not fit with a stock yam hub.
    Ok I got it to fit...

I have the correct outer spacers that have the shoulders in them. They go between the Hub and the forks.

I had to take out what looks like an aluminum spacer that sits between the hub and brake carrier ring. It was 5.5mm thick and was the reason it was throwing it out of whack. I pulled it and its running fine. It had holes for the hub dowels to fit in, but the carrier ring also has dowel holes in it so it works. I will snap a picture of the spacer and post it later tonight.