Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Cleaning a dirty, dirty bike - Mr. Moto Wash

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    623

    Default Cleaning a dirty, dirty bike - Mr. Moto Wash

    I went out riding dirt this past weekend and when I say 'dirt' I mean mud. I guess it was once dirt before the huge rain came the night before we rode. If you are from down south you'll know the kind of mud I'm talking about. This was the red sticky clay that's slicker than snail shit and stains like blood on a white sheet!

    Any ol who...after 6 hours of riding the bikes were completely orange with mud. I'm thinking, "Well that was fun, too bad I'm gonna spend the next 4 hours washing this bitch.".
    We get to my buddies house and rinse off the big chunks of caked on goo. I start looking for my ol stand by, Simple Green, but he pulls out this stuff he got from CycleGear called Mr. Moto Wash. It's a pink liquid that smells like a spring day mixed with cotton candy. He tells me to use this stuff and that it works great. I'm skeptical but I proceed to spray the stuff on anyways. After I covered the bike I went to start scrubbing. My buddys asks me what I'm doing saying that you don't need to scrub anything; Mr. Moto scrubs himself! Even more skeptical I agree to play along knowing that if I have to clean it again I'll be using his chemicals anyways so I don't have anything to loose.
    I go to rinse it off and I shit you not, you'd think I sprayed the bike with a 5000psi pressure washer filled with 800 degree gasoline! That thing was clean!
    I felt like I was in an infomercial. Almost too go to be true. Needless to say, next time I'm in CycleGear I'm gonna get me some Mr. Moto!
    07 Superduke - FOR SALE
    09 WR450

    VIDS

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cincy, OH
    Posts
    2,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssboger View Post
    I felt like I was in an infomercial. Almost too go to be true.

    I feel like there should be before and after pictures and video

    I grew up riding in that shitty mud and now I refuse to go ride if its super nasty muddy just because I hate cleaning that shit off. Its also really hard on seals and bearings. Yea I know Im lame Cool you found something that works
    07 DRZ 400sm-Daily rider/touring bike
    01 GasGas 280 TXT

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    KY-USA
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssboger View Post
    smells like a spring day mixed with cotton candy!
    This phrase would sell a zillion $$$ worth of feminine hygene products.
    2007 RXV550SM/2007 KTM 690SM
    NO REMORSE / NO REGRET Previous Supermotos: 2008 SM510R

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lakeside, Texas, United States
    Posts
    7,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssboger View Post
    It's a pink liquid that smells like a spring day mixed with cotton candy.
    So it smells like U4 race gas?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Flintstone, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    560

    Default



    Lets see a real time video TOO!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    victoria, TEXAS
    Posts
    3,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBock View Post
    I grew up riding in that shitty mud and now I refuse to go ride if its super nasty muddy just because I hate cleaning that shit off. Its also really hard on seals and bearings.
    i wont ride dirt if its nasty out either. makes a mess and tears up stuff. i got alot of buddys that ride in the mud and water after good rains but i hate it. wont even go.
    09 WR250X
    08 SM450R

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    South East Aussie Coast
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Most of that stuff does the same job, I've never seen that particular brand here in Oz, but I just use "truck wash" from the local chemical supplier, works wonders, spray it on, let it soak for 20 minutes, then hose it off, takes stains off plastics and all. I was using a product called CT-18, which is amazing, but at $35 for 4 litres (about 1 gallon) it's expensive. The 20 litre drum of "truck wash" was under $60. It does the same job. Go figure.

    I'm always keen to try new products, I'll keep an eye out for that stuff.
    2004 'Berg FS650E : Rebuilt with 05 crank for 628cc, genuine Berg slipper, Taffy's DVSK & decomp, Taffy's jet kit, SSB Lithium battery, Starlane quickshifter, 16mm Brembo radial master & 6 pot Beringer

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishpost19 View Post
    Most of that stuff does the same job, I've never seen that particular brand here in Oz, but I just use "truck wash" from the local chemical supplier, works wonders, spray it on, let it soak for 20 minutes, then hose it off, takes stains off plastics and all. I was using a product called CT-18, which is amazing, but at $35 for 4 litres (about 1 gallon) it's expensive. The 20 litre drum of "truck wash" was under $60. It does the same job. Go figure.

    I'm always keen to try new products, I'll keep an eye out for that stuff.
    See I always used Simple Green and thought that nothing could be better than that but this stuff puts it to shame.

    Fishpost - I actually met and rode with a guy on that ride that is moving to Australia here in a few months. He was hoping there was stuff to ride on out there.
    07 Superduke - FOR SALE
    09 WR450

    VIDS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •