Thread: Indiana SuperMoto Riders?

Default Indiana SuperMoto Riders?

Any Indiana SuperMoto riders out there?

It would be great if a number of us Indiana SM riders could coordinate trips to track-day and race events, share knowledge of bike set-ups, and generally just enjoy bike talk and wrenching. I am willing to start a list of Indiana SM riders and keep an e-mail database for information. Looking for SM riders specifically in the Indy area.....though anyone in Indiana is encouraged to send me information.

Let me know.....

Brad

I was thinking if driving from Lansing, Mich., to the sm track at Newcastle. Have you heard aabout track days there? At any rate, I heard that is one cool track but I havn't been there yet, and I haven't heard if it's in the Indy area. Here is a website that has track day information: www.misupermoto.com and I suppose Newcastle has its own website. Check it out, and maybe we'll meet there.

Talking

IndyMxer is from down that way and we see him and Keith Lewis out at Jackson speedway every now and then. Check the MISUPERMOTO site as Dave has added 2 new tracks in your state and we would love to get this year started with some nice turn outs at the events!

Welcome!

I am in Southern Indiana, still trying to get interest in this area before making the jump to SM. I would love to have one but without much going on in the area it is a tough decision to buy an SM that may just sit.

I'm over in Cinci. and will be on doing quite a bit of riding this summer in Indiana. Keith invited me over, so I plan on being in Indiana alot.
    I'd be glad to be part of it even though I'm 2hrs away!
    --------------------------------
    03 Yamaha YZ450F Supermoto (Race bike)
    01 Yamaha YZ426F Off Road

It's great to hear of interest in SM here in Indiana. Yes, I'm planning on doing some track days in MI this year, also maybe at Gateway (IL), and CRP (OH). I've just finished setting up my YZ250F to "sportsman" class specs. Going to start with that and if things progress in a positive manner....move to a 17" wheel/tire set up either later in the year or for '07. Since I'm a fireman, I've plated my bike "911". Look for me at the next event.

Ride safe, ride fun!

That's great!!!!

Alot of work has been done to get the SM track days at NewCastle. I did alot of private test and tune days there last year, The facility is really excited about SM. As far as GATEWAY, It's a great little track to get some seat time on. If you're just getting into SM around here your best bet is to check out MISUPERMOTO.COM, with 4 different tracks you can ride just about every weekend starting in april. I also have another private track in Municie that I ride at, Its small but tight and really works on your transitions. You can also do Circleville Ohio, an easy drive across 70 from Carmel. My next door nieghbor and old boss is the KTM rep for this area and he is an expert road racer that has now jumped into SM, we ride alot........

Here is my contact info, I'm always looking for guys inthe area that are in to Supermoto. I'm in Anderson...........

Chuck

baldwin.c@insightbb.com

www.road2recovery.com

I've seen a Kart track about 40 miles east of Indy right on I-70. The exit says "Spiceland" and it's right next to a Flying J truckstop. Is this one of the tracks you guys are talking about? It looks very nice from the road. I drive a truck so it's kind of tough to just pull in somewhere...

Thats it, They will have the dirt section in for the first trackday, goto misupermoto.com for the date. So everyone knows, You have to have all sliders on the bike, front and rear axle and foot pegs along with hand guards. Their facility is top notch and we don't want to screw it up. They only agreed to this after we had shown them that the track is protected from gouging.

ww.road2recovery.com

I live in Central Ohio, I would say between Beaver run in PA (elevation change track), the tight Circleville, Ohio track and the awesome track in New Castle you can hone your skills to become one super good racer.

Whats up i live close and ride supermoto, and i am from Anderson, Where Chuck lives. I will be running the south Bend and the New Castle track this year

I'm from central Ohio as well. I've been to Circleville and am looking forward to running at Beaver Run and the track at the spiceland exit. It always catches my eye as we make the trip to Indy for the Grand Prix.

I just put hand guards, axle sliders and foot peg sliders on and a catch can, so I am good to go at Newcastle Motorsports Park. I'm going the night before the first track day and staying at the motel, then a fresh start in the morning. There's nothing more important.

Hey guys, thought I'd join in the fun - I'm in Bloomington IN. about 40 from indy's southern outer loop.

Let me know when you are doing track days, I'm purchasing an SMR sometime soon - as soon as I find the right one.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by desmoworks
    Hey guys, thought I'd join in the fun - I'm in Bloomington IN. about 40 from indy's southern outer loop.

Let me know when you are doing track days, I'm purchasing an SMR sometime soon - as soon as I find the right one.
    What are you looking for?

I'm going to get a 560 SMR - maybe today.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by desmoworks
    I'm going to get a 560 SMR - maybe today.
    Nice choice ! Congrats ! See you at some of the misupermoto days!