SuperMoto Junkie banner

Post Your KLX250SF Pics ?

415K views 1K replies 150 participants last post by  ram9cc 
#1 · (Edited)
Im going to customise mine very soon just designing graphics at the moment then i will post pictures :thumbup: Then on to exhaust and such.
Anyone got pics of their KLX250SF Customised ?
:D

cheers T

#175 ·
actually im trying to sell it lol its a great bike but i think im trying to make it something its not i want something else now its like motorcycle ADD/OCD

#176 ·
thrashed mine at 3Palms in houston the last 2 weekends. Everyone thought i was crazy, but i def passed a few people. With a 351 big bore and some suspension upgrades, it would be be a pretty versatile street/trail/mx(ish) machine.

All my gear is soooo old from the last time i was racing in like 06/07 LOL.

#185 ·
if i had brush guards i would! i did one day, bent the bars and learned my lesson, almost breaking my clutch lever. and i leave the headlights and signals on, try to warn people what side im passin em on. If you guys have some nuts give it a try, 100 bucks for the tires. its got more suspension than a klx110 and we all know what kind of abuse they can see...besides, balloons are awesome in the mud and sand.

#187 ·
Hey guys, i'm a newbie here, but here's my little bundle of joy.

I was wondering if its worth running a 120 front and 140 rear tire. If anyone could chime in, i'd appreciate it. Most of the post's i've seen just say it can be done rather then is it actually worth it. But anyway, here's my bike. Enjoy.

Attachments

#191 ·
ADR, thanks a lot. I bought the klx because it was super affordable, i love the look, and because the seat height fit my short stature. As for the tires, like i said, i know they'll fit. But the question is, is there a reason to. I think they would be aesthetically pleasing but as for performance, i'm not going to do something to my bike that's going to hurt the handling.

Pushingluck831. I'm just going to start off by saying i'm very impressed with your moto. You can definitely see you have the no fear attitude when it comes to modification. The white and the snub subframe look awesome and the fact that you moto'd it on the track is pretty knarly. As for the tire, you're right. The average rider probably wouldn't notice much of a difference. But seeing as i'm still running stock tires, i'm getting new ones come spring regardless of what size and i was just wondering if it will harm performance. I saw something about the 120 in the front possibly causing some issues but i think it's speculation. My kawi dealer, who i have to add are these older guys that I would have never known were all supermoto junkies until i bought mine:lol:, told me that a bigger tire on the klx's rims might do nothing at all because they will just stretch. In fact they said you might actually loose some surface area. So i'm really not sure what to do yet. Also, any info on what tire's you or anyone else is running would be appreciated.

#192 ·
stock irc's were..ehh..in my book. didnt seem sticky enough for me, and def did not have the off road capabilities i desired. I am running shinko 244 knobs and also have a set of shinko 705's for the street. they are cut deep and have larger treads, enough to make a good street tire but spread apart far enough for say, gravel or dirt roads or grass. To me thats a good street tire, similiar to the distenzas. Heard good things about them, and they are cheap. so whats 100 bucks a year on a fresh set of rubber, front and rear? the klx is a light bike so it's really going to be rider abuse. if you plan on riding street only, go with a more street oriented tread pattern for sure. as far as size, from what ive read ive heard of lowsiding, followed by saying there are still a but of chicken strips...or unworn rubber. Like you said, speculation. i dont think a 120 would stretch more than a 110, being as it is wider. stretch is referred to when a tire is too skinny for a wheel, causing the sidewalls to stretch to seat.

Or you can be like me, cause anything is going to handle better than these balloons ont he pavement :lol: made it to the first turn and said WTF. but ive gotten used to it.

#193 ·
i bought my motard to use it every way you can imagine it could be used. I love my klx for what it is :D as far as hacking her up and painting stuff, i went to school for collision repair and i turn wrenches on porsche's for a living. Just have to be creative and realize when it comes to some things, you just gotta make it work, zipties or not. I've tucked my liscense plate like 3 times now, re using stock stuff minus the tail light (kept breaking it more and more.) after my moto session saturday the plastic under the fender i had re used was starting to break apart. so, i ditched it, zip tied my brake light bracket i made to my rear fender and stuck my turn signals on my rear fender. I saw a thread of people using a kx250f rear fender, and i want that bad so this is a temp set up for me to stay legal.its super ghetto, but now my tail light is out of reach of my tire and my turn signals are mounted to something not falling apart. also got it rigged to where if the zip ties break, it just dangles. Function> form in my case. ive got a few tricks up my sleeve as far as paint, and im working on a "prototype", if you will, headlamp/number plate. I dont like anything out there, so i figured id make my own. if people want em afterward, maybe ill make some more...current plastics are gonna get sandplasted black for motoing and im gonna have a custom set for on the street ;)

#194 · (Edited)
like all ofyou guys, I love my KLX for what it is. Cheap but surprising fun little bike to ride. It takes me everywhere i want and in the city, it's a blast to zip through alleys , pop some wheelies coming off sidewalks and climbing up stairs. Here in Vancouver, bunch of motard guys ride every friday night from 9pm till 3 am in the morning, going through mall undergrounds to mountain bike trails, and never had a problem following the bigger bikes. If we hit the highway, then that's when it gets tougher, but we rarely do, and most of the guys have crf450, smc610, klx650, drz440, etc.

I also traveled quite a bit this summer with the bike 3000kms trip, Vancouver-calgary and back and beside the tank being too small, and the seat being as hard as a rock after 300km, I had a blast, my dad was following with a hd and I was not slowing him down.

I also went on a motocross weekend with buddies this summer, and with some knobbies, I was pleasentely surprised at how well the lil bike handled, did everything I asked it to do.

It's a great bike to learn the basics of supermoto, and everyday I love my bike more and more. I'm slowly starting to learn how to back it in, which is a blast!! I've been running 120s and 140s in the back, and so far, no problems, it's grippy and there's enough grip for very very low turns.

Next rear tire will be a shinko 150-60-17, for looks mostly as I don't really think 10mm is gonna do such a big difference.

The kx250 fender is on my to-do list and I just ordered it. I'm out of commission for another 2 months since I broke my leg skateboarding, so i have plenty of time to wrench on the bike!

the big bore is the next big step!! I really like the bike, and so far, I don't think I have a need for a bigger bike. sure I'd love to have a bigger, but do I really need it? I'm quite comfortable on the 250 and I'm not super tall 5'8'' so, it quite works out for me..

alright novel over!! pictures to come soon!

#195 ·
had a few mishaps on trying to modify and refab the plastic on the klx250sf...cutting and fabricating a kx250f rear fender plastic didn't look too good after fitting (ended up in the trash)...still using stock plastics....made some minor changes in the handlebar...added some mirrors under the bar...added a 12v socket (some spare look carbon fiber road bike stem spacer helped fit it)

#198 ·
actually had a hard time fitting the 12v socket on the handlebar...originally, i had mounted on the side plastic...was looking in my drawers and found all my spare road bike parts...and was able to use the spacers to mounted the 12v higher to fit the bar and clear the fork...

#197 ·
Cool stories, nice to know their are others like me. I was starting to wonder, if I really was jacked up in the head for buying a 250.:rofl:

Made blockoff plate for air injection.

Tailight/turn signal combo should be in this week. Here's a couple of pics. 15T and new chain on the way as well.

#200 ·
UFO 2006-2008 KX250F . I was surprised how far the fit was off. Mounting holes were completely cutoff. Problem is my ADD kicks in and I just want things done. So somebody with more patience can make it look much better than mine does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.