Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil and your WR250X ???? :)

Default Oil and your WR250X ???? :)

I'm just curious as you what oil you guys use in yours? How often you change it, what your mileage is certainly?

I got my bike used with 650ish miles, the oil was changed, looked like clear honey through the glass window. < Good Feeling

I changed it again at 1000 miles, still looked like it was a mistake changing it again, as is was a golden honey. I changed the filter also at the time.

At 1990 miles later I changed the oil again and filter. Still looked like dark honey, but wasn't black. The only oil I've ran at this time is AMS Oil 10w40 motorcycle oil.

Now I'm at almost 3700 miles, longest the bike has gone between oil changes. Roughly 1800 miles on this oil. I know that you can go 3000 miles between changes as manufacture schedules.

I'm at a cross road, as I've seen the light. I now plan to use something most would frown upon. Got a gallon of Rotella T Triple Protection 15W40. Before you say it's crap, it's 13$ a gallon. Meets JASO MA requirements, low ash, high phosphorus and zinc, just what you need for a motorcycle wet clutch applications. My buddy used it for 13K worth of miles on his 09 Hayabusa with mods with no issue even with a 3k change schedule.

I ran the 10W40 AMS oil for the winter, as I ride even in the winter. Covers you from -10 to 110degrees. Now that it's summer the 15W40 covers you from 0-110 degrees. My problem lies in the fact you need 2 quarts(or 3 to do, 2 changes), or roughly 1.48 quarts to do the change with filter. I never really planned to run but 1500-2000 miles max on the oil. I like to keep it clean as possible, but not at 12$ a quart. With the Rotella T, you can almost change the oil and filter 3 times, with a price tag of 13$, what a quart of any other syntheic motorcycle oil costs. Pay 11-12$ a quart run it for 3K or roughly 3$ a quart and change it more often, still ahead in my book.

Lets hear your oppinions on the subject. The good, bad and ugly.
    2010 Wr250X
    FMF FC, FMF Q4, Airbox mod, K&N Filter, Door off, SIM Plug, AIS-EGR removed, ProTaper YZ HI bar, MSR Hand Protectors, Gytr Gold GDO chain, Renthal 13/43, Magnetic Drain Plug, EP Skid plate, R model bottom flaring, Titanium Footpegs, Driven Shifter.
    Setting 3-2.5-1-5-4-4 55+mpg Fun

Well, the busa point is invalid. I've got a buddy with almost 50k on his with just regular Suzuki dyno oil. 13k miles isn't really a lot on those. Granted 50 is crazy high.

I use elf full synthetic champione in my x. Or at least I did until my shop can't get it. Now I use Suzuki synthetic. Bike has somewhere around 9k miles. I change it anywhere from 1500-2500. And I don't thing you can ride it much harder than I do...

Oil always relatively clean when it comes out.
    09 WR250X
    08 SM450R

I use Rotella T6 5W-40.

I thought our bikes take 1.4L with a filter change. Why are you filling 1.48L in there?
    Last edited by pineapplebrah; 03-19-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Yamaha says you can go 3000 miles between oil changes and 6000 miles between filter changes.

Unless you are doing something really bizarre and harmful to the bike to begin with, or using really cheap-o oil I see no reason to change the oil any more frequently than Yamaha recommends.

I do change my filter with every oil change though.

I use Amsoil synthetic. I pay a high price per quart for motorcycle specific oil so I can ride the bike more than work on the bike. I easily go anywhere from 2800-3200 miles between oil and filter changes.

The wr250x is not a Husky, Aprilia, or KTM. It does not require that kind of maintenance.
    2008 WR250X
    Gearing: 13t - 48t
    PC-V - Air Box Door Removed
    FmF Q4 Slip-on - BT-003rs

50k is nothing for a busa those motors are so big and run a low rpm in most cases because of it they should run 150k easy without needing to be toughted for the most part.

i change mine every 1500-2000 with full synethic amsoil, mines always black but even right after a change it turns black again. these motors will run on almost anything there simply bulletproof. they do turn high rpms in many cases tho so i wouldnt go over 2k for changing um tho.
    Stubbz 08 WR250X Stunt Build Thread

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...0X-Stunt-Build

Amzoil every 3k with new filter... I thought about shorter intervals but that's why I pay for Amzoil, its supposed to be good to 7k so it better be good at half the interval.
    Last edited by phonebem2; 03-19-2012 at 08:30 AM.
    "Losing a race is no reason to cry, son. The fact that Daddy doesn't like you anymore is a pretty good reason though." (Quote from Avatar)

Quote Originally Posted by phonebem2 View Post
    Amzoil every 3k with new filter... I thought about shorter intervals but that's why I pay for Amzoil, its supposed to be good to 7k so it better be good at half the interva.

Bingo.

And if I go to 3500-4000 miles "by accident", I don't sweat it one bit.
    2008 WR250X

Mark me down for another Amsoil user. Factory intervals (3k) are good enough for me. I also do filter changes each time.
    I track mine too.
    2011 WR250X with some mods.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplebrah View Post
    I use Rotella T6 5W-40.

I thought our bikes take 1.4L with a filter change. Why are you filling 1.48L in there?

quarts < liters damn metric system people

1.4L = 1.48 Quarts "that was a joke" /\

1 Rotella syn
    1 Other
    5 AMS Oil

7 Syntheic

I've got a gallon of it, will only run it 1500 -2000 miles max. The filters, I will change every other change. I will take it out and spray it in the opposite direction of oil flow from 5-7" away, to clean it before reinstall. With good old Brakleen, yeah boy.

I'll let you guys know what I think of the oil compared to AMS oil.
    2010 Wr250X
    FMF FC, FMF Q4, Airbox mod, K&N Filter, Door off, SIM Plug, AIS-EGR removed, ProTaper YZ HI bar, MSR Hand Protectors, Gytr Gold GDO chain, Renthal 13/43, Magnetic Drain Plug, EP Skid plate, R model bottom flaring, Titanium Footpegs, Driven Shifter.

Quote Originally Posted by DdogWr250X View Post
    quarts < liters damn metric system people

1.4L = 1.48 Quarts "that was a joke"
    Thanks for pointing that out. I read it too fast.

Default sad really ddog

You have a lil baby on way and this is more important wow you will get yours daddy

^^ where the hell did that come from.

Default haha

His gf that is pregnant and this bs is more important!!!!! YOUR GONNA BE A DADDY YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WOULDNT HAVE THAT BIKE IF I WOULDN'T HAVE FOUND IT FOR YOU AFTER OTHER WAS STOLEN!! YOU LOOKED FOREVER BUT NO I FOUND THE BIKE!!! MAYBE GOD WILL BLESS ME AND SOMEONE WILL STEAL THIS ONE TOO MAYBE YOU WILL STRAIGHTEN UP!!! You wanna play with me all your lil friends on here are gonna know what your doing!! who walks out on there pregnant gf for a motorcycle forum are you joking!!!! Its gonna be your first born and this is the respect i get!!! yeah right for all you reading this i am his CRAZY PREGNANT GF WHO IS MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Wow..
    09 WR250X
    08 SM450R

Quote Originally Posted by rk2001 View Post
    His gf that is pregnant and this bs is more important!!!!! YOUR GONNA BE A DADDY YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WOULDNT HAVE THAT BIKE IF I WOULDN'T HAVE FOUND IT FOR YOU AFTER OTHER WAS STOLEN!! YOU LOOKED FOREVER BUT NO I FOUND THE BIKE!!! MAYBE GOD WILL BLESS ME AND SOMEONE WILL STEAL THIS ONE TOO MAYBE YOU WILL STRAIGHTEN UP!!! You wanna play with me all your lil friends on here are gonna know what your doing!! who walks out on there pregnant gf for a motorcycle forum are you joking!!!! Its gonna be your first born and this is the respect i get!!! yeah right for all you reading this i am his CRAZY PREGNANT GF WHO IS MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Gotta love them crazy bitches

this just got WEIRD

2008 WR250X

BEST
    THREAD
    EVER

sidenote* Motul 5100 semi-synt on all my race bikes every other track day or every race weekend.
    This little guy uses 1.5 qts...its so cheap, why not change often.
    CCS EX #23
    ASRA #231
    AMA #231

^^^ oww snap!

GF is trolling and pissed lol iv never seen this before.

Ive been running mobil one racing 4t. bike seems to like it but i wanna switch to a cheaper oil like rotella. Waiting to hear some feedback before i buy a gallon of that. If the bike doesnt mind i dont see the point in spending 10 bucks a quart for mobil one.

More than a few people here swear by Rotella. <-- clicky

I don't think there's much risk to using it at all.
    2008 WR250X

i am his CRAZY PREGNANT GF WHO IS MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    you summed it right up there lol. take it elsewhere noone here cares about your crazy ass hormones or your personal life.

Supermoto > crazy lady
    09 WR250X
    08 SM450R

Quote Originally Posted by WRsteveX View Post
    Supermoto > crazy lady

buahahahaha
    CCS EX #23
    ASRA #231
    AMA #231

Im sure she's fine now....
    2004 WR450

Bitches be crazy.

Wow, I thought things were going to get all Maury Povich there for a minute!
    "Losing a race is no reason to cry, son. The fact that Daddy doesn't like you anymore is a pretty good reason though." (Quote from Avatar)

Default lol

sorry guys hormones are raging lol glad i got that off chest have fun wont bother yous again i got the point across and things are just fine!!!!!

bye

I use yamalube in mine. I forgot which wt. it was..
    '09 WR310x (Street Tard/stunt)
    '02 Yz 125 (Dirt)
    Check out my Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Bulletsrain?feature=moby

sorry guys hormones are raging lol glad i got that off chest have fun wont bother yous again i got the point across and things are just fine!!!!!

I think I liked you better the other way........
    2008 WR250X

Default lol

yeah im sure it was quite amusing when you all seen that lol For the record i also ride just haven't bought my bike yet because i am preg and cant ride this year!!!! but i will be getting the bike by end of summer to ride next yr !!!! for the record i really don't want his bike stolen because i love it to much lol and then i wouldn't have someone to ride with!!! I am sorry babe for that!!!!
    Last edited by rk2001; 03-21-2012 at 06:24 AM.

yeah im sure it was quite amusing when you all seen that lol For the record i also ride just haven't bought my bike yet because i am preg and cant ride this year!!!! but i will be getting the bike by end of summer to ride next yr !!!! for the record i really don't want his bike stolen because i love it to much lol and then i wouldn't have someone to ride with!!! I am sorry babe for that!!!!
    I know from experience.... All pregnant women are crazy.
    2004 WR450

Only some decent pics can prove you are who you say you are....
    2008 WR250X

Wow this is awesome!

Don't have a WR but I ran Motul 300V and 5100 in my DRZ-SM and liked it alot. DRZ stators will commit suicide if you don't use good oil...
    09 DRZ400SM - 3x3, JD Jetting, MRD SSW, BajaDesigns 8in RaceLight, Edge2, ProBends, knobbies...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtsmith View Post
    Wow this is awesome!

Don't have a WR but I ran Motul 300V and 5100 in my DRZ-SM and liked it alot. DRZ stators will commit suicide if you don't use good oil...
    Really? The stator?

i run mobil one 4T in my wrx change it every3k or so with a new filter, wix or kn usually.

i put rotella in the ttr no problems and it cheap.
    08 wrx

14/49, bt003s, fmf slip on, pc3,

Quote Originally Posted by chris07r6 View Post
    I know from experience.... All pregnant women are crazy.
    haha +1 to that, been there but it gets worse when they have 2 and have to take care of 2 all the time and (Do Everything Themselves) as if they get no help when they actually get a lot of it. were Men were not Women and we never will be so we are never gonna do all that you do and nor should we lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel336 View Post
    Only some decent pics can prove you are who you say you are....
    ^^haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mtsmith View Post
    Wow this is awesome!

Is this really true? I've never heard this. Always known drz's to run on just about anything. Hell the manual only recommends 87 octane fuel.
    09 WR250X
    08 SM450R

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbz View Post
    haha +1 to that, been there but it gets worse when they have 2 and have to take care of 2 all the time and (Do Everything Themselves) as if they get no help when they actually get a lot of it. were Men were not Women and we never will be so we are never gonna do all that you do and nor should we lol.

^^haha
    I have two girls 4 and 1 and this man speaks truth
    2004 WR450

I still want pics of the psycho-bitch!!!!!!!!!
    2008 WR250X

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel336 View Post
    I still want pics of the psycho-bitch!!!!!!!!!
    Here you go.

Default Lay off

Please lay off the Bitch word i said i was crazy not a Bitch!!!!

Default lmao

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplebrah View Post
    Here you go.
    WAY OFF IM A HOT CRAZY GF!!!! Lets get that straight right now!!!!!!!!

I got some cheap oil that is good, so that I can spend more money. On Diapers and modding my baby, once I found out what sex it is. I then will know what turbo kit to buy. Got to know what size flange you need, boys and girls are different.

This is my woman, she is crazy, but a perfect fit, for me. She does put up with my shit, I've been told that "I'm a asshole" but I don't believe it.
    Last edited by DdogWr250X; 03-23-2012 at 05:40 PM.
    2010 Wr250X

hahaha wow she's gonna love seeing that posted on the site lol. unless the baby is here theres no reason for you to be at her hip doing whatever it is she wants you to do, you'll have plenty of that after the baby comes, if you dont know the sex yet she's barely pregnant lol so not like shes 8 months huge and givin ya shit cuz your not helpin her. they can do everything pregnant they can not pregnant trust me been there multiple times, some just cant handle it.

this just gets better every time I check in on it

CCS EX #23
    ASRA #231
    AMA #231

Quote Originally Posted by rc23 View Post
    this just gets better every time I check in on it

Yeah, things did take an interesting tangent... Now give me some of that popcorn!

Quote Originally Posted by WRsteveX View Post
    Is this really true? I've never heard this. Always known drz's to run on just about anything. Hell the manual only recommends 87 octane fuel.
    Oh yeah it's true. Make sure you check the turn signal fluid too, or else the exhaust will freeze up.
    2010 Yamaha WR250X SOLD
    2011 Triumph Speed Triple SE SOLD
    2012 Yamaha WR450F
    2014 Yamaha FZ09

Please lay off the Bitch word i said i was crazy not a Bitch!!!!
    You obviously didn't read your post then.
    2010 Yamaha WR250X SOLD
    2011 Triumph Speed Triple SE SOLD
    2012 Yamaha WR450F
    2014 Yamaha FZ09

Quote Originally Posted by organ donor View Post
    Oh yeah it's true. Make sure you check the turn signal fluid too, or else the exhaust will freeze up.
    thats what i was thinking..
    09 WR250X
    08 SM450R