Thread: New utah race track!!!!!!!!!!

Default New utah race track!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys I have been working with some other riders to gain access to a private track in the Lehi area here in UTAH. Looks like we are ON!!!!! What we are looking at doing is bringing an affordable track to practice and test our bikes. Right now there is no dirt section but plans are being drawn and redrawn to bring an awesome dirt section. We planning on having race weekends the same weekends as MMP to try and bring some out of State guys to utah with the promise of lots of track time, just think Friday, Saturday at the new track then a 45 minute drive to MMP for the sunday Race!! Sounds fun right?

URGENT!!!!! Tomorrow night we are having a FREE test run on the track and we need feedback. So please tell all your Supermoto and sportbike friends to come out and ride the track from 5 p.m. until dark to let us know what you think.

Make sure you pm me so I have an Idea of who is coming. Thanks
    Location: West Desert Airport in Fairfield just Google west desert airport utah and it pulls right up! The track is not shown on the map but its there! Post up if you want any information. Thanks
    Last edited by juicehall; 04-18-2011 at 11:21 PM.

This is the best news I have heard for a LONG time!!!!!!!!! Looks sweet!!!! And it's NOT MMP!!!!!! Bouns!!!!!

West Desert Raceway
    First half is counter clockwise, sencond clockwise

Posted on CafeHusky as well for more exposure.
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/new...permoto.17916/
    Last edited by J.R.; 04-19-2011 at 10:18 PM.

So how did it go on Tuesday. I got a textmessage aout this, but could not atend. What are the reviews?

Sweet track! Asphalt only until we get a dirt section designed, approved and built. We'll be setting up a couple weeknight sessions soon to get some guys out and attending. Then we can get a weekend day set up once our rider count is up a bit Great track!
    Last edited by J.R.; 04-20-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Looks like it has alot of potential!!!! Best of all.....................IT'S NOT MMP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by schmeefer View Post
    Looks like it has alot of potential!!!! Best of all.....................IT'S NOT MMP!!!!
    Keep an eye on it Schmeef, we'll all be out there soon!

Any more test days coming up soon? I would like to try it out.

Should be doing a track day soon. The weather hasn't been making things easy. We will post a thread soon and see what will work for everyone.

So this is built on an airport? Is the airport active? What about lights?

However now that it's light out past 8:00 I'm not sure that's an issue.

So how about a Wed, night practice series starting at 5:00 pm?

Still trying to hammer out some of the details. Looks like we are going to shoot for a saturday or monday practice whatever looks like we can get the most people. The track is not built on the airport just next to the airport. No lights! The place should be able to facilitate a lot of people if we can get them out there. They even have sleeping quarters for like 60 people and I think 16 showers. So if we can ever get a race together out there we should be able to make it fun.

wow, that looks like a cool track, not a very typical layout, and lots of sweepers. how long is it?

Interesting...where exactly is the track located? Is there a time for open practice? A race schedule yet?

I might yet get back into doing this every once in a while as work and other fun desert riding/racing allows.
    2001 Yamaha TTR-150L
    2005 CRF450X
    1998 Buell White Lightning

The track is 1.2 miles. We plan on doing a KICK ASS dirt section so its going to be a pretty long track. Races and practice dates are still to be decided.

The track is owned by a civilian company that leases is out for government use like police training and ambulance training it is kind of out in the middle of the desert but there is a gas station close by. The first motosport event is being held on May 1st and it will be a local drifting club out playing around. We are hoping to hold the races the day before our races at mmp to hopefully make it worth it for the out of town guys to head out this way. Mark is looking into our first practice date right now and as soon as I hear from him i'll post it up or I'm sure he will post it up on here. We are pretty excited about the track and are hoping for a lot of support from the local riders. Even though its a cheap and casual place we still need riders to show up to keep the gates open.

If we can get enough support we would love to put on a three day weekend and get some real racing going on!!!!! So lets get the california and colorado guys talking about our new track.
    Last edited by juicehall; 04-26-2011 at 01:02 PM.

The first few track days are to see if there will be enough racers to show up. There needs to be enough entry fees to pay for Insurance. Volunteers will also be needed to flag, score, etc..

Justin, mark was tryin to get a hold of you the other day. Give him a call

I'm so excited, I think I pee'd a little!!

is there anything still going on down there i just found this thread in a google search. i live up in layton but i would love to make a day trip out of it sometime.

Hey Quick221680, I sent you a PM.

What happened with this? Anyone? Anyone?

Right now there isn't much opportunity to go out there. Still trying though. In the mean time come out to miller with us. There's a new kart manager who is VERY good to us so practice is easier to find time for and the USBA races are great! If you don't wanna race, come out and watch or volunteer

Default Is this going to happen Jeff???

Is this a lost cause?

yes what has become of this Cedar Valley track? Would love to support something new rather than the conglomerate giant of Greg monster head Miller.
    2001 Yamaha TTR-150L
    2005 CRF450X
    1998 Buell White Lightning

anything going on down there anytime soon at miller or at the air port track? i would love to come down and check it out not going to be much of a racer but would like to see some other guys ride it hard and just run it my self if possible.

At this point we cannot ride on the track. If we can get a hold of the owner and come to an agreement everyone will be made aware.

Quick221680, are you from around these parts? I am trying to get my bike put back together from the winter rebuild/playing around and I would like to get out to miller. I'm just not sure when it will happen.

Last I talked to the track manager they were closing down the track to public usage because the drift guys tore it up to much. I was out riding dirt in the area and saw the drift guys out riding the track so I am sure we could get back out there. The problem is there is such poor supermoto support in Utah that we can't get enough riders to rent the track.

Quote Originally Posted by juicehall View Post
    Last I talked to the track manager they were closing down the track to public usage because the drift guys tore it up to much. I was out riding dirt in the area and saw the drift guys out riding the track so I am sure we could get back out there. The problem is there is such poor supermoto support in Utah that we can't get enough riders to rent the track.
    Can you get in touch with the owner again? I don't have contact info..

i'd be down for an all pavement day or ten.
    crf450r supermoto
    crf150r supermoto
    bmw r1200gs

jr i was born and raised in new york but i am in the air force and currently stationed at hill close to ogden layton and roy utah. i would love to take my bike out to miller and ride there cart track but on there sight i never see anything about supermoto. i am also currently wrenching on my bike too. hopefully i will have it all done by the end of next weekend. just waiting on my fcr carb right now.
    Last edited by Quick221680; 02-29-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Awesome! What are ya ridin? I've been trying to get miller to change their website.. They can be difficult to work with at times. I'm hoping to get out there sometimes soon. Most Sunday mornings are Test & Tunes for karts and bikes. Sometimes we go out on week nights when they don't have anything going on.. You can watch for posts about going to the track here or at www.facebook.com/utahsupermoto, or in the local rides section, our thread is called Utah riders something or other. Make sure you post in the one that's really long so we can jeep everyone up to date who is already subscribed to the thread for email updates.

Jeff that link doesn't work

i have an 09 drz 400 sm. it has the mrd ssw pipe and i am currently waiting on a fcr carb. use it mainly as back and forth to work. once in a while a week end ride and a little dirt here and there.

That track looked sweet and it had serious potential. I hope it works out.
    Team Damn Dummy Racing #607 SEAN
    DDR "Making the poor man fast"
    SMX Racing -Southern Ca. Supermoto Race Series

The Utahsupermotot only works for me if I'm logged into Facebook.. I thinly I'm gonna have to make a new style of Facebook for it that is always public. Maybe a business style like I did for Toxic Moto, cuz it seems to always work even if you don't have a Facebook.

Quick, you'll definitely have to come out with us more.

Sean I hope we can get out there again, it was fun..
    Last edited by J.R.; 03-05-2012 at 10:19 AM.

update?
    crf450r supermoto
    crf150r supermoto
    bmw r1200gs