Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your KLX250SF Pics ?

Cycra hand guards and Fly Racing bars... The guards were a bit tough to install.

Default Just Bought!

Just got it! Have been browsing the forum for a week now and thought id make my first post here...

$3200 1500miles, FMF Q4, Grips, Custom tuned, dyno'd at 29HP!! Powermadd handguards/mirrors on the way, front/rear light setup is next along with rear fender delete.. Open to suggestions and comments!

Welcome to the forum. Start by cutting a couple feet off of the rear fender.

29HP is stout, is it a 351 ?

Haha yea i plan on it man, i do live in Wyoming.. So i will need "some" protection.. Planning on mounting the plate really low behind the tire and an r6 taillight of sorts, with just the fender no extension..

The kid i bought it from races supermoto and had his mechanic go through it... Its a base 250 with some jetting and carb work apparently.. I have the dyno sheet and it all checks out at 21HP.**** my bad.. not 29.
    Last edited by SnoBound; 03-18-2012 at 07:59 PM.

that sounds a bit more right lol. Im glad to see more people joining the thread as well! I dont have any new updates on mine right now :( levers and a new tail light are on the way since my chinese led only half lights up lol. brushguards too..

Default New Mirror Modification

Before I put my new handlebars on I had a side mirror mount, but now that I have the new bars, I was looking for a new way to mount my old side mirror.

I had seen a few SM's with the mirror hanging down below the handlebars and really liked that look, but the mirrors cost between $50-70...and I am cheap so I decided to make my own.

Here is everything I used- conduit hangers with a speed thread (at Home Depot for $2) and my old side mount mirror.

I just placed the mirror in mounting hole of the conduit and tightened the bold with a nut.

Then I put the mirror on my handlebars and tightened the speed thread to secure them.

Here is a picture of the final product. I tested it out on the road and had little to no vibration (even at 65-70mph). If you have an old side mirror this is a very cheap ($2) way to get a pretty cool modification.

Here is a pic of mine. The orange graphics went on 1week after purchase. Just put in my short black levers with orange anodized adjuster.
    Ride On!!!

DKeefe, pretty thrifty set-up on the mirrors. Looks good

Mike, I don't feel as odd seeing somebody else went with Orange. Looks good If nothing else when Halloween rolls around were all set.

Orange happens to be my color of choice. My fiddy is also black and orange my zx7r is orange and my 06' zx10r (stolen) was orange. My 07' replacement is blue and orange, as well as two cars i owned in the past were orange. A couple of friends use to call me the orange power ranger. Its funny i don't own a KTM. I say it all the time OrAnGe RoCkS!!!

Still need a graphic kit...

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLife View Post

Still need a graphic kit...

Where did you get the different colored plastics?

I believe that's a Kawasaki D-Tracker, as opposed to our KLX250SF.

Also you can get the green from a 2009KLX250S dual sport. Kaw plastics are an arm and a leg though.

Quote Originally Posted by adr View Post
    I believe that's a Kawasaki D-Tracker, as opposed to our KLX250SF.

Also you can get the green from a 2009KLX250S dual sport. Kaw plastics are an arm and a leg though.

Does anyone have a link to plastics for sale??

Quote Originally Posted by DKeefe86 View Post
    Actually, this is KLX250S 2008. And i converted to supermoto about 2years ago.

i already repainted this bike. Frame, front shock, rear spring etc.

in Indonesia, it's so easy to get a plastic kit for KLX250, but we have to wait about 2weeks.

Does anyone have a link to plastics for sale??
    Look up 2009 KLX250S in Green. Keep in mind though the S and SF had a different shape on the front fender.

31B 49131-5132-290 SHROUD-ENGINE,LH,L.GREEN $53.51

http://www.babbittsonline.com/kawasa.../I15I1539E3032
    Last edited by adr; 03-22-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adr View Post
    Look up 2009 KLX250S in Green. Keep in mind though the S and SF had a different shape on the front fender.

31B 49131-5132-290 SHROUD-ENGINE,LH,L.GREEN $53.51

http://www.babbittsonline.com/kawasa.../I15I1539E3032

So the link to these plastics would fit my 09klxsf? Your talk of the front fender confused me.

So the link to these plastics would fit my 09klxsf? Your talk of the front fender confused me.
    Yes all the plastics will fit your bike.

The front fender from the S is like a Motorcross fender.

The front fender from our SF is shorter.

got some Moose Racing handguards installed last evening, waiting on my shorty levers still. might paint the bike today again, still unsure. if i do, ill be sure to post some pics. still debating on a color scheme, but we will see.

heres my teaser..

Quote Originally Posted by PushingLuck831 View Post
    What size Shinko tires are you running, and how do they handle?

Quote Originally Posted by SnoBound View Post
    Just got it! Have been browsing the forum for a week now and thought id make my first post here...

$3200 1500miles, FMF Q4, Grips, Custom tuned, dyno'd at 29HP!! Powermadd handguards/mirrors on the way, front/rear light setup is next along with rear fender delete.. Open to suggestions and comments!

Nice find for that price.

Here in Ohio the want $4000-4500 for an 09 with 5000 miles on em.

Trying to find a score like yours. I should sell my truck and walk in there and say whats the cash in hand price.
    My Current Bike
    2006 CRF70F With A 140cc

Waiting on a title for a car so I can sell it and pick up a clean DRZ400SM

Quote Originally Posted by capricefrk013 View Post
    Nice find for that price.

Here in Ohio the want $4000-4500 for an 09 with 5000 miles on em.

Trying to find a score like yours. I should sell my truck and walk in there and say whats the cash in hand price.
    Thanks man, it was the only one within a 6hr radius for sale 2 weeks ago.. Now there are 4 more available different model, color, higher miles, no sumo tires and no mods.. ALL of which have a $4000 price tag so im still feeling good on the purchase, where in Ohio are you from?? Im originally from Marblehead "little lake town" outside of sandusky..

BUT i did just find this> http://wyoming.craigslist.org/mcy/2928248182.html .. If interested could probably work something out for delivery in May when im going back to Ohio to visit the family..
    Last edited by SnoBound; 03-30-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    "If it has tits, tracks, or tire's it's bound to give you problems.."

Thanks man, it was the only one within a 6hr radius for sale 2 weeks ago.. Now there are 4 more available different model, color, higher miles, no sumo tires and no mods.. ALL of which have a $4000 price tag so im still feeling good on the purchase, where in Ohio are you from?? Im originally from Marblehead "little lake town" outside of sandusky..

BUT i did just find this> http://wyoming.craigslist.org/mcy/2928248182.html .. If interested could probably work something out for delivery in May when im going back to Ohio to visit the family..
    Nice price but I'd rather find a SM. Too much money to convert it to a supermoto.

Im just being patient right now. Weather is still a lil iffy here and Im selling my pitbike in my avatar and in the process of looking for a better paying job. Then maybe sell the truck to get a bike and a beater for crappy days.

Im just east of Cleveland in Euclid.
    My Current Bike
    2006 CRF70F With A 140cc

Yea, been there man. Well if you do find yourself a sumo be sure to look up the NE Ohio Riders they roll pretty deep from the looks of their thread...
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...hlight=ne+ohio

Yea, been there man. Well if you do find yourself a sumo be sure to look up the NE Ohio Riders they roll pretty deep from the looks of their thread...
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...hlight=ne+ohio
    Didnt even know there were any around here. I have yet to see any on the roads. Looks like a fun group to ride with.
    My Current Bike
    2006 CRF70F With A 140cc

My tires are a 140/80 and the front is a 120/90 i believe. If you dont ride too terribly hard, these tires are ok. For me, they are not as good on the street as i needed them to be. Im going to go tubeles most likely. But they are decent if you don't ride like a jackass

I think i am going to keep this color scheme, and get all my plastics plastadipped so its like this but carbon fiber. Hopefully in the next few months...gotta go on vacation in two weeks.

[QUOTE=I think i am going to keep this color scheme, and get all my plastics plastadipped so its like this but carbon fiber. Hopefully in the next few months...gotta go on vacation in two weeks.[/QUOTE]

How much power have you lost with those over sized tires?? Enough to tell? I also considered plastic dipping.. But i will probably go with a custom wrap and powdercoating my wheels unless i buy aftermarkets..

Na not really. it feels just as slow as before. Its a little more noticeable with the knobbies though.

Had my bike vandalized last week.... somebody slashed the seat with a razor blade and poored acetone on the plastics... guess I'll be ordering that redbull sticker kit sooner than I thought I'd be...

got my seat re-upholstered, looks even better than the stockie, adjusted my valves this week-end, they were a bit tight..., changed the spark plug, oil changed, filter changed, leveled out brake fluid, new coolant, ready for the new season

fuck vandals, if I ever catch somebody doing something to my bike, they'll be eating through a straw for the rest of their lives.
    BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP BRAAAAAAAP! follow that mentra and you shall live in a very non-mundane lifestyle!

newest addition, the rim stripe that is
    Last edited by Chance946; 04-02-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by retardmotard View Post
    Had my bike vandalized last week.... somebody slashed the seat with a razor blade and poored acetone on the plastics... guess I'll be ordering that redbull sticker kit sooner than I thought I'd be..
    How did they get to it, do you keep it outside??? Sorry to hear that man, someone would be dead on site if found fucking with my bike..

Pushing luck, thanks for the reply I have been thinking about a set of Distanzia's maybe that is the route I am going to have to go. I have some Shinko's now, but I am really looking for a tire the inspires confidence on the st. that also allows some traction on fire rds.

Dont get me wrong, these are an ok tire for the money. But hands down, distenza is a better choice if you lean more than you off road. i have found an in the middle tire isnt suitable for me. i either have to have street or knobs. I do love my shinki 744 off road, it is rather nice.

duuude thats not good at all. Dont keep her inside!? if iever caight someone messing with mine i would shoot them, gotta love tx laws. i work way too hard to have my shit messed with like that, as do most of you i am sure.

Also, i got my ebay china levers in today and got them installed. fit like a glove, tight with my moose handguards tho. Def worth the pennies! Also my chain blew up a mile a way from home on my lunch break. best break ever, didnt even get to eat! 3700 miles on the stock chain tho? eh ill take it.

Quote Originally Posted by retardmotard View Post
    Had my bike vandalized last week.... somebody slashed the seat with a razor blade and poored acetone on the plastics... guess I'll be ordering that redbull sticker kit sooner than I thought I'd be...

got my seat re-upholstered, looks even better than the stockie, adjusted my valves this week-end, they were a bit tight..., changed the spark plug, oil changed, filter changed, leveled out brake fluid, new coolant, ready for the new season

fuck vandals, if I ever catch somebody doing something to my bike, they'll be eating through a straw for the rest of their lives.
    That sucks, was it a ex ?

What jets should i run with a fmf megabomb

keep my bike inside at all time but I was at my gf's place for the night, I park the bike behind the building and you gotta know it's there to even see it. I am now suspecting the neighboor or something since I go there once in the week and I have to leave at 6am, maybe I pissed some neighboor coz the bike is loud in the am... anyway, f***king bullsh**T, don't think it's an ex

and yes, was pretty pissed, coz I work hard for my stuff, and being a student, I don't have that much extra money to spend repairing shit.

I had distanzias on the front and back, 120-130 and absolutely loved them... I am riding the avon roadrider right now on the back, 140, and I am not liking it as much... slipperier for some reason?
    BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP BRAAAAAAAP! follow that mentra and you shall live in a very non-mundane lifestyle!

Dunno if anyone remembers me saying something about my bike seeping oil, but today it finally dripped. i put maybe 100 miles TOPS since i had washed it. looks like valve cover gasket and the head gasket...just kinda puddles up on the motor and eventually dripped down and off the bottom. i hope my extended warranty does me good. if not, im raising hell and getting the 351. im gonna put up some pics tomorrow when i have a chance.

Just Picked one up recently for $3400 with 288 miles on it. Love it so far but hate the exhaust and rear whale tail lol.

Made some sliders for the tires today. First "mod" to it

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics and the dirty bike I live on a dirt road

Quote Originally Posted by mywrxwagon View Post
    Just Picked one up recently for $3400 with 288 miles on it. Love it so far but hate the exhaust and rear whale tail lol.
    Welcome to the forum! Nice bike, good price for stupid low miles! Look around and you will find plenty of inspiration on what to do with that rear whale tail.. that was my first most thing done..

Welcome to the forum! Nice bike, good price for stupid low miles! Look around and you will find plenty of inspiration on what to do with that rear whale tail.. that was my first most thing done..
    Thanks for the welcome yea im debating if i want to cut the stock tail or buy the edge 2 with integrated turn signals but i cant justify $170 right now on a tail light

Thanks for the welcome yea im debating if i want to cut the stock tail or buy the edge 2 with integrated turn signals but i cant justify $170 right now on a tail light
    remove plates and bracket, cut it (leave a flap to mount the plate), smooth it and done...

Last edited by ahnh666; 04-05-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Nice WRXWAGON. I found one for $2900. Just gotta get the funds together to go pick it up.

How are y'all mounting the skate wheels to the axle?
    My Current Bike
    2006 CRF70F With A 140cc

Be careful. I don't know how the laws are where you're at, but in tx, the blinkers have to be 6" apart. Integrated doesnt do that and gets you pulled over here. My bikes don't need them, as they aren't required. Stupid laws I know. But just a heads up
    09 WR250X
    08 SM450R

Nice WRXWAGON. I found one for $2900. Just gotta get the funds together to go pick it up.

How are y'all mounting the skate wheels to the axle?
    Is that bike for $2900 in Ohio by chance? I just used threaded rod and 54mm skate board wheels. I found a thread on here about it.

Is that bike for $2900 in Ohio by chance? I just used threaded rod and 54mm skate board wheels. I found a thread on here about it.
    Ah I see. I will have to search for that then.

Yes it sure is. Have you seen it?
    My Current Bike
    2006 CRF70F With A 140cc

Ah I see. I will have to search for that then.

Yes it sure is. Have you seen it?
    Not in person but i was all set up to get that one but he had a few others looking at it and then i found mine that i had first dibs. Haha i still have pictures of it on my phone looked like a very nice bike. Good luck

Not in person but i was all set up to get that one but he had a few others looking at it and then i found mine that i had first dibs. Haha i still have pictures of it on my phone looked like a very nice bike. Good luck
    Can you send me the pics of it? I will PM you my number.
    My Current Bike
    2006 CRF70F With A 140cc

Here's the 351 I purchased from the original owner two weeks ago. The dealership the bike was originally sold at (Skagit Powersports) in northern Washington put the 351 kit, full exhaust and pumper carb on it along with the "SP" stickers.

ive seen that 351 online before...how do you like it? im still pulling my hair out trying to debate on pulling the plug and buying it. the 250 does not have enough power and 4k miles later im paying for it :(

TX has motorcycle laws!??? i guess here in houston all you need is insurance and a liscense and they let you go if you stop! I passed 2 state troopers and two sherriffs yesterday on fm1960 doing about 70. they didnt give me a second look. i think motards may be the exceptions...ive gotten pulled over a few times for doing wheelies, they never ever ever bother looking my bike over. they just chew me, ask if i wanna see my next birthday and let me go..