Thread: No more 660SMX?

Default No more 660SMX?

It looks like the 660smx is not being offered for 2011?...anyone know why?
    Supermoto deprived

Demand had to be minimal.

I want one in a bad way, wish I could afford one
    2011 Husaberg FS665SM -- PIKES PEAK SPECIAL
    2006 KTM 300SX Woods Weapon
    DUCATI MONSTER 1000S

Quote Originally Posted by csq33r View Post
    It looks like the 660smx is not being offered for 2011?...anyone know why?
    probably because the world series switched to 450 only bikes.

first year they switched to EFI on the 450 smx bike so it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Skully25 View Post
    probably because the world series switched to 450 only bikes.

first year they switched to EFI on the 450 smx bike so it seems.
    Yep. The development of the 660 stop after the introduction of the 2009 model. Meaning the 2009 and 2010 are the same. I have both and they are the same. The reason they stop making them is they were made exclusively for the Supermoto World Championships. Once the Unlimited class was removed there was no reason to continue on with them.

I have one for sale! It is absolutely the best bike I have owned. They handle like no other Supermoto bike that I rode. And I have had the opportunity to ride them all. Jeff Wards TLD Bike, Herfoss's KTM Championship bike, Graves championship bikes, and many others. None of these bikes handle like my TM 660. The fact that they have won two World championships in a row is a reflection of there bikes!

I talked to TM and they said they will still make a 660 if someone is interested. They are not offering in their 2011 line up but would be happy to produce one if someone wanted to order one. Again, development of any kind on the motor will not happen. I would guess if anything changed on the newer frame, etc they would put the 660 in that. Otherwise these bikes will remain the same for years to come. What a incredible bike. It sounds like I have my 2009 660 sold, but look for my 2010 for sale after I win Pikes Peak again...

Quote Originally Posted by trachy357 View Post
    I talked to TM and they said they will still make a 660 if someone is interested. They are not offering in their 2011 line up but would be happy to produce one if someone wanted to order one. Again, development of any kind on the motor will not happen. I would guess if anything changed on the newer frame, etc they would put the 660 in that. Otherwise these bikes will remain the same for years to come. What a incredible bike. It sounds like I have my 2009 660 sold, but look for my 2010 for sale after I win Pikes Peak again...
    I ordered my new TM660 (Gozzini replica) back in November (2010). Like Gary said they aren't offering it in their production line up but they will still make one if someone asks hard enough. Mine should be ready any day now, and I can't wait.

I want one bad.

Quote Originally Posted by trachy357 View Post
    after you win pikes?! Gary Im gonna destroy your time!

2007 Aprilia Sxv 550
    2007 CRF 50
    2003 CRF 100
    Youtube Channel
    Instagram: Sweenster669

What is the cost of the TM 660SMX ?

Trachy, did you compete in the unlimited class or what?

i talked to the factory about building me a 660 sumo...the told me they change engine bearings every 10 hours in the race bikes.....wtf, im going to buy a 530 instead...no hassles just change the oil and adjust the valves

Quote Originally Posted by ratman View Post
    i talked to the factory about building me a 660 sumo...the told me they change engine bearings every 10 hours in the race bikes.....wtf, im going to buy a 530 instead...no hassles just change the oil and adjust the valves
    Does the 660cc cylinder fit 530
    Husqvarna sm510r 2010
    NEWhttp://www.youtube.com/channel/UCShW...view_as=public
    I'm sorry if I write like that no one understands the content or purpose of the text. It is not intended to
    Formerly "sädde " or "sadde"

Not entirely sure... But I'd guess not as the crank cases are totally different on the two bikes.

Can some one found any videos of this bike
    Husqvarna sm510r 2010
    NEWhttp://www.youtube.com/channel/UCShW...view_as=public
    I'm sorry if I write like that no one understands the content or purpose of the text. It is not intended to
    Formerly "sädde " or "sadde"