Thread: Hello from Jackson, Ca

Thumbs up Hello from Jackson, Ca

Hello all!

New to the scene as I just purchased a 2008 drz after not being on a bike for a couple years. I love the way it feels compared to the ol' Buell I used to have. I am starting on the dynajet kit that I scored from motostrano and the 3x3 today to try to get a couple more ponies out of it. If you are in the area, let's ride!

Welcome. Those little tweaks will wake up a stock Dizzer.

What Buell did you have? Spent some time on a XB9R and really enjoyed it for squirting around.

No idea where Jackson is
    '09 DRZ-400SM #43V
    '05 KTM 525 SMR #43

It really woke it up! I can only imagine what a big bore kit would do. I had the xb9 as well, in bright yellow! It sucks that they are not going to make them anymore. It was a fun bike, but Maui and marriage were calling. Jackson is on Hwy 88 south of Sacramento about an hour. I live about 30 min from Kirkwood Ski Resort. As soon as they remove all the sand and salt on the road, the twisties should be ready further up the road. I didn't wear the full face yesterday, and got salted bad!
    I don't have time to bleed!

Salt in the face does not sound fun.

Funny, how the Buell was so smooth at speed, but was like a paint shaker at idle.

Interesting mix of old and new tech that seemed to work out pretty well.
    '09 DRZ-400SM #43V
    '05 KTM 525 SMR #43