SuperMoto Junkie banner

My ccm 404

29K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  rigga 
#1 · (Edited)
Currently as the pics,have a hotrods +4mm crank on its way and a +4mm top end ready to fit at the same time,hopefully will be a bit of fun

No airbox open k+n MHP Ti silencer Talon wheels Excell rims with Goldspeed tyres carbon case savers,Acerbis cyclops headlight.

See less See more
#4 ·
Woo hoo ..... 462cc motor done and running again,bugger to start from cold with no decomp on the cams,hope it will loosen up slightly as its run in,feels great though,latest pics here

#6 ·
Been around for a while,went belly up then purchased by a member of the clews family who originally started the company (Clews Competion Motors ) and back in production again.... they are in mx gp's now with multiple 500 world champ David Thorpe as the team manager.

Its a 2004 model by the way,no longer produced.

#7 ·
Latest bits to go on

Beringer 4 pot off a ktm,matched with a Magura radial master and a 310 Beringer disc

Next up a better breathing exhaust as the current one is restricted in size due to its proximity to the rear off set pds shock..... so going underneath and adapting on of these to fit

#8 ·
Just picked this up by chance here in the uk,very hard to get hold of as no longer produced by anyone.

And just found out my exhaust has cleard customs so should be with me very soon.

#9 ·
Well had a big box arrive today from the states

Can you guess whats inside ?

Might not flow as much as a MRD,but that wont fit my bike,and this has larger pipework than my current set up,so can only be a good thing,im pretty confident it will fit and will be the first and i think only 404 to wear this system

#10 ·
Also i forgot to mention i fitted a Zeta clutch perch and lever to replace the standard item,lovely bit of kit with a short lever and great feel

And i ordered a new short red lever blade for the Magura master

I like red lol

#11 ·
SFB clutch cover fitted

And fitted a larger battery with a higher cold cranking rating for a Yahahe yzf R1,the original couldnt cope with the larger motor's compression :lol:

Removed the spark arrester form the new cans already,hope to fit those this weekend

#12 ·
Slight issues with the engine overheating traced to a loose electrical plug for the rad fan,still have an issue regarding the rebuilt engine so that has delayed fittting the Yoshi exhaust,but a couple of pics with the spark arrestor removed hopefully to liberate some noise,though as they have not even been fitted yet ill wait to see if i like it.

The Zeta lever fitted

And a washed pic

#13 ·
Had some issues with the engine,as it was running super high compression,hard to start from cold,and some detonation,resulting in a knock .... rebuilt with one more base gasket and all seems well now,RS4's dry fitted and it sounds very very different,not like a DRZ engine should,very basey sound,just got to fab some exhaust hangers up as the system is not meant for the 404,should be good.

#14 ·
More cash splurged on the money pit....

First off source some billet oil filter and starter gear covers

Nice but has the suzuki S logo ..... so machine off nice and flat

Next change the colour.... o yea red i guess :lol:

Ill post the final bike in a few days as the exhaust brackets are almost done,just need to get them anodised but not sure if it will be too much to get them red,so might go black on those,and i have got some other trick red intake bits to go on yet

#15 ·
Well bike is 90% of how i want it to be,Yoshi RS4's are all fitted and sounding like no other DRZ engined bike ive heard,Berringer disc and caliper bolted up mated with a radial Magura master cylinder,i have an alternative intake system to fabricate and fit tomorrow,along with some longer axle sliders,to try and give some better protection to the exhausts in the event of a fall,though im not intending to try them out.

Hope you like ....:D

#19 · (Edited)
The wheels actually came with the bike when i got it,as far as i know CCM kinda fitted a couple of different wheelsets during the bikes lifespan,sort of depending what they had at the time,so two bikes of around the same vintage might well have different wheels.

Mirrors fitted inboard but give good rearward view

#20 ·
She's gorgeous man! Great build, keep it updated for sure!

#21 ·
Been a while but a slight update,been having some issues starting the bike,with the higher comp it struggles to crank over even with the larger cca battery ive fitted,so having read about similar problems other guys with stroker motors have had,and the solution they have come to is this ....
A manual decomp assembly from a aftermarket kickstarter kit was sourced from a guy over in Norway,who very kindley donated it for free as it was surplus to his requirements,with this fitted there is a drop in comp when starting that enables the motor to spin over quicker without the normal struggle at TDC like there was before,very simple to fit,also ive fitted a cap on coil conversion that can be seen in one of the pics that a guy here in the uk had a batch of made up.

slightly more cluttered control area,but worth it

Ive had to delete the rad fan assembly as there is no room for that and the decomp cable bracket,having run previously a E spec drz which had no fan as standard,im not that bothered as once on the move the fan never operates anyway with the air flow through the rads.

#22 ·
Added a little colour to the engine after i saw a thread over at TT where a guy had powder coated his cam cover,thought i can do that,but cheaper !

So sourced another cover off ebay for £9

Buy some vht heat resistant paint

And the result,which actually suprised me how good it turned out seeing i sprayed it in the open in the garden with the sun out.

And fitted ...

Looks good,but shame its almost completly hidden by the tank on the ccm,more visible on a dizzer i think,anyhow its the little touches i like

#24 ·
Well no denying that small manufactures choose to use off the shelf parts from other bikes to limit development costs,its a well trodden route,but if chosen well its not a bad path to tread,and the 404 is an effective tool hotpotch or not.

#25 ·
Not done anything to the 404 for a while, but the other day j sourced a alloy sprocket cover from the states, been after a decent one for a while now, and also a Hammerhead 1" extended shifter
First off the alloy sprocket cover from the states

Take it to my local anodisers here in Brum

And next to the +1" shifter

Should go well with the rest of the tat on my bike :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.