Thread: Tire Selection

Default Tire Selection

Putting this in here cuz i really want opinions from other stunters and not just normal everyday riders.

i'm lookin for new tires for my wr250x. i want to stay 110 for front if possible cuz 120 will lift the front up a hair and i dont want it any higher than it is. i'm looking for something with some form of cross tread pattern to help with offroad riding for braking bite but i want it to be a good smooth tire for rolling stoppies also. any recommendations? want to stay as cheap as possible. was looking at a michelin ME Z4 or something like that, i like the cross style pattern and thats about all i can find, dual sport fronts are stupid money and wear faster so im lookin on the cheap side. i ran a kenda cruiser for a rear last year and it worked ok thought about trying one of those for the front since i can get one shipped for 65 bucks.

rear i would like to go to a 150 with similar cross pattern. any recommendations.
    Stubbz 08 WR250X Stunt Build Thread

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...0X-Stunt-Build

I have Shinko 005 Advances on my DRZ for $200 out the door. So far they seem to do well. I wheelie and stoppie the crap out of the bike on my commute to work. Work well enough for offroad but they arent a knobby.

Another cheap tire to look at is the Shinko 009 Raven. I havnt run this tire yet but its on the list. I know others have used this tire on a motard and liked it.
    07 DRZ 400sm-Daily rider/touring bike
    01 GasGas 280 TXT

thanks for info, i ended going with pilot powers for 204 shipped. just got them put on my rims but wont have a chance to get the bike finished for a week or so to try them out but they should work great for me on the stunt side of things anyways.

Cant go wrong with pilot powers especially at that price Offroad on the motard with any STREET TIRE (not knobbies) will depend little on tread pattern and more on rider skill.

Also saw this thread was 3 weeks old. Dont venture in this section much
    07 DRZ 400sm-Daily rider/touring bike
    01 GasGas 280 TXT

Q2's can be had for ~$215 shipped.
    Never ask a man if he's from Texas. If he is, he'll tell you. If he's not, there's no reason to embarrass him.

2006 KTM 625smc (street), 2007 R6 (track)

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBock View Post
    Cant go wrong with pilot powers especially at that price Offroad on the motard with any STREET TIRE (not knobbies) will depend little on tread pattern and more on rider skill.

Also saw this thread was 3 weeks old. Dont venture in this section much
    pilot powers are a great tire for sure, i rode last year with both stock wr250x tires which are pretty much slicks, i love riding offroad its more of a challenge but if you know what your doin and know the differences in traction it can be a ton of fun. i wanted to go with something more aggresive but im to much of a stunter and didn't wanna lose circles and such because of a junk tire.

sounds cheap for Q2's but i hate dunlops never cared for Q1's